1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Lines and dust

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Richie Hill, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Richie Hill

Richie Hill

Ratings:
    +176
    Hoping someone can help me here.

I have recently installed the PC version of F1 2011 and I have noticed that I get the following issues...

When I set shadows to a high level i get the effect in PIC 1.

When I run offline I get the effect in PIC 2. It is as if the dust is in the wrong place. On some replays I see the dust trailing high above the car. The same thing can be seen when I lock my brakes, the smoke is high up.

PIC 1

[​IMG]

PIC 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Renneboog

Renneboog

Ratings:
    +14
    pics are missing.

3. slavko.g

slavko.g

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using any mods or not? I think that this is problem with the textures. Maybe driver update will help. Nvidia Users are reporting similar problems. I think that they released new drivers for the game.

4. Richie Hill

Richie Hill

Ratings:
    +176
    Those pictures were taken with a completely fresh install therefore no mods. I do have an Nvidia card and I haven't installed drivers since I had it. Should I update?

Will I need to fresh install F1 2011 afterwards?

Also I have a downloaded copy of F1 2011 from an online retailer. I have started the game and checked the version number but the patch is not applied. When I run the patch exe I downloaded I get a message saying I need to insert the product disk, which I obviously do not have since I purchased a download version.

Can anyone help?

Rich

5. slavko.g

slavko.g

Ratings:
    +0
    Install the latest drivers!! Don't need to reinstall the game. For the patch: i use the dvd version and when i started the game yesterday the update was automatic. It is distributed via steam or games for windows live. There is standalone version also.

6. Richie Hill

Richie Hill

Ratings:
    +176
    Looks like my problem could be drivers then, they haven't been updated since 2009 :eek:

With regards to the patch, I have purchased from

link removed

I dont know therefore iff this is steam, windows live or standalone??

Thanks

7. slavko.g

slavko.g

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have experience with that online shop. Maybe you'll find something on the official codemasters forum.