F1 2011 Lines and dust

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hoping someone can help me here.

I have recently installed the PC version of F1 2011 and I have noticed that I get the following issues...

When I set shadows to a high level i get the effect in PIC 1.

When I run offline I get the effect in PIC 2. It is as if the dust is in the wrong place. On some replays I see the dust trailing high above the car. The same thing can be seen when I lock my brakes, the smoke is high up.

PIC 1

fsscr020-7.jpg

PIC 2

fsscr018-12.jpg

fsscr016-7.jpg

fsscr017-10.jpg

fsscr015-6.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Are you using any mods or not? I think that this is problem with the textures. Maybe driver update will help. Nvidia Users are reporting similar problems. I think that they released new drivers for the game.

Those pictures were taken with a completely fresh install therefore no mods. I do have an Nvidia card and I haven't installed drivers since I had it. Should I update?

Will I need to fresh install F1 2011 afterwards?

Also I have a downloaded copy of F1 2011 from an online retailer. I have started the game and checked the version number but the patch is not applied. When I run the patch exe I downloaded I get a message saying I need to insert the product disk, which I obviously do not have since I purchased a download version.

Can anyone help?

Rich

Install the latest drivers!! Don't need to reinstall the game. For the patch: i use the dvd version and when i started the game yesterday the update was automatic. It is distributed via steam or games for windows live. There is standalone version also.

Looks like my problem could be drivers then, they haven't been updated since 2009 :eek:

With regards to the patch, I have purchased from

link removed

I dont know therefore iff this is steam, windows live or standalone??

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back