WIP Limbo

Not so far from the finish I'm hitting something invisible - it's in the forest at the right edge of the road. Maybe this is one of the errors - no mesh or wrong texture. I'll try to specify more precisely later.
I used to have errors like that when something was messed up with the terrain textures (maybe some areas have two textures, there could be some little bug in BTB with this - say you change the texture in the area, but the program forgets about that and puts a second texture - something like that).
I suggest you can check again all textures conected with terrain areas - "Select All" in the window ("Hide unselected" earlier, or BTB will randomly select other parts of other areas) and reaply materials to them.
If you get errors like that, in most cases something will disapear from the track (terrain, objects etc.) - on start, when camera is turning aound your car, I can see there is not terrain in tha back - maybe this one?
Reffering to the screenshot (I believe you have the same errors?) - write down the numbers of objects which have errors and open the file "objectlist.ini" - it says for the Object 103:

[Object_103]
file=ta37_mb0
xform=ta37_mb0r0
cloneCount=1
LODIn=0
LODOut=2482,474
Visible=1
DrawInstanced=0
Moveable=0
ShadowCaster=0
CollisionModel=0

So, I guess it's connected with terrain. The second line of this part is "(file=)ta...." single letter "t" means "track"
I think this is a clue...

For collisions - I forget about setting them to objects (I switch ALL of them off) - It's easy to control them if you have 50 objects, but for large tracks, there are much more, then try to find those which disapear... :) I also believe that the less polygons have collisions (speaking of more complex objects), the better performance I get. So, e.g for some house with 200 triangles it's better to build invisible wall with 20 collidable poygons (or less) :) The same with tress - I wish there could be possibility to obtain "soft" collisons like just breaking the front glass as we have in original RBR format. The use of "collision column" feature in xpacks never worked on my computer. So, I just use my own collision colums which have just two faces/four triangles. There are some instructions inside that zip - what to do to make them completely invisible after the very last export of the track.
I hope it helps, sorry for my English ;)

Edit: I almost forgot - thanks for you comment on my track (youTube) :) I work hard on that... Hope I will share with the track soon!

Thanks, i have now started to strip out any terrain thats not needed and i think i might be able to get rid of almost 50% of all the terrain there is without anything looking different, i have disable collision on every single object on the track and will use the collision objects you made for the trees etc that needs to be collidable etc..

I will take a look at the terrain as you said and the roadside is now being "randomized" making it pretty rough and bumpy so you will have to stay on the track... :)

Also im look into making the track filled with some pot holes and different gravel textures making it even more intressting to drive.

Its funny how much you can evolve in track building, i remember when i made the stage karla a year ago and now im many times better at everything which makes for some kick ass looking stages. Who knows how it will look a year from now.. then my stages might be as good as or better than the stock ones made by sci :D BTB rules!!

wou!, very good job! On the road, I only add some dirty furrow on turns zones. If you want I can divide with mine "rally road elements: xPack, for better express rally atmosphere... SCRS005.jpg

Today ive been redoing the whole first passage (30%?) of the stage, giving it new trees new surface and much more.

I think now it looks much more like a deep swedish forest and thats how it looked when i was there in real life!

rbr_007.jpg

rbr_009.jpg

The woody sections a bit further down the stage will probably get a more soft bushy forest look like i think and further too the finish a more deep woody feeling comes back...

I was going to put a landscape object from gbxpack into the track but ingame it looks white like its foggy or whatever... Anyone know if i can get rid of that? (see pic)

rbr_010.jpg

Also i wanna thank Barbje_Keller for his xpack that pushed up the rally atmosphere of this track a notch!

Looks like your track is going well...good work friend.:good:

I'm sure it's possible to fix that. This has something to do with the fog function in Rx_plugin. I don't know if by modifying LOD values, it can have interaction with the way the plugin handle fog. You should ask Black f. about this...he know better than me!

What about roadsigns from gbxpack? I notice some tracks have thoses signs flickering, it looks real bad. Are thoses signs are from my xpack? Because I don't remember experiencing this kind of problem. I saw other xpack in the download sections which own same objects as my xpack. If someone could confirm this to me would be nice, so I can adress the issue.

@ Jay - yes, these arrows and signs flicker. I'm making new ones and if you agree, will share with xpacks in some time (when I finish my track). I also used some textures (trees) from GB xpack for my vegetation xpack. But they were taken from original RBR track, as I see? I simply didn't want to load too many textures for my track, so I've made my own texture sheets.

Please check progress on my track too :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-...76-polish-kormoran-rally-2003-ss-1-5-a-2.html

Track is progressing... Whole track is being reworked and has been extended to its full length (9.5km)

You can also see the gravel is new and is still being worked on but i think its a step in the right direction :redface:

Heres a small video showing the new start and a few kilometers through the original but reworked stage!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back