Lightweight backup install issue

I'm making a lightweight backup install that I can reuse for individual mods but running into a few issues. I've deleted a few un-needed files like the intro movies etc and the Locations folder (I'm pointing the Config file to another locations directory) and all works fine to this point.

However If I try to point to another Vehicles directory I get MAS loading errors. Or if I just remove some of the stock vehicles I don't use, the game will crash when scrolling through the car selection menu.

A question too, I use the 2008 DVD Special Edition version, is the 1255F patch recommended or compatible with this version of the game?

Many thanks.

just download the rf lite version from isi its a lot easier ... as for vehicle files i dont know ; i just have a lite version with all my settings /controller files in it and zipped up ready to use if i need a new or a backup install and i then add the cars to that one ( i dont mix mods ) 1 mod one install and a shared track pack

Andi

rF Lite wont work for some reason even with the disc in the drive. I'm guessing it's because its a digital version that requires registering and I don't fancy buying the game twice lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%