License Issue

Hi,
I have followed all the necessary instructions in order to download the software and license for the software. Unfortunately, I get the error message shown below. Any help would be much appreciated.
upload_2018-3-19_13-42-12.png

Many Thanks,
Mike

Microsoft doesn't like BTB being in the C:/Program Files (x86). Scrub that BTB and setup again in - eg. C:/BTB Pro or Documents/BTB Pro.

Also make BobsTrackBuilder.exe and BTBXPacker.exe as an exception with your anti virus.

I noticed that the HardwareId was made a month before the licence. Have you changed your PC or your PC's motherboard in that time?

AGAIN -Edit - New thread.- Bad day at the office!

Last edited:
I noticed that the HardwareId was made a month before the licence. Have you changed your PC or your PC's motherboard in that time?

AGAIN -Edit - New thread.- Bad day at the office!

Here is my screenprint: I did the whole installation yesterday. You can see the license files have the same date.. I have not done any hardware changes recently..
BTB screenprint.jpg

Grasping at straws. I see that you have a hardware ID from both hardware EXE's. The one to use is the
CreateHardwareId.exe which produces the HardwareId.v1.0.0.1. Keep that one and delete, or put to one side the HardwareID.txt.
The other thing I've noticed is that you don't have 6 folders from "My Projects" to the XPacks. But you may have moved them? Just wondering if your setup file has not setup properly.

Last edited:
Grasping at straws. I see that you have a hardware ID from both hardware EXE's. The one to use is the
CreateHardwareId.exe which produces the HardwareId.v1.0.0.1. Keep that one and delete, or put to one side the HardwareID.txt.
The other thing I've noticed is that you don't have 6 folders from "My Projects" to the XPacks. But you may have moved them? Just wondering if your setup file has not setup properly.

Thanks.
I have removed BTB and reinstalled, new screenprint attached. I've taken away the old HardwareID files as you suggested, but still get that same error.
btw: I have a dual-boot system - 1 HD with Win XP, 1 with Win 7. I've installed BTB onto the Win XP drive (D). I get the error message running it from both Win XP and Win 7. Does that make any difference?

BTB screenprint 2.jpg

I think you should only use it on one drive and it must be the drive that the Hardware Id was run in.
I think the hardware id gets some reference of the PC. I always thought it was mainly the motherboard but i'm not certain.
I have Win 7 and run btb on win 10. Certainly have no problems with that and licences.
How long did you put on your licence - 4 months , I hope.
Will have to sleep on it and think about it tomorrow.

Last straw! If you haven't already tried it.
In the drive you started off from. Put the licence you have elsewhere. Keep the good, latest hardware Id in BTB redownload your licence from your BTB account page, and try it.
If no go, write to Brendon with pics at ----------- bob@bobstrackbuilder.net. Hopefully he will reset the licence for you to try again.

Totally out of straws!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years