License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

you can pay on whichever machine you like. The thing is which machine you submit your HardwareID from.

Once installed (on your xp box) the prog dir will have a small prog called HID.exe, run it, and that generates HardwareID.txt which you submit to the BTB site, where you also get to select license length and you can name which box you're using it on, presumably always your xp box. You can download something like three - five license renewals. after they run out you can have your licenses refreshed, for free.

Technically, if your license ever expires at a time when you really need to be working on BTB at that very moment, (ie you can't wait a few hours) you could install BTB on your windows7 machine and just run the demo, and copy your project folder over. As far as i know BTB runs fine on win7 except for the license not getting picked up, so just don't register on that box!

you can pay on whichever machine you like. The thing is which machine you submit your HardwareID from.

Once installed (on your xp box) the prog dir will have a small prog called HID.exe, run it, and that generates HardwareID.txt which you submit to the BTB site, where you also get to select license length and you can name which box you're using it on, presumably always your xp box. You can download something like three - five license renewals. after they run out you can have your licenses refreshed, for free.

Technically, if your license ever expires at a time when you really need to be working on BTB at that very moment, (ie you can't wait a few hours) you could install BTB on your windows7 machine and just run the demo, and copy your project folder over. As far as i know BTB runs fine on win7 except for the license not getting picked up, so just don't register on that box!

Thanks for taking the time to explain that for me.:doublethumb:

Pete

Well, I've had no response whatsoever from Brendan.
I'm guessing he's completely abandoned BTB, even though people are still paying for it!
Reading back through all of the 'Licence Issue' thread(s) there seem to be several people who had problems with it who seem to be happy with the situation. I am not one of those people.
As the saying goes, "it's time for action".

Well, I've had no response whatsoever from Brendan.
I'm guessing he's completely abandoned BTB, even though people are still paying for it!
Reading back through all of the 'Licence Issue' thread(s) there seem to be several people who had problems with it who seem to be happy with the situation. I am not one of those people.
As the saying goes, "it's time for action".
I'm afraid I agree with you. Perhaps if members start taking action, like getting refunds, then it might help focus Brendan's attention on this matter. After all we've nothing to loose.

Pete

BTB Help

I have had Bobs Track builder for a while now, for some reason its now telling me my license has expired. It is also showing i have uploaded my hardwareId.txt it will expire in 2012, I have tryed everything i can think of to get ahold of some one to help, (BTB) on the btb web-i cant find ANYwhere to get in touch with him, can someone help?

ok- funny .... i am mjekizz- and after i left the post i made about bob's track builder not working, and getting no answer from ANYWHERE!! i cant log in under that name, even if i ask for a new pass word,its says worng!! cant log in , so i made a new login account, maby some one will help get this fixed, i have had BTB for a few months, my licens is uploaded. it worked for a month or so now its not says my trial is ended?? why?? it even shows i have till 03/01/2012... anyone help? every thing i have done everywhere i have gone, no help :( $80 bucks down the drain? can any of the admins here in this site get in touch with him??

redownload your HardwareID.txt and place it in your BTB root folder. next time you submit a Hardware ID i would suggest doing what it says on the submission page, only registering it for a short time. if you change anything on your PC is will void you HardwareID and cause BTB to stop working. the only way to submit a new ID is to let the old one expire.

of course you would already know this and BTB's current situation if you had done some quick research first.

Thats a little bit harsh nissanman. One shouldn't expect to have to do some indepth research to use a new product. Its easy to say in hindsight. I first got an 18 month licence (on 64 bit vista of all OSes!! Tip: turn off UAC) because I didn't at the time understand the implications of what was being recommended, and how sensitive it could be. You don't expect software to operate in such a perverse way. I was lucky, I had no issues. But I now only get licences on the shortest available option. am also scared to add a new hard drive in case it thinks I've installed the software on an entirely new system.... :rolleyes:

Im sick of this as much as any of you. Worked fine until 2 days ago. Cant get a new licence file, as the option is not available. In my opinion theres 3 options....
Option 1- work hard to get Mr Pywell to come n tell us himself that hes not continuing it.
Option 2- Stop using it and use something else that gets developed
Option 3- Seeing as its code, somebody with talent create a licence file. Easier said than done of course but then we can all use it.

I believe we go for #3

I bought the software, not trying to be cheat the creator, but hes not exactly in it for customer service is he?
I dont want to hear any problems with my idea, lets figure out how to use this thing.

J................ But it definitely might have been made a bit more forgiving and easier to use. I understand obvioulsy it's to prevent piracy primarily.

Even given that, just some basic support for the licensing system would have helped enormously and would have alleviated a lot of the frustration that currently exists.

I'm holding back on buying this software until I can be certain that I have a backup working copy that I can use in the event of license failure.

Pete

Before I bought BTB I asked Brendon what hardware was scanned to generate the hardware ID, and he said it was the CPU and the motherboard. From what I've read, it seems that the biggest issue is that the computer's ID changes based on a wide number of variables. Perhaps someone who just has the trial version, and therefore has nothing to lose, could run HID.exe with different things (usb disks and other peripherals) connected. If the resulting text file is different each time, it might be worth seeing if there's some Windows setting that can influence the result.

I know i was harsh, but it's not like these issues haven't be around for 3 years now and it's not well documented. yet every week there is some one new that post the same issue, etc... it just gets old. we have all learned about this the hard way once or twice in the early days.

another thing to note is that if the latest news about a product on it's website is over a year old then maybe further research is needed to make sure the product is supported. I know i have been burned more than once because i didn't do this, but it's all part of learning and if it cost me a little money it was worth the lesson.

Before I bought BTB I asked Brendon what hardware was scanned to generate the hardware ID, and he said it was the CPU and the motherboard. From what I've read, it seems that the biggest issue is that the computer's ID changes based on a wide number of variables. Perhaps someone who just has the trial version, and therefore has nothing to lose, could run HID.exe with different things (usb disks and other peripherals) connected. If the resulting text file is different each time, it might be worth seeing if there's some Windows setting that can influence the result.

I've just installed the trial version so I'll give this a try and let you know what happens.

Pete

All in all- it really dont matter, if you put out a product that ppl will pay for you MUST have a fix for ANYTHING with in his forums, or downloads, by hiding or just not giving a &^%$ about any issues ppl may have is just wrong, no matter how long its been-how many times other ppl have had these probs, or how many times its been posted not to do "this" or not to do "that" its still WRONG not to have any fix's to any issues. $80 bucks, and no way to use it because i bought a new putr, go figure!! dont matter how long i chose to use my license-how many months, should not matter at all, if i buy a new putr or hard drive, i should still have a fix for this issue.....

Hi all, Sorry my first post here for while is gonna be a ***** but... I did a stupid thing but what has happened is b?sh*t sus...

27/5 I had to submit a new hid, normal 2 month expiry... so thought to myself " well xp has been solid for six months the lappy is in track building heaven, LETS GO FOR 3 MONTHS..........

Opens btb this morning, works on latest diversion to real life. Which just sucks big time at the moment....
does maybe 1 or so hrs work then closes btb, makes coffee, goes outside, enjoys some of the morning!.
comes back in maybe 1/2 hr later, opens btb ( lappy still running ).......... TRIAL EXPIRE BS>> BS>>>BS......
3 Months !!!!!!
btb email now rejects me as spam?or is dead.

extremely pissed.......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back