License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

And when you are creating HardwareID file, make sure you (unless you use them all the time) have unplugged all external storage devices such as memory cards, flash drives etc. If you use some external HDD temporarily (maybe for backups) - unplug it too.
And this works in opposite way after you renew a license - say you are working on some project and want to save your photos from SD card - just plug your card and BTB will tell your license has expired immediately!

BTB Lic. prob.

After buying a new licens for BTB I figured out what the prob was,my slave HD died so I replaced it and BTB locked me out,after converting it to an exturnal HD BTB worked again,so if you make a change in your pc such as add another hard drive,the HID file kills your lic.but an exturnal one will not. So if you have made any changes to your pc and your BTB locks you out that my be the prob....

License Issues

Hi Brendon, I tried getting my BTB Pro version running on my Vista PC, but the License Expired Box comes up, even though it doesn't run out until the 24th of April 2011, what should i do?

Ive had no problems running BTB on my Vista PC since i installed BTB years ago, thanks for your help!

Martin. :frown:

Unfortunately it's unlikely that Brendon will reply. I'm no expert but it could be that your hardware ID has changed. Vista is very sensitive about that, which has been the cause of a lot of strife.

The program sure works, all around it is definitely worth it's cost. My concern just is that if the licence renewal system will shut down for any reason. I would like to be in control of deciding if I want to use that program 50 years from now. Not that I would, but the principle question. No way that site would be up then.

worth it's cost. My concern just is that if the licence renewal system will shut down for any reason. I would like to be in control of deciding if I want to use that program 50 years from now.

That's what cracks and no-cd .exes were originally invented for (as soon as copy protection systems waltzed in the world of software users).

Luckily i have my XP PC, so i just Renewed the License on it for 1 Month, still waiting for the Confirmation!

Just to clarify, that as paying users of this software, if it is no longer supported by the Programmer, then a fair solution would be to give us a hard copy to install at the time we feel free too.
An Example of this is 3dSimEd, my Old version 1.0 is on a Flash Disk so i can install it on any new PC i get in the future, i also purchased the V2.0 of this software, i have had no problems running it or the license not working.

I have a similar problem. I renewed my license on the 3rd of march and chose to have it last for 12 months. When the confirmation and new license came i copied it across as usual and ran BTB to make sure it worked ok, which it did. I then used it for the next couple of nights and left it alone again until now.

Imagine my suprise to find that, on trying to start it up again today, i was informed that the license had expired! What gives? My system hasn't changed in the slightest, hardware and OS are all identical to the last time i ran it. Logging onto the BTB site and checking the license details revealed that i renewed on 3/3/2011 and it expires on 7/3/2011.

Now i'm from the UK and if the dates are written in the order that we would write them over here then the renewal only gave me 3 days. Even taking into account the fact that the date and month are the other way around then that would give me till July. Either way it didn't give me the 12 months that i asked for. It won't even let me re-submit my HardwareID. What the hell do i do now?

I paid good money that i could ill afford to be able to use this software and design tracks for my favourite racing sim (GT Legends), and now it's un-useable. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this to work again or to get in touch with Brendon, or failing that how to circumvent the protection? I would be very grateful for any help anyone could give.

Imagine my suprise to find that, on trying to start it up again today, i was informed that the license had expired! What gives? My system hasn't changed in the slightest, hardware and OS are all identical to the last time i ran it. Logging onto the BTB site and checking the license details revealed that i renewed on 3/3/2011 and it expires on 7/3/2011.

I think it's a Windows 7 & Vista thing. I've done a bit of playing around with this to try & find out what's going on but I don't have a solution. It seems that some days if you run the Hardware ID it gives a different result even with no hardware changes. The HardwareID.txt seems to change between 2 numbers at seemingly random times but obviously something is affecting it. Mine has never deviated from one or the other number but it does affect the Licence. All I can suggest is try it again another time & hopefully it will start up again. Not much of a solution I know but hopefully it will come good.

Maybe you could try a system restore back to a time you know it was working & see if that helps.

Good Luck

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing