F1 2010 Licence username

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have not realised that when I applied for my licence, my username is the one that I must sign up with when I sign on in game, only after I applied did I read the section about usernames.

I do not want to restart my career for the sake of joining the race club.

Is there a way to change my licence username perhaps or something?

It is my username that I use and not my real name?

Ok, so lt me rephrase that, I SHOULD restart my career or what ever with the name of craig whitmore so that I can play on the rd servers?

forgive me if I question this, however, I don't particularly want to restart career if I have to for various reasons, but saying this, if that's what is necessary, then I will do.

Ok, so lt me rephrase that, I SHOULD restart my career or what ever with the name of craig whitmore so that I can play on the rd servers?

Again, no. You could just look at any F1 event, and see that people are signing up with their random usernames.

If you had any other game used here, you'd have to change your profile name.

EDIT: personally, I don't get the appeal of seeing something like this anyway:

1. Fernando Alonso
  2. Felipe Massa
  3. speeddemon37
  4. Jarno Trulli
  5. ...

F1 games arent run on RD servers, they use a host. A long as the host knows who is who, it is perfectly acceptable to use your real name here on the forum, but keep whatever your existing tag/game name is. When you sign up for a race, you give both names anyway.

Even if you did have to change your tag online, it wouldnt affect your career mode or mean restarting it. Online and career mode are two different things.

what's even more ridiculous is that if you do want to change your gamertag, you need to actually pay for it lol. I signed up with a random silly gamertag figuring heck I'll change it when I come up with something better...what a ripoff this GFWL is

I'm guessing this is why RD only requires our forum names to be our real ones, cuz you can't easily change your gamertag. I do find it suspicious how I see some namesakes like Alonso and Petrov on this forum, but I guess it's possible that they're common names in those countries:D

Because changing gamertags is almost undoable F1 2010 is our exception of the rule. For the other sims we play at RD (that can be hosted on our dedicated servers) we have a state of the art statistics system that tracks all your results, laptimes etc etc

http://www.racedepartment.com/standings/ (have a look and browse around, click on some names to see the results. There are multiple layers of information, really cool)

The overal personal ranking in this community is displayed under a lot of peoples forum name. Real names are required because we use them in all our other games too :)

Hopefully Codemasters will make a real pc sim next season that can be supported. With our ranking system it would be brilliant.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%