1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lewis & Kimi - a world unto itself.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Hampus Andersson, Sep 19, 2012.

1. It´s from Rob Wilson. He´s a driver coach and has coached thousands of drivers through the years.
    Half the drivers on the grid today. He doesn´t look like much but looks can be deceiving.

Anyway, he´s trained Lewis and Kimi and it was interesting what he said about the two guys.
    He´s trained Maldonado and Senna as well as mentioned in the article below.
    I suggest reading all of it but i bolded the Kimi/Lewis part.
    I think you have to read it all to get an understanding of the test they did.

It´s been translated from Croatian to English and this is one comment from F1T regarding other drivers in F1.
    He´s absolutely terrific to listen to as well when he breaks down different driving styles on certain tracks like Canada with Lewis and Button.

He usually guests The Flying Lap on youtube which i recommend anyone to watch.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

great read. thanks. he is the main reason i check out the flying lap.
    love the idea of self improvement and hope for all but also appreciation of natural brilliance. did laugh, however, when during one flying lap episode, he didn't know the true meaning of "apex" and windsor had to jokingly point it out to him lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very great article! Further confirms that some of the best drivers ever are out on the grid today.

Found it very interesting what he said over Maldonado and B.Senna, he said that they are both good in their own ways but many people will have a lot of difficulty believing that, lol.

4. sweet read Hampus..enjoyed it.
    It woudve been immense though if MS could spare 5min of his busy schedule and show Roby Wilson a thing or two in geometry of conrnering eh?:p

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Source link?

• Like Like x 1