Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

F1 kicks off again!

A great race ruined by the nonsense going on after it. Lewis DSQ'd??? If a proper investigation had been done at the time there would have been no penalty to Trulli in the first place and Lewis would still have been fourth.

This is nonsense imo.... just like the Vettel penalty...

• Emerald Emblem

Funny thing about this, is that no-one is sure what actually happened in the final corners and the pit straight. there are loads of stories about what happened. We know not what evidence the FIA went on.

Hearin the evidence, I get the idea that McLaren were emplying dirty tactics, maybe they knew Trulli would be penalised, and told Hamilton to let him pass. Also, if he did'nt tell the FIA the vital evidence in the case, then that is a significant. I believe Trulli deserved to take back his 3rd place, and Hamilton get penalised. Disqualified? Maybe a little harsh, but it happened, and they're not appealing it, even though they say they're innocent :/

I read a new report regarding the investigation, and they say that Hamilton could possibly be excluded from the championship. Now, maybe there is more involved if it comes to this, but if it's over the Trulli/safety car inciddent then it is BS.

And I doubt it's an April fools joke, was posted on the 2nd of April.

• 123456789aa

yup this is no joke i read this from another website too

So, the current F1 champion and his team decided to lie to the stewards in the first race of the season. Last year they used stolen information from their competition. The FIA is funny, but McClaren is getting ROFL. I do hope that the FIA takes this further, cause the sport has been turned into a big joke

• Andrew Evans

welp, looks like the sporting director is being made the scapegoat.... :nod:

• Andrew Evans

:nod:

but hamilton would have been complicit in it as well....

ahow, he's called his own special press conference to explain himself... lollers...

• Andrew Evans

ahow, he's called his own special press conference to explain himself... lollers...

"dave told me to", has to be one of the worst excuses i've ever heard... they can't let it lie (you would not let it lie) after that...

So, the current F1 champion and his team decided to lie to the stewards in the first race of the season. Last year they used stolen information from their competition. The FIA is funny, but McClaren is getting ROFL. I do hope that the FIA takes this further, cause the sport has been turned into a big joke

I've never been a big McLaren fan but think the FIA, their stewards are also contributing to this laughing stock. Just think, we've still got "diffusergate" to finish :)

this is further thoughts - are the FIA trying to save face now? lets not be too niave in thinking both drivers would have gone in acting like angels, both would try to go in to get the stewards on their side of the arguement. I'm not saying this is right, but lets think of the court of law, a murderer will still plead innocent, it happens. now... it is the stewards responsibility to make sure the decision they come to is based on fact. if its a case of one word against the other they then need to investigate from all sources available to them, even that which is not presented to them. If they had done this at the time i'm sure the decision they would have come to is "you is talking rubbish lewis, get out! results across the line stand". imo they are now having to back pedal and save face for not doing their job correctly first time and while doing it flexing there muscles big time.

the bit the pains me most about this sport is we had a cracking race in australia and look what we are talking about... the stewards decisions. shame :(

You right Keith.
Lets hope the FIA make a decision and we all try move on.
Hoping the guys have a good race on sunday, and that there are no more issues like this again.

I feel a bit for the stewards in this case. With motor racing being one of the sports where one can not pause the action to get an immediate correct ruling they have been getting the flak from time to time due to having being forced to change some race results - sometimes days after the fact. This time round they (maybe naively so) thought it was a simple open and shut case.

I would guess they spoke to Trulli and he told them Hamilton let him by - or at least thought he was being waved through - and then they took Hamiltons' word that he never let him by. Surely there is still some honour left in the world? And for once they could make a ruling quickly after the race...

Only to be made to look stupid when evidence later suggested that Hamilton was lying through his teeth.

McLaren could face further sanctions
The FIA have Also Recognised Lewis Effort to Set Record Straight to day From this Link: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74214

By Simon Strang

The FIA has not ruled out taking further action against McLaren in the wake of Lewis Hamilton's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.

The Briton was excluded from the Melbourne race after the stewards deemed he and his McLaren team had 'deliberately misled' them about a radio conversation that took place after he had passed Toyota driver Jarno Trulli behind the safety car.

Following McLaren's decision to suspend its sporting director Dave Ryan, and Hamilton's emotional public apology to the FIA stewards and his fans for what he called a 'huge mistake', the FIA has indicated that it will review all the evidence before deciding whether to refer the matter to the World Motor Sport Council.

The sport's governing body also recognised the efforts at which the world champion had gone to explain himself, hinting that any further sanctions might be focussed on the team's role in the incident, rather than the driver's.

"We recognise Lewis's efforts to set the record straight today," said an FIA spokesman. "It would appear that he was put in an impossible position.

"We are now awaiting reports from the FIA observer and stewards before consideration can be given to further investigation of the team's conduct.

"We cannot rule out the matter being referred to the World Council at this stage."

When asked during his press conference at Sepang if he was concerned about the possibility of further action being taken against him and McLaren by the FIA, Hamilton said: "I am sure the FIA will act accordingly and in the right way. I don't know what else is going to happen in the future.

"For me now, I have to focus on the race and try to move forward from this, learn from it and grow."

If the matter is referred to the WMSC, McLaren could face a significant fine or even exclusion from races or the championship.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said today that he felt 'deep regret' at the events of the past week, adding that the team wanted 'come clean' on its side of the story.

"It has become clear from discussions with Dave [Ryan] last night and through into this morning that during the stewards meeting after the Australian Grand Prix, he was not entirely full and truthful in the answers he gave the stewards," said Whitmarsh.

"Consequently we had no alternative today other than to suspend him. As you can imagine, it is a very sad day for the team. We have got to deal with this weekend. We have to look in a bit more detail all of the events that surrounded it."

To be fair it was never biased towards Ferrari in the FIA decisions. Lets not forget Schumi was disqualified altogether in 1997 and that lots of rule changes did in fact hinder ferarri. Takie into account they tested a tonne more than anyone else even with an unoffical testing limit.

Put into perspective Lewis made the mistake. He did what he was told and he was told to lie about what happened and so he has been penalised. It has nothing to do with FIA bias. You break rules you should get penalised regardless of whether or not you are the crown of British Motorsport!

Don't get me wrong, being a Ferarri fan since the Mansell days I was rooting for Massa last season, but was happy Lewis won, but at the end of the day he needs to stop making these mistakes then crying about them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back