Lewis Hamilton going to Mercedes next season

Yes, many drivers might be able to win.

How many would be leading the championship with that car, though? Specially with how much of a pig it was during the first races. Probably just Hamilton from there, although he might have lost points from crashes. Perhaps Schumacher, too.

Still, Ferrari doesn't NEED Alonso. He's an asset to the team for sure, but they could replace him if he wasn't worth it.

Yes, many drivers might be able to win.

How many would be leading the championship with that car, though? Specially with how much of a pig it was during the first races. Probably just Hamilton from there, although he might have lost points from crashes. Perhaps Schumacher, too.

Still, Ferrari doesn't NEED Alonso. He's an asset to the team for sure, but they could replace him if he wasn't worth it.
Mind you it´s not only Alonso that has put him has the leader. Many things have happened around him that allowed him to be leading the championship.

Remember Mclaren and their pit stops? Like 6-7 times for Hamilton alone.

But of course he´s done probably the best work of his career at the start of the season by creating his own luck.
And he´s finished every race i believe in the points. Consistent and fast.
I think with the same scenario but a different driver it would not look that much different.

The car has for example always been incredible in the rain. Even when it was a dog.

Latest rumors is that Hamilton will stay and that a contract will very soon be signed.
Mclaren bumped up the salary from 12m to 15m and Schumacher will stay for another year.

All rumors still though. Just like EJ´s crazy talk.

Nice to see misleading thread titles...

Anyway, Eddie Jordan was right about MSC to Mercedes and Alonso to Ferrari back in 2009, so he's got somewhat of a good record.

I don't see why Hamilton would leave a winning team for Mercedes, who have always gone backward in a season including as Brawn GP, but the rumour is that Mercedes will be much stronger with the new regulations in 2014.

Peter Sauber said he's keen for Michael to race for him, I doubt Michael really wants to go any further down the grid, although the Sauber has shown to be quite the car during the season. But its definetely a down grade from a Mercedes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back