Lets touch on a sensitive topic.

Well guys, i hate to complain all the time but i will get to my point quickly.

When i was waiting for the MP release i was like, yeah, release MP and then i dont give a damn about more features getting done quickly.

But, as many of you know, lately i have been running a lot of club races here in RD (enjoying every minute i might add, ok except that nords race :p) and i have 2 big concerns / issues / things to moan about.

1. Slipstream. Really.... racing would be so much better if we had slipstream. I cant even stress how many times i am behind a slower car and i just have to be MUCH faster than him to overtake because he is defending well. If slipstream was implemented, it would be 2x easier. I can back this up with video footage but i think you know what i mean... Slipstream is an integral part of physics and racing. End of story.

2. Pitstops. At the beginning i thought i would be happy with just 5-6 lap races (until 1.0), but after some 20-30lap races i really think we should get pitstops by 1.0 . I dont want it NOW, i just want it for 1.0 . Kunos seems to think it is not that important, i call BS on that. For a serious 30-40 lap race it is important.

Dont take this post as a compaint, i am just disappointed because MP racing would be MUCH better.

With no pit stops, races are generally going to be under an hour long...how much damage can be repaired in less than an hour and why would you ride around laps down after spending a half hour getting repaired?

Real world drivers hate making laps in a crippled car but have to do it to keep their sponsors happy...I have no idea why sim-racers with nothing at stake would put themselves through that.

With no pit stops, races are generally going to be under an hour long...how much damage can be repaired in less than an hour and why would you ride around laps down after spending a half hour getting repaired?

Real world drivers hate making laps in a crippled car but have to do it to keep their sponsors happy...I have no idea why sim-racers with nothing at stake would put themselves through that.
My post was kind of humorous but the repairs shouldn't take more than 2-5 minutes to be completed, like in iRacing.

but that isn't realistic...how much damage could honestly get repaired in that time?

I never understood why people would drive a crippled car laps down at half speed in iracing either....guess I'm not hardcore enough because once I was wrecked I put it in the trailer until the next one.

In November 2013, when I was buying Assetto early access, I clearly remember Kunos's promises that the full game would be ready within six months. Not to mention the fact that the sim was originally planned for release in April 2013. In June 2014 not only is the sim far from being finished, the (promised) bi-weekly updates have recently been running very thin, with only minor issues being corrected or improved. To me, AC is beginning to look a lot like rFactor 2 in terms of development (fortunately it is better in other departments), with the release date somewhere in a misty future.. Just my 2 cents, because that's how I feel whenever I see someone write "this is early access man, be reasonable". With such an approach, it could stay early access sort of forever.

Now you can press this "dislike" button till you're blue in the face :)

In November 2013, when I was buying Assetto early access, I clearly remember Kunos's promises that the full game would be ready within six months. Not to mention the fact that the sim was originally planned for release in April 2013. In June 2014 not only is the sim far from being finished, the (promised) bi-weekly updates have recently been running very thin, with only minor issues being corrected or improved. To me, AC is beginning to look a lot like rFactor 2 in terms of development (fortunately it is better in other departments), with the release date somewhere in a misty future.. Just my 2 cents, because that's how I feel whenever I see someone write "this is early access man, be reasonable". With such an approach, it could stay early access sort of forever.

Now you can press this "dislike" button till you're blue in the face :)

Please show us the exact quotes, with links to sources naturally, of said promises. Haven't seen such things. All I've ever seen was talk about the goals of the development. And most importantly I've never seen a promise of the release in six months.

That is a fair point. Often the car damage / repair element of a sim is quite simplistic. Look at GTR2 or RACE07, you can pull into the pits with a wrecked car then drive out again in 25 seconds with it all fixed. I accept there has to be a level where realism ends and the game begins, its not like F1 where they can change a nose assembly in 8 seconds or something, once a saloon / sportscar is wrecked it takes hours to repair.

I hope they don't, this will be the 4th Friday with no update :)

So then, what was this a week ago?
- Editor released and available as a tool for everyone
- acServer bugfixing
- Physics & time-related fixes
- Fixed AI setup loading
- Setup Debug follows the currently focused car

- Fixed showroom crash
- Launcher: fixes for certain situations that could cause a crash on startup
- Launcher: error trapping for the control configuration dialog
- Default launcher theme: restored the upgrade icon in summary

- Fixed acServer Linux builds

Sure looks like we got an update to me....Any reason you are purposely spreading wrong information?

mod edit: No need to provoke members.
BTW they stopped his real progress in 1-2 mounth...
BTW my sim friends leaving AC more and more.. ((( No progress in MP here..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years