Lets touch on a sensitive topic.

Well guys, i hate to complain all the time but i will get to my point quickly.

When i was waiting for the MP release i was like, yeah, release MP and then i dont give a damn about more features getting done quickly.

But, as many of you know, lately i have been running a lot of club races here in RD (enjoying every minute i might add, ok except that nords race :p) and i have 2 big concerns / issues / things to moan about.

1. Slipstream. Really.... racing would be so much better if we had slipstream. I cant even stress how many times i am behind a slower car and i just have to be MUCH faster than him to overtake because he is defending well. If slipstream was implemented, it would be 2x easier. I can back this up with video footage but i think you know what i mean... Slipstream is an integral part of physics and racing. End of story.

2. Pitstops. At the beginning i thought i would be happy with just 5-6 lap races (until 1.0), but after some 20-30lap races i really think we should get pitstops by 1.0 . I dont want it NOW, i just want it for 1.0 . Kunos seems to think it is not that important, i call BS on that. For a serious 30-40 lap race it is important.

Dont take this post as a compaint, i am just disappointed because MP racing would be MUCH better.

You are right. The changes will be complete instantly though.
Anyhow, why are Kunos saying they will have damage in when we wont be able to pit in and fix it. Maybe it works like you said ;)
I wont comment on Kunos decision to have damage in before proper pitstops because the AC police will come and teach me a lesson or two!
Actually Its not instant. In race it makes you wait a few seconds to account for pit change time.

I don't think slipstream should be very noticeble in a game... if only we had other things implemented like dynamic wind conditions etc...it would make more sense.
When it comes to overtaking, I think realistic damage is much more important! People should be punished when failing on pushing the boundaries.

You're free to vent frustration or particular things you'd like to see Kunos do differently.
Let's face it. It's been way too long since Kunos didn't implement slipstream, beating around the bush. And it just seems so that they're also deliberately ignoring the entire dissatisfaction with booking system as well.
They're gonna have a lovely time when they release this two crucial MP features with 1.0 and have a massive bug situation as a consequence. ;)

Let's face it. It's been way too long since Kunos didn't implement slipstream, beating around the bush. And it just seems so that they're also deliberately ignoring the entire dissatisfaction with booking system as well.
They're gonna have a lovely time when they release this two crucial MP features with 1.0 and have a massive bug situation as a consequence. ;)
These are the over the top reactions that I don't understand....I had no idea that next week they were going to release v1.0 without anything being changed from the way it is right now....I could have sworn we were getting updates every two weeks that in some way improved the game.

Has anything that they have released so far had massive bug situations? It seems to me that any bugs that have happened have been pretty minor and have had a hotfix employed within a couple days.

Again, we have had MP for 6 weeks and yet you say it has been way too long since they did or didn't do something....SMH

I really wish some of you super programmer and super coders would get together and release your own sim..if everything is as easy as you guys make it sound your game will be amazing.

Again, we have had MP for 6 weeks and yet you say it has been way too long since they did or didn't do something....SMH
This is more then enough time to provide preliminary coding for slipstream. If anything we deserve it for constantly providing quality testing. You maybe have forgotten, but slipstream makes racing double the fun. Thrust me on this one.
I've not noticed slipstream in MP. It should be quite subtle though, I don't expect to receive a 10mph boost. Maybe 1-3 mph depending on how far back you are and what cars etc.
I persume guys out who are racing in midfield are less firm with their line, slipping and sliding more, giving far more chance for overtakes, perhaps to such point that you don't even miss slipstream.
Now, let me take you to situation where you and your opponent are within 0.3sec on pace. Perhaps he is a ice machine and is driving his line inch perfect for laps on without the end. You are sitting on 0.2-0.5sec behind him and yet he never ever flintches under pressure. When I am in 0.2sec gap to my fellow racer, I sure as hell have worked every fiber of my body for this pass and at that point supposed to have enough draft to pull along side. Yet, for 6 weeks we are racing like we are stuck in 2004s F1 season.
So now Michael when you have seen this situation, maybe you can lighten up with early access attitude and understand why this is leading first thread opener to frustrations and others.

So, you actively dislike every one of my posts, and then quote the most insignificant part of what I said?!
That was entirely besides the point.

For club and league races, the booking system works very very well. For public races not so much. All they need to do is make booking optional for password-less servers so that anyone on a public server can just join, and I believe that is what they're planning to implement soon, within the next update or so.

As @Michael Hornbuckle rightly said before, multiplayer really hasn't been out for very long, so for you to say that they're deliberately ignoring issues is completely incorrect.

Last edited:

You are so ungrateful, demanding, unreasonable and plain short-sighted, that Kunos shouldn't even want you as a customer. Instead of complaining, you should be happy they even allow such customers :).

Well maybe it'll become another "complain", but the one thing, that makes me a little confused is that Stefano Cassilo recently stated via Twitter that "damage will come with v1.0. Pitstop are not even on our list". Maybe as I am not a native english speaker I don't geht this right, but how should this be understood other than KUNOS is not thinking about pitstops at all? Well, maybe a little roadmap what Kunos has on their list would be helpful in that debate.

Well I think he means that it isn't on their list for 1.0, since he isn't native English either you can't be sure ;-). I think there might also be some confusion between an animated pitstop and a simple refueling and tire change without animations, reading trough what he said in the past that is.
I am sure it is on their list post 1.0 tho :).

Also, they already stated before that slipstreaming will be there in MP, just not implemented yet. Next update will be as I understand pretty much a whole new netcode client, so there is going to change a lot.

I'd rather have them improve the prediction code. Cars don't move realisticly at all now. A lot of small minor jumping.

With, for example, iRacing, you really have the feeling you're driving behind a proper real car when you're behind. You can see the suspenion moving, the car hitting bumps, getting out of shape.

First get the basics right, then start adding feautures.

Yes, I hope this is being worked on. All the fidelity that you see in single player replays is gone in MP.

As you say it can be done as iRacing manages to do it, the cars move perfectly.

Thread re-opened.
Please stay on-topic, and please refrain from personal insults.

That's the funniest thing Ive read in weeks, asking fanboys to refrain from insulting each other on the forum, :D:laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

EDIT:
Maybe Bram could organise an abuse thread, so all these hotheads can go there and vent their frustrations at each other, leaving the rest of us to discuss our hobby in a mature manner.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back