PC1 Let's give SMS a little credit here

pCARS is a good sim, with flaws admittedly (which are not hidden and are discussed all over the internet), but is more or less 100% feature complete unlike other recent releases such as AC, R3 and I believe RF2 was not feature complete when released (although stand to be corrected). Xbone flaws are a mystery to all WMD members as we had nothing to do with that version at all. I believe SMS should get some credit for being a small team and releasing a complex game across 3 platforms (unlike the others mentioned) and as I say more or less feature complete.

It's not to everyone's personal tastes but tell me what is?

you can't say the 24 hr experience is "FULLY ABSENT"
I just did didn't I? The 24 Hour experience is fully missing. What we have is the awesome Circuit de la Sarthe in all it's glory, a dated Audi LMP1, two fantasy LMP1 cars, two real LMP2 cars with again a bunch of fantasy cars and not a single official LMGTE car, no driver swaps to do an authentic 24 Hour simulation, no real-time features other than the weather, no car class selection to race with just Le Mans style cars. online drivers limited to 32, and you can't even set a timed race, only laps .

My current offline 24 Hours of Le Mans experience is a mixed experience. I am seeing a beautiful implemented day/night transition (and when I say beautiful I mean absolutely stunning) with ditto weather. I am racing my LMP1 under the dunlop bridge, watching the crowd go nuts and turn right onto the Mulsanne straight where the rain and fog are awaiting me in pitch darkness.

When I am reaching 320km/h I am overtaking a bunch of slower GT3 cars and then I overtake a Ford Focus RS or a similar car that shouldn't be on the track!

It doesn't mention driver swaps so why the beef on that?
It absolutely does in my opinion: "Project CARS will be the first racing game to properly simulate all the aspects that make the Le Mans 24 Hours one of the most challenging racing events in the world, "

Properly simulate means properly simulate. It's also not the first game as you can see here. When it's clearly not properly simulated don't advertise it like it is.

Like myself there are hundreds of thousands that haven't bought into WMD when they had the chance and we have all relied on the WMD portal's website, the Project CARS website, social media and some affiliated blogs and post's by members.

I just did didn't I? The 24 Hour experience is fully missing. What we have is the awesome Circuit de la Sarthe in all it's glory, a dated Audi LMP1, two fantasy LMP1 cars, two real LMP2 cars with again a bunch of fantasy cars and not a single official LMGT car, no driver swaps to do an authentic 24 Hour simulation, no real-time features other than the weather and you can't even set a timed race, only laps.

Ok so we have completely different takes on what Fully absent means, which in my book means no track, no cars, no nothing!

It's NOT fully absent at all. Considering the game does not have the WEC license, Porche license, ferrari license, chevrolet license, Toyota License.etc...how exactly did you expect it be the the full expereince? Which is what I'll concede, it's not the full experience, but it's not missing.

Ok so we have completely different takes on what Fully absent means, which in my book means no track, no cars, no nothing!

It's NOT fully absent at all. Considering the game does not have the WEC license, Porche license, ferrari license, chevrolet license, Toyota License.etc...how exactly did you expect it be the the full expereince? Which is what I'll concede, it's not the full experience, but it's not missing.

Do you not think this part is pretty damning, I never knew about this feature until now. If I had read that then I know what I would have expected and other than the track and a few cars this feature is not in the game.

'Project CARS will be the first racing game to properly simulate all the aspects that make the Le Mans 24 Hours one of the most challenging racing events in the world, as gamers will be given the chance to run the event in real-time, facing a full grid of 55 opponents on track.'

I see. We should have used our common sense and read between the lines. How stupid of us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's stupid, but yeah I don't do it. Look at wrinkle cream adverts, every year it's the best one, cleaning crap, every years the best one. Every artists album is the best one.

It's marketing. IMO marketing is by default 99% spin.

Will we ever see an album marketed thus:

Buy the brand new album from lady Madonalordestinchy strider, it's awesome, it's brilliant, but not as good as the second album, but defo better than the 5th.

Do you not think this part is pretty damning, I never knew about this feature until now. If I had read that then I know what I would have expected and other than the track and a few cars this feature is not in the game.

'Project CARS will be the first racing game to properly simulate all the aspects that make the Le Mans 24 Hours one of the most challenging racing events in the world, as gamers will be given the chance to run the event in real-time, facing a full grid of 55 opponents on track.'

That's the one line that is the worst in that statement, I 100% agree. Will never defend statements like that.

But the rest of the statement isn't "that" incorrect, worst of the rest is mentioning cars that are not in the game yet but planned.

Pretty far from "fully absent" as Bram stated though.

Ok, what percentage of marketing spin would you place Project Cars in? :rolleyes:

Going by the Le Mans statement it's not brilliant but not as bad as many are making out. It took a lot of liberties, that one section Lazarou picks out is also the one I noticed as being the most inaccurate. But without the full WEC and cars licenses how could it EVER be the FULL experience, the statement doesn't mention it has all those licenses which if SMS did have those you know for a fact they would have said so and not kept it secret. The rest of the statement isn't that untrue though.

The way I see it, they are not unique in promising things they can't deliver yet/ever especially in gaming, but I think the problem is that there is no clarification if any of this is coming or being fixed. People are rightly frustrated as the silence is deafening. Everyone, me included wants this game to be as good as it could be, but as yet non of us know if that will ever be the case, the fundamentals are there but will it be finished.

It was probably released too early even though they have missed many many release dates, which is a concern as this begs the question can they sort it?

It absolutely does in my opinion: "Project CARS will be the first racing game to properly simulate all the aspects that make the Le Mans 24 Hours one of the most challenging racing events in the world, "

Properly simulate means properly simulate. It's also not the first game as you can see here. When it's clearly not properly simulated don't advertise it like it is.

Like myself there are hundreds of thousands that haven't bought into WMD when they had the chance and we have all relied on the WMD portal's website, the Project CARS website, social media and some affiliated blogs and post's by members.
missed this
ok (ish)but it doesn't specifically state driver swaps does it. You are reading a lot into a marketing statement. Something I would never do, but I can understand your sentiments.

Funny thing I find with my discussions with you that you trigger me to come up with examples and when I do you still keep defending them even if you are completely wrong. Why is that?

I didn't brought this one example up, if needed I can dedicate a full frontpage article on missing features and cars if I really wanted, but you asked me for it.

Still we are being put down as a bunch of haters on this forum but so far you haven't convinced me with any example where I am not telling the truth. So instead of some hardcore WMD'ers and SMS staff calling those with an opinion haters, maybe have a good look in the mirror first.

This discussion would have been locked and the participants banned on the project cars forum for being disruptive and for that reason alone it's good that there is an independent forum here at RD (and not just for Pcars) where people can freely discuss both the good and the bad sides of a game.

The way I see it, they are not unique in promising things they can't deliver yet/ever especially in gaming, but I think the problem is that there is no clarification if any of this is coming or being fixed. People are rightly frustrated as the silence is deafening. Everyone, me included wants this game to be as good as it could be, but as yet non of us know if that will ever be the case, the fundamentals are there but will it be finished.

It was probably released too early even though they have missed many many release dates, which is a concern as this begs the question can they sort it?

Fair enough, I'm not spending much time with the game or over at WMD at the mo as I'm too much into other games (primarly Elite dangerous), but can fully understand people being narked off, I only question the wording of some complaints, criticisms etc etc.

I thought the whole point of the WMD systems was to enure the game was only released when ready, I think that all went to pot when Bandai/Namco got involved. Sadly anything with consoles will always bugger up things IMO. But I don't know the full ins and outs, maybe money was running out? I just don't know. Am I happy with the games release state? nope, but I'm a complete anal perfectionist and know nothing about game/softeware development!

Funny thing I find with my discussions with you that you trigger me to come up with examples and when I do you still keep defending them even if you are completely wrong. Why is that?

I didn't brought this one example up, if needed I can dedicate a full frontpage article on missing features and cars if I really wanted, but you asked me for it.

Still we are being put down as a bunch of haters on this forum but so far you haven't convinced me with any example where I am not telling the truth. So instead of some hardcore WMD'ers and SMS staff calling those with an opinion haters, maybe have a good look in the mirror first.

This discussion would have been locked and the participants banned on the project cars forum for being disruptive and for that reason alone it's good that there is an independent forum here at RD (and not just for Pcars) where people can freely discuss both the good and the bad sides of a game.

Once again, of course I'll defend it where I think your are WRONG. Saying the 24 hour experience is FULLY ABSENT is 100% wrong. There's just no way you can defend saying that Bram. Continue to defend THAT statement and I'll retract my offer of peace, because quite frankly you are talking crap again.

BTW have you addressed the picture I posted clearly showing a link to RD from Reiza's own pages. Which is the basis of my assumptions.

BTW have you addressed the picture I posted clearly showing a link to RD from Reiza's own pages. Which is the basis of my assumptions.
Then maybe extend your assumptions a bit more as RaceDepartment obvious has the same kind of links with Project CARS.
links.jpg

Maybe you should ask Reiza Studios if they can include some more links to other websites and forums as well if that makes you feel better?

Here are some more "links" we have with FSR and BTB
FSR Links.jpg

btb links.jpg

And to add some discussion to our links with people. This is what Google has to say about links to RaceDepartment. 359.878 more reasons for a conspiracy, guess this is going to be the longest thread in RD history :laugh:
and some more links.jpg

A few WMD investors (the lower ones anyway) have asked about some of the missing Le Mans features including driver swaps and they are being told it's now planned for Pcars 2. That's nice. :rolleyes:
That'l be another money spinner or some clever marketing.

So don't get your hopes up Bram. It won't be in DLC or patched in.:(

It looks to me like a large proportion of what is promised is actually in the game fluffed up with the usual marketing crap! (which every game/film/album does!)

Doesn't make it any more OK though, does it? And a film/album doesn't promise thing you don't get. You do get a movie, or an album, with whatever is on it. Here something have been advertised, and promised. And not shown up. That is a different thing.

And to be fair. A huge part of a 24hrs race, well, the whole thing in endurance racing is drivers sharing a car, driver swaps etc. When a totally crucial part of a 24hrs race isn't there, doesn't that mean that the 24hrs race experience is fully absent? You don't get a 24hrs race experience in the true meaning without driver swaps.

Then maybe extend your assumptions a bit more as RaceDepartment obvious has the same kind of links with Project CARS.
View attachment 94369

Maybe you should ask Reiza Studios if they can include some more links to other websites and forums as well if that makes you feel better?

Here are some more "links" we have with FSR and BTB
View attachment 94370

View attachment 94371

Fair enough, I will say that's just forums and not Support (apart from BTB, but that's not a sim game), once again I made an assumption that "support" implies a closer link, do you understand why I came to that conclusion?

All I'm doing is explaining how I came to my conclusion, backing it up with what I saw to make that conclusion.

If I spend much more time arguing here my missus has threatened to get a cattle prod to get my attention.....can we shake hands?

Doesn't make it any more OK though, does it? And a film/album doesn't promise thing you don't get. You do get a movie, or an album, with whatever is on it. Here something have been advertised, and promised. And not shown up. That is a different thing.

And to be fair. A huge part of a 24hrs race, well, the whole thing in endurance racing is drivers sharing a car, driver swaps etc. When a totally crucial part of a 24hrs race isn't there, doesn't that mean that the 24hrs race experience is fully absent? You don't get a 24hrs race experience in the true meaning without driver swaps.

I fully agree, was never defending it per se, just saying SMS shouldn't be singled out for it that's all.

You also don't get the full experience without the WEC license or Porsche or Ferrari, SMS could never delivery everything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back