1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Leo Bodnar - Website Broken?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Alex Ball, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Anyone know if he still exists?

Most of his website is broken at the moment. Typically, it's done it on the same day I want to order another BU0836X.

Anyone know if it'll be back?

2. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Yeah, the homepage works, but the rest doesnt. Oh well. Patience is a virtue, I suppose.

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I've sent three emails to Leo (using two different addresses as advised) now re my "faulty" G25 cable, and still no response. :frown:

He seems to be missing.

4. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Ah, I heard that he gets a lot of emails and doesn't reply too often anyway, so that's no huge surprise.

Oh well, thanks chaps :)

5. It is really hit or miss with him. I had contact with him at one point about buying controllers bulk. Then POOF, he never spoke again.

6. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

Tell me that this isn't a surprise. If this guy goes out, I'd not be surprise. While his products are seemingly good, his service is crap.

7. Well, I ordered an SLI-Pro last week, turned up today, so I think he may have just 'shut down' his website to catch up with pending orders or maybe just a server issue? but he seems to be sending out product still :)

8. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

Yeah, Sorry, forgot to respond to this, my board turned up today, so no problem :)

9. I have a BUO836 I could part with if anyone is really needy.

10. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

I think that pretty much covers it :)

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'd like a replacement for my faulty G25 Pedal adaptor cable, but I'm not ordering another one if he won't respond to customer fault reports. :frown:

12. Yes his customer service is a bit suspect, but we must remember he is a one man band serving hundreds of customers. Recieved my stuff this morning after the usual two week wait. Thats just how it is.

13. With Leo's website down, I can't find the pinout/schematic for his original Bodnar Box anymore -- I have one and I re-wired my TSW2 pedals (brake/throttle only) to use 2 of the axes. I left the third open for a possible clutch pedal upgrade, but I've decided I'd rather wire my wheel input to the Bodnar Box for the added precision there. Without the schematic/pinout, though, I'm dead in the water.

Any of you guys have the pinout/schematic images for the original Bodnar Box (not the newer cable model)?

:(

14. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

[​IMG]

15. From the iracing forums....

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/21533-BU0836X/page4

Re: BU0836X

Hello gents,

Earlier this week the guy who has been helping me with shipping orders has left so to avoid more frustration I have temporarily suspended the website. I am back on my own which is not easy as I am shipping 10-20 orders a day via website orders and I hate to have any backlog. Unfortunately over Christmas the backlog extended to up to two weeks on some products. As of today I have shipped all outstanding website orders and just need to finish a few racing sim jobs.

I just want to thank you all who support me via buying my little products and even by simply being interested. For the last three years I have been making a living from this hobby - all thanks to you.

For the time being you can still order anything you need from my website by adding underscore after the word "products" in the webpage address.

Cheers
    Leo

16. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Thanks for this information Nick.

I must say it is quite a relief to know that he hasn`t just given up, although it might if been better for him to put something on his front page to let everyone know that it`s only a temporary glitch or something.

Either way, again, thanks for letting us know here at RD. Now anyone that wants to order their Bodnar Bits can do so :)

17. Derek Speare

Derek Speare
    DSD FTW!

18. Hi guy's, same problem here.
    At the my cocpit forum there's a link where i can enter but for the SLI-PRo i find nothing

http://www.leobodnar.com/products_/BU0836X/ this one works fine here at my place for order buttons and encoders or the BU0836X, i tried it and arrived to paypal.

When i go to this site http://www.leobodnar.comli.com/ al goes good untill after selecting the SLI-PRo and the cables and push for order, then it stops, i cant finish my order and pay????

And i tried this "For the time being you can still order anything you need from my website by adding underscore after the word "products" in the webpage address." ???

Can somebody help me out with this one because here it doesnt work, maybe i missed something here.

Cheers, Heinz.

19. yeah you're right something wrong with the links

try this

http://www.leobodnar.com/products_/SLI-PRO/index.html

It worked for me I googled Leo Bodnar SLI pro

I ordered a load cell controller a while back from him, no communication but got here in 5 days.

All the links work if you place an underscore after "product" and "index.html" at the end, like in the link above.