Leo Bodnar SLI-F1 Display

So after stumbling on someone's post about Leo's new SLI device I put a project on hold and sent an email off into what I thought was the black hole of Internet email but imagine my surprise to see a response from Leo's team! Made me a bit giddy so I thought I'd share:

"Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your enquiry. Because of the large amount of interest with this new display, we are manufacturing quite a large number of these so we don’t run out within the first week We hopefully will have them available by the end of this month. We just need to get the software sorted finalized too.

Best Regards"

It's great to see Leo finally got some help! Communication has never been a strong point but his products were well worth it. I know where my birthday cash is going! XD

Tomas, I can tell you taht Desty's script support encoders - the latest out however since the new SLIMAX MGR , Desty have been working on a newer version .
not sure about SLI_FI display but rotary switches and encoders functions should be still the same. only display that change between SLI-PRO and SLI-F1

Upvote 0
And what about Desty scripts? Is it support SLI-F1 too? I mean using rotary encoders for changing fuel mix, tyres, and so on.. One guy told me, that Desty script doesn't support encoders. So, I'm little bit confused. Can any one tell me how's that? :) Thanks. :)

Destys Script just works with SLIMAX until V 2.2 .1
He is already busy to make a version for 2.2.3, i have seen a message on youtube from him yesterday , he claims its finished within the next weeks.

Upvote 0
I agree it is very expensive, over expensive for a toy wheel after all... But on the other hand, there aren't any proper alternatives, the guy with the cheap version couldn't even get the design right, with the actual technical drawings right there, leaves me to wonder if the rest is equally wrong as well!

I just hope Bodnar will soften the pain a little bit and will offer the first units at a discounted price to get sales rolling and to sort of apologize for the huge delay :p

@ Tomas_Prochy
Roso does ship his units with the SLI-Pro, think that is what makes his wheels so popular since it's almost plug and play :) How he handles his customers, well that's a different story!

Upvote 0
William Geuze: Okey, but it's still little bit confusing for me. I understood it, that Roso still sells it with SLI-PRO, but when SLI-F1 will be released, he will sell only with SLI-F1? Sorry for my questions, but my friend who has Roso wheel, sent me link on his website, where is the wheel with SLI-F1 and also offfer, that if you have different display he can assembly it for you.. But if I look on Roso web, nothing about SLI-F1 is there. So that's for me strange and confusing.

Upvote 0
I agree it is very expensive, over expensive for a toy wheel after all... But on the other hand, there aren't any proper alternatives, the guy with the cheap version couldn't even get the design right, with the actual technical drawings right there, leaves me to wonder if the rest is equally wrong as well!

I just hope Bodnar will soften the pain a little bit and will offer the first units at a discounted price to get sales rolling and to sort of apologize for the huge delay :p

Well honestly i dont think you know wich display i talk about since its NOWHERE announced or pictured anywhere. There isnt even a prototype ready. It will be finished within this december the Dev says and youll see its really F1 Style. You may ask Tom endres cause he is the only one i showed the drawings i get, he also get one of those build in his wheel as the first who get it. ;)

Upvote 0
You may ask Tom endres cause he is the only one i showed the drawings i get, he also get one of those build in his wheel as the first who get it. ;)

True, I'll post the first pictures once I got it.

Then again William Geuze, I didn't spread those pictures or even remotely talk about said unannounced display - may I ask where you got the drawings from and which display you're specifically referring to?

Upvote 0
Well honestly i dont think you know wich display i talk about since its NOWHERE announced or pictured anywhere. There isnt even a prototype ready. It will be finished within this december the Dev says and youll see its really F1 Style. You may ask Tom endres cause he is the only one i showed the drawings i get, he also get one of those build in his wheel as the first who get it. ;)
If you put it that way, no I clearly don't :D Of course you're free to send me details as a fellow builder, you know that ;)

The main points of interest for this unit then will be build quality, price, support, connection possibilities, and if it's actually a proper replica of the real deal :)

True, I'll post the first pictures once I got it.

Then again William Geuze, I didn't spread those pictures or even remotely talk about said unannounced display - may I ask where you got the drawings from and which display you're specifically referring to?
The drawings I'm referring to are technical drawings provided by McLaren electronics on their website for anyone to see. John from Bodnar explained those were the exact drawings they used to base the SLI-F1 off, so thats as close to the real unit as we can get. With the unanounced unit Modmate is speaking of, we can't tell/know yet how meticulous they have been. If they screw that part up however, I'll personally pass for my project.

@ Tomas
I understand the confusing lots better now. From what I know, and that's only what I picked up, is that Roso no longer ships wheels with an Sli-Pro, but a locally made display unit. This allowed him to do some changes (placement of warning signal leds) and to reduce pricing. The display on his website is not the Bodnar Sli-F1 and he doesn't say he is offering them either ;)

Upvote 0
If you put it that way, no I clearly don't :D Of course you're free to send me details as a fellow builder, you know that ;)

The main points of interest for this unit then will be build quality, price, support, connection possibilities, and if it's actually a proper replica of the real deal :)

The drawings I'm referring to are technical drawings provided by McLaren electronics on their website for anyone to see. John from Bodnar explained those were the exact drawings they used to base the SLI-F1 off, so thats as close to the real unit as we can get. With the unanounced unit Modmate is speaking of, we can't tell/know yet how meticulous they have been. If they screw that part up however, I'll personally pass for my project.

Well you said before:

the guy with the cheap version couldn't even get the design right, with the actual technical drawings right there, leaves me to wonder if the rest is equally wrong as well!

Wich means you know the display and also the guy. Now you refer to mclaren drawings..That make no sense.

Also im not the display builder just the guy close to the one who is.

Upvote 0
We misunderstood each other that much is clear :)

Quite a while back you pointed out you found a cheaper display to me and I figured you were still talking about the same display. That did lack in the areas I mentioned above, quite clearly when you look at the McLaren drawings. Also, to clarify, McLaren Electronics is the manufacturer of the homogenated PCU-6D for use primarily in Formula 1. So yes, if your guy stuck to these drawings properly, which you would expect when replicating this unit in the first place, obviously I'm interested a lot!

If you're close to the guy you can probably pry some more info off of him :p

Upvote 0
Okey I see know. So the best way is to comunicate with Roso and talk to him. I wanna wait for a while, because I'm thinking about SLI-PRO display with Roso Wheel, but it means to buy it by my own and then send it to Roso for completing the wheel. Things start to be more complicated :-D

Upvote 0
We misunderstood each other that much is clear :)

Quite a while back you pointed out you found a cheaper display to me and I figured you were still talking about the same display. That did lack in the areas I mentioned above, quite clearly when you look at the McLaren drawings. Also, to clarify, McLaren Electronics is the manufacturer of the homogenated PCU-6D for use primarily in Formula 1. So yes, if your guy stuck to these drawings properly, which you would expect when replicating this unit in the first place, obviously I'm interested a lot!

If you're close to the guy you can probably pry some more info off of him :p

edit:
This display is what I was reffering to as not my cup of tea
http://www.simdisplay.net/komponenta/SimRaceClassic

Well, yes that display wasnt the real deal ( i also take it off my mod service)thats why i said :
a not yet announced display wich will be MUCH cheaper then bodnars.:)
As for the original thing, im not 100% sure if even bodnar is allowed to build a 1:1 replica out of the original plans. Im pretty sure the F1 style display is made from scratch but look a like, and thats what my mate does also. I promise you will be impressed with the upcoming display as there will be many out there prefer it just because of the price. Dont get me wrong i mainly build in Bodnar displays in my mod and love them but now leo is going the wrong way , thats my personal thought .

Just think about what 400$ for the sliF1 will do to the price of a zroso wheel or my t500 mod service at th end? It would be not just expensive like usual simracin hardware it would be really over the top.

Upvote 0
Yeah I read you did stop offering those.

I bet he doesn't have a license for sure, but when those drawings are there for everybody to see, he can just build a copy, for a different market, involving small numbers. So he might just get away with it. If the case isn't up to scratch, I'll see if I can build my own to proper specs and fit the Sli-F1 in there myself :)

I agree, especially on the T500, after 400 you're still stuck with a plastic molded toy wheel which you have to modify even further to have all buttons working properly........

That's why it is kind of smart from roso to be offering his current display now. Looks kinda similar, and cheaper.

Too bad I'm such a picky bastard...

Upvote 0
Yeah I read you did stop offering those.

I bet he doesn't have a license for sure, but when those drawings are there for everybody to see, he can just build a copy, for a different market, involving small numbers. So he might just get away with it. If the case isn't up to scratch, I'll see if I can build my own to proper specs and fit the Sli-F1 in there myself :)

I agree, especially on the T500, after 400 you're still stuck with a plastic molded toy wheel which you have to modify even further to have all buttons working properly........

That's why it is kind of smart from roso to be offering his current display now. Looks kinda similar, and cheaper.

Too bad I'm such a picky bastard...

While the t500rs isnt a toywheel, why do you think most simgame staff members and founders use it?

Upvote 0
You should know what I mean ;) All we do is just play with our toys, they just get more expensive as we grow up ;)

And yes, without modification, I think the F1 rim looks like a plastic flimsy toy, and that is too bad for a wheel that looks like it set a new standard. This is my personal opinion, and off topic :p

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back