Leo Bodnar Shift Lights and controllers

Brian Clancy

Premium
This is the place for all things 'Leo Bodnar'

sli-m.png

I sent him an email, although apparently he isn't renowned for his quick replies...

It's just that it would be that much harder to mount with the rotary encoders than without.

Given that, does anyone have a plan for a backplate or similar, for a g27?

Upvote 0
I'm guessing that it does require all of that jazz, just looking at the config software :(

I therefore appeal-if someone has an SLI-PRO setup that they feel they can part company with, I have a paypal account, and it has money it it :)

Upvote 0
Until there is a Classifieds section, i would like to post in here.

I have for sale a Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 from LeoBodnar. I do not need another anymore. It is in perfect condition. I will do $35 shipped to anywhere US. That is $10 savings and no waiting for Bodnar. My email is evan.madore@gmail.com . Would love to get rid of this within the next week for some extra spending money on vacation.

http://leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/

Upvote 0
Just bought an SLI-PRO :D

What kinds of shift light sequences are there out there? I know there is straight across, colours across, centre out, sides in-what do you use?

Also, is there a template for a mount to a G27?

Upvote 0
Bit of a bump, but just letting you guys know that Leo takes around 8 business days to process orders at the moment-so if you're looking to buy from him, don't be worried by a lack of contact for a couple of days.

Upvote 0
Total newb question but how does this work, what does it need to connect to i.e I've seen alot of people mounting it on the wheel I would want mine on the edge of the cockpit (like redbull in f1) is this easily possibly or does it need to be close to the wheel?

Upvote 0
Lee, that's what I did before I got it mounted to my wheel. I had made a cover for it out of black 3mm PVC then just mounted it underneath my center monitor. Then just used a mini USB which plugs into the side of the SLI PRO. There is also an alternate USB plug on the back of the SLI PRO and the four different plugs that you need to connect buttons, switches, extra LEDs and alternate USB is sold on Leo Bodnar's site. :)

Upvote 0
Awesome thanks, info will be useful. Do you mind me asking why you swapped? From my point of view I want a static rev counter and readout otherwise its difficult to read when steering.

Upvote 0
Well my main reason to place the SLI PRO on my wheel was that was my plan from the very beginning. Not very good with soldering and wiring so went the easy way and placed it under my monitor. And the way that my cockpit was setup before it was very similar to what you talked about being something like the RedBull F1.

Just after a few days of practicing with my new setup on the wheel. http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/37733-my-new-f1-gt-wheels.html It doesn't make it too difficult to glance down and see where I'm at with fuel, laptimes, etc. If your plans Lee, are to have buttons and switches like in F1, you can do it either way. Guess it just comes down to preference. Only thing with having the display right in front me on the wheel was that I had to turn down the brightness as I was getting blinded by the rev lights! haha :tongue: Other than that absolutely love it!

Upvote 0
My Sli-Pro should be getting shipped on Monday. Does anyone have a template for the pro? I would like to get the perspex drilled and cut this weekend.

If I had a scanner I would go ahead and post my template that I used. I've seen some on the EKSimracing forums. Here's the closest one I could find but the Rev Lights are not individually on it. http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.0 Somewhere on the forums there too are measurements of the SLI PRO. If I can somehow get the template here on RD I'll let you guys know.

Upvote 0
If I had a scanner I would go ahead and post my template that I used. I've seen some on the EKSimracing forums. Here's the closest one I could find but the Rev Lights are not individually on it. http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.0 Somewhere on the forums there too are measurements of the SLI PRO. If I can somehow get the template here on RD I'll let you guys know.

Thanks, that's the only one I can find as well. There is a great one of the Sli-M with individual holes for all the LED's.

Edit: Found it! http://www.eksimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=306.0

Upvote 0
Awesome thanks, info will be useful. Do you mind me asking why you swapped? From my point of view I want a static rev counter and readout otherwise its difficult to read when steering.

I will be selling a few of these soon Lee, PM me if your intrested, fully built and totally plug n play, just plug a USB cable in and run the software!

IMAG0064.jpg The unit includes Revcounter, digital speedo, large gear indicator, TWO programable shift lights! all made by hand and fully assembled to a very high standard. Basicaly everything you see in pic and vid! all done for you! Still messing with pricing/costing but about £200-£225 (To RDer's ONLY) Beleive me, when I say thats cheap inc the tach and all the electronics, I'm not making much lol!

Upvote 0
The template on EK is a couple of mm out. :(

Much kudos to the person who could generate an sli-pro g27 template for me that:

has the display above the hub of the wheel
space on the bottom left and right of the hub for a rotary encoder

Seems fairly simple-of course, there is the capacity for the design to be modified depending on the user's requirements, which makes things very easy indeed.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back