Leo Bodnar releasing a Wheel

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Faints.....gets up and faints again.

ffbmotor.jpg

Also this looks similar

Here is what Leo said on iRacing forums

This is the business end of my humble test system at home. I think we can finally have this on the market this year.
Bummer, I hate hijacking threads, Sorry!

Save your pennies ladies n gents. :cool:

We have the price of the wheel, 3700$.

CST Todds Cannon will produce the item. Topic Iracing :

"So, here's the best force feedback wheel in the world!

This is Leo Bodnar's direct-drive force feedback wheel. It uses a 480 watt 48 volt servo motor capable of providing up to 15nm of torque (which I have absolutely no intention of testing the limits of).

The wheel features 16 bit resolution and the FFB effects themselves are sampled and updated at 100,000 per second. The wheel can produce up to 8 simultaneous forces.

The feedback itself is, well, um, incredible is a word that's thrown around. And it's not really the word I should use here because it's nowhere near an accurate description for how INSANELY brilliant the forces are.

There's a point when you're driving with this wheel that you totally forget that it's there. It's just so seamless.

I'll do a proper review after I've calmed down a bit...

Yeah Cary, I get that a lot and I don't mind asking questions and emails The price is around 2,400 UK Pounds ($3,700USD)

Todd, this unit is at the moment a very limited run. It's primarily used by F1, GP2, Formula Renault teams for testing due to the massive torque and incredible accuracy it's capable of.

As we get ourselves closer to where we're happy, CST will definitely be producing a wheel.

But the important thing is we're not going to rush it (or shifters, or anything else we've got on the bubble) just because another company is about to put out a product. The best hardware in the world is made over time and LOTS of testing and sleepless nights and isn't released until it's perfect."

There is screenshots but only for Iracing drivers...

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1815855.page

Upvote 0
The price is high but by curiosity looks in EBAY the price of a combo Servomotor, servodrive with 20Nm max torque and you will see that the price of this industrial material is insane.

And his spec is far more good than Frex or ECCI7000...

Upvote 0
Between Leo's knowledge and everything he's putting into the thing i have no doubts itll be insane im just bummed that it will pretty much be out of my hands for years. I guess when he took on the challenge for the wheel he decided to go all out, which you cant really blame him for lol. I'd only expect to see these in commercially operated simulators mostly. Gotta get back to the track and keep practicing hoping someday someone will sponsor me with one of those because im pretty sure thats the only way I'd get my hands on one in a LONG time haha

Upvote 0
This type of wheel i think would be the logical step for me.

I was so psyched about the CSW then i realized it might just not justify the price over the T500 in terms of feel and only feel.

This however seems like a more natural stepping stone as i started with gears - Momo force & G25, then the helical gears - G27, then belt driven - GT3RSV2 and now i guess you can call it semi-advanced belt driven T500.

direct drive or whatever the term is seems like the way to go.

So to the point of the post, what is the latest regarding this? I could not access the Todd Cannon link.

Upvote 0
I don't really see the point for Leo to market this wheel to home simracers. There is simply so very little people who can afford this wheel it's almost a waste of effort and time which he would rather spend catering to professional customers. Atleast, this would make sense.

Aside from that, after Niels' little review, unless you are a user of rFactor Pro* or RacerPro, I don't think you will benefit a whole lot from purchasing this at all. About the price, no surprise there. I'd almost say for such a wheel, it's not even that expensive, but I'm no expert in that field ;)

Nice if you can afford it, but bolted to your desk or static cheap rig, it's like driving a ferrari on an indoor go-cart track if you ask me.

Even if the professionals who are using the wheel in combination with the RealFeal plugin, rFactorPro probably does way more with physics under the hood which are used by the plugin to process the steering input and output.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why this thread, even, exists! this is a thread about a 3700$:confused: steering wheel ,really?
Wait untill you try it buddy. I had the honour of visiting their office at Silverstone last weekend and I could try it for a few hours.

Gotta say, it runs circles around any Fanatec, Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel that was ever made.

Whether it's "worth" it, that's up to you. If you really want the best of the best, yes it is. If you're fine with a simple Thrustmaster or Logitech wheel, probably not.

Upvote 0
Hi all, if you're an owner of a leo bodnar wheel, and are successfully running it in rfactor2 would very much like to know the procedure, any adjustments made to get it to respond accordingly. I'm experiencing very high stiffness/forces ect upon entering the game. Have made numerous adjustments both in and out of game.

Sim steering have also responded to my situation with a solution but still not effective ie: "Other spring coefficient" in the controller ini file , This should be set to "0". done that and still experiencing excessive forces.

appreciate your feedback.

Vito

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline