rF2 Legends Cars @ Silverstone National - Monday January 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Looked all so bright before the races...

Q: 4th

Race: Took it easy in the first lap so Keith took my place. After some laps i was nicely settled in 5th i believe. Then Keith and a other collided in Sector 2. Caught me by surprise and sended me in a big drift. Almost got it when Adam couldnt avoid me anymore and slammed me hard. Lost wheel and engine there. I hate DNF's

Q: 4th again.

Start was oke. Got oke off the line settled behind Martin on the inside but suddenly closed in on him fast. Couldnt avoid a little lap. He almost managed to save it i think, but he got another tap by another car spinning him totally. Couldnt avoid him and got hit by another car and spun. Steering was broken with a 90 degrees to the left steering wheel. Wich was a horror lol. Rest of the race i followed Sami to P8.

Great cars and great for close racing. Hope i soon break these stupid no luck bubble. Starting to annoy me. :)

Thanks a lot for popping my racing club cherry lads, you all did a fine job :p

I however, didn't do well in the first race. Q8 I think, and lost it quickly in the race, ended up spinning out three or four times? I ran out of talent I guess.

Second race had lots of surprises with the big smash after t1 right at the start, which left me in 5th or 6th place I think, and had a continous lovely battle with Sheldon for the rest of the race.

Never driven these cars downloaded 30 mins before qually! When i did my first lap i thought about not racing because they had so much off throttle oversteer!!! After talking to a few guys in the server about setup direction (thanks guys;p) i got in the groove!

First qual 3rd which i was suprised about and less than a tenth split front 4 drivers!.
Race start the car bogged down and i lost 3 positions! I then started to fight back and was battling hard with kelvin vanderlinde... This went on all race with kris sat behind watching and waiting, then i made a mistake on the last lap last turn and had to crank on a full load of lock to avoid a spin, kris got by so p4!!

Q2 got p2 .0042 behind teemu!
Race start this time i kept her pinned and lit the tyres off the line and got ahead of teemu into turn 1... We spent 90% of the race changing position and battling hard... Guess who was behind waiting to pounce... Yep kris again!! This time i made no mistakes and brought the car home in p2 teemu was too fast to catch and pass!.
Fun night and thanks to all drivers who turned up to race and thx to admins for putting on a great little race with a fun mod!.

Ben

Had great fun tonight, even though I didn't do that well.

R1: Decent time to take 12th. Made a superb start overtaking a couple of guys before turn 1. Settled into a nice grove as others struggled before finding myself in a great battle with Keith, Sheldon, and Ivo. The three of them started to pull away slowly until Ivo spun at Brooklands. I tried turning hard left to avoid as going right would of caused me to spin at such short notice and clipped the front of Ivo's car, sending me into a spin. Turns out it was the car behind me who hit you hard in the side Ivo so apologies for getting that wrong, although my hit felt hard as well, just not as hard as that one. Got going but suspension was knackered, eventually caught up to Keith, and Kelvin who must of had issues, as well as Martin who did a spectacular flip across the front of my car into Brooklands which sent me into a pirouette. No real time lost for me during car gymnastics and I was able to finish 7th.

R2: Poor start this time but held my position but clipped a car out of turn 1 that was spinning and around I went. Couldn't see that car due to the cars in front and by the time I did, it was too late so suspension damage again. Tried to repair it manually down the back straight but that led to a puncture and the suspension forcing the car the other way. Made a pitstop and came out tried fixing it again as I was miles off everyone and going slower than a snail with severely reduced acceleration and top speed. Got right out of the way of people lapping me and eventually rolled over the line in 13th.

Thanks guys for a great event. See you next time :)

Love these cars so much.

I`ve not raced online in these beasts for a good few years.

Race 1 Qual got me 6th-ish and i completely ruined the start. Didnt realise you could actually bog down in these lol. Now i know.
Managed to stay clean and got past most people through them making mistakes or going off.
Played most the race behind Ben and Kelvin as they battled for second. I thought, if i keep distracting them and just wait, i`ll gain 1 or 2 spots here lol.
Sure enough, poor old Ben gassed it too early i think and his rear end slid out, i got a good run out and just pipped him to the line..... very close!

Race 2 qual got me 6th and this time i got an ok start. Managed to avoid T1 madness and made it into 3rd. Which is where i stayed all race.
Managed to pull out infront of 4th place and stick with the leaders, Ben and Teemu, but they were just too quick to get any closer than a second or two.

Loved it so so much after a few disappointing WTM club races, this really got me going again :)

Hope to see some more Legend races, and even a league!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back