F1 2013 Legend pace on worn tires

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey there, I'm struggling for pace on worn tires on the legend difficulty. I recently completed my first 100% season in career with no assists, and landed a drive with Ferrari. I did expert last season so I could potentially run for podiums in the Sauber. My first race this season I won pretty handily, good tire wear, won pole by five tenths, and finished 20 seconds ahead. My three worst tracks in this game are probably Malaysia, China, and Bahrain. I'm not sure if it's me or the car, but my tire wear at these tracks is pretty terrible, even if I look after the tires. It's always the front tires that go first. I don't struggle too terribly driving the car when tires are worn, but my pace isn't very good. With green tires, I can run away from the field, not skidding the tires, but around five to seven laps later, there's quite a nice train behind me at these tracks. I'll turn my fastest laps on a set of tires within the first four laps, then pretty much stabilize that time. The AI however seem to not show tire wear, as they pick up like a tenth or two every lap. I'm not sure that tires ripen with age. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does someone have some pointers on driving with worn tires? Maybe someone can confirm that these tracks are awful? Do I have the wrong setup? Thanks for reading.

Hey there, I'm struggling for pace on worn tires on the legend difficulty. I recently completed my first 100% season in career with no assists, and landed a drive with Ferrari. I did expert last season so I could potentially run for podiums in the Sauber. My first race this season I won pretty handily, good tire wear, won pole by five tenths, and finished 20 seconds ahead. My three worst tracks in this game are probably Malaysia, China, and Bahrain. I'm not sure if it's me or the car, but my tire wear at these tracks is pretty terrible, even if I look after the tires. It's always the front tires that go first. I don't struggle too terribly driving the car when tires are worn, but my pace isn't very good. With green tires, I can run away from the field, not skidding the tires, but around five to seven laps later, there's quite a nice train behind me at these tracks. I'll turn my fastest laps on a set of tires within the first four laps, then pretty much stabilize that time. The AI however seem to not show tire wear, as they pick up like a tenth or two every lap. I'm not sure that tires ripen with age. Is anyone else having this problem? Or does someone have some pointers on driving with worn tires? Maybe someone can confirm that these tracks are awful? Do I have the wrong setup? Thanks for reading.
Its one of the biggest problems with this game. There isn't any setup which helps tyre wear.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%