F1 2011 legal Overtake or not?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
You cut the top of Eau Rouge which gave you a speed advantage, so perhaps didn't deserve to be there in the first place....Difficult to judge because you can't see enough, but you did move over quite early when you could have stayed on the right.

If you're talking about when you exit the pits, you look to be giving him enough room.

At the point of the overtake. He allows the cut because he has most of the assists on and I don't have any. I don't think I pushed him off though he says I did. I am trying not to be biased so I will say after I made the overtake I saw him in the grass a bit.

I don't fully understand why having assists on or not makes a cut ok? It's your choice to run with or without assists!

I think you moved back onto the racing line too quickly, you can still see his proximity arrow to your left suggesting he was still there

The overtake seemed fine, you just may have not completely cleared him when you moved back to the racing line. However, if the penalty system were accurate you would have a drive-through penalty for cutting Eau Rouge like that.

Shades of Hamilton Kobayashi at Spa.
In my viiew you had track position and had made the pass stick. You moved back onto the racing lins sure but not suddenlly.
The overtaken driver should have allowed you room the corner was yours.
However you got the run on him with a corner cut at Eau Rouge so that part is debateable.
Co Op is great fun.

Somewhat similar scenario in Canada race (red bull/Helmut Marko free though) the link below where myself as the overtaken driver did not back off and suffered. Still I have to acknowledge that the corner was Dylans.
(i was FigjamRACER in the vid).
Keep it up.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...nd-career-with-commentary.44846/#post-1009743

I am with the last 2 posters. The pass was clean, you had track position (just), the corner was yours, he should have backed out of it, the position was already lost. Not quite so easy with all that spray in his face, that might have disorientated him a little bit, and so he may have lost sight of the edge of the track and touched the grass.

As stated by others, the whole move was essentially illegal because of the extra speed gain when cutting Eau Rouge, I think the stewards would have had you for that one. :)

Oh, sorry. It's hard to tell, it doesn't look like you made contact with him in the mirror, i.e there is no shown visual contact, but the way his car moved onto the grass kind of looks like there was contact. If there were any contact there that pushed him onto the grass on a straight, I think in the FIA F1 regulations, if you force a car onto the grass on a straight by making contact, it is seen as an illegal overtake, as it could put the driver in danger, in real life.
Also bare in mind, in some lobbies, the connection isn't the best, so the cars may be in different positions on the players screen. It has happened with my friend and myself before. When we both sent each others footage to each other, we saw two different incidents,one when he, on my screen cut my up and consequently I went into the barrier, and on the other just, I suddenly lost my front wing and spun off into the barrier on a straight

Well like others have said you gained an unfair advantage when you cut Eau Rouge, but if we were to ignore that, it's difficult to decide who gets the blame. You cut across him, but even if you didn't, you would have been well ahead going into the next corner. So even though you caused a collision, he wouldn't have caught you since you had DRS. I assume the real life stewards would judge that based on result (for example Vettel forced Button off the track in Japan, but since there was no collision, there was no penalty). Maybe if you sent him into the wall, it would be illegal. You had track position and were widening the gap to him.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%