Left foot or right foot braking? (thumb brakers, yall just move along...)

I started racing NR2003 and those brain numbing ovals. :eek:

As such I only used my right foot for gas and braking. I have found it almost impossible to adapt to using my left foot for anything but to shoo the cat away. <insert Old Dog New Tricks Joke here>:cool:

Anybody got any input on the subject?

Rich

I'm a left foot braker too, but then that is how most Rally drivers do it. it's almost essential in Rally cars.

Rich, it's just a matter of practice, but be careful not to overdo it, it can result in a lot of rear end losing spins if you hold the brake at the wrong time.

I use my right foot for braking, I used left before, but learned how to use right as it's essential when driving a car irl. And you know what, it wasn't easy for everyone at driving school using their right foot to brake, but it was no problem for me then:) In road racing you can do setups and can learn the track, so you don't really need it anywhere, in rally I prefer lift-off oversteer:)

I almost exclusively use my left, because my 1st wheel was without clutch so thats how i got use to drive. But often, i switch to right foot in emergency, when i have to dump the clutch for a moment. Braking with left gives you more control over weight transfer, which is the most essential ingredient for keeping the car in check while cornering & braking. I,m not saying that is better, just easier a bit.
Everything is just practice, even if you never used your left foot Rich. :)

I can definitely see where the left foot would work better at turn in thru to the apex. You guys should see the rt foot tapdance I do when I find my self pushing in a corner.:cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back