F1 2011 Learning

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to mod helmets and car skins?

All I have managed so far is opening the file with PSSG editor......no idea what to do next :(

If I can learn I will want to upload lots of paints for others to use.

I cant give you much detail, but once you have opened the file with the PSSG editor and you are looking at the correct graphics, you have to export it as a DDS. Once you have done that, you will need to get a DDS plug-in for whatever editing software you are using - say photoshop.
Once you have the DDS plug-in, you can open the exported DDS and do your modding.
Then when you are happy with the mod, save the file as a DDS using the same name, and then use the PSSG editor to import your new DDS back into the PSSG.
Save the modded PSSG file, and then drop it back into the F1 root.

You will also have to do this for low res also.

Sorry I cant be specific as it was a while ago I was playing around skinning cars in Dirt3 - but I hope this gives you some food for thought until an expert can add some more details.

These vids are pretty close as Dirt series and F1 series use pretty much the same skinning methods.

There will be some minor differences, but it is pretty close.

Photoshop is pretty costly but I'm pretty sure there are free/shareware alternatives out there. I can't think of the names of them off the top of my head bit I'm sure a google would sort you out. As long as they accept the nvidia DDS plugin you should be good to go.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back