F1 2010 Learning Curve (Advice Requested)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
What is the best method to become a good driver on true sim settings?

Time trials or races?
Start with assists on and then turn off when you reach a high standard?

Seem to be a very average player can hit a 1.25.650 in TT around Melbourne due to playing the track over and over again but this is with Traction control and ABS.

Thanks in anticipation

I am assuming you accelerate with the analog sticks..
Well on 1st gear, its normal to get extra wheelspin and hence lose control..
Tyre punctures are random in the game, and the pit does have issue, usually, i would suggest you either make an early stop or a late on to avoid pit traffic..
and to make the game interesting you should slowly try to get rid of the assists.. you will be getting a different thrill overall..

Thanks Fahad for the advice!

I assigned it to one of the button. I did tried before using the analog stick but does not get the right feel. Guess I have to play around with it more and do lots of practise. As the saying goes, "Practise makes perfect!".

The tyre puntures I got at times are just unrealistic. One time I just did my pit stop and changed all tyres but when I drive out on the 1st corner, I pick up a puntured already. Really get on my nerve.

The AI don't seems to suffer from any of this at all.

I still enjoy playing the game though & am determine to get to a level where I can be good without any assist.

I think I would have to invest in a good wheel. Am thinking of getting the Logitech G27. Any advice?

Thanks Fahad for the advice!

I assigned it to one of the button. I did tried before using the analog stick but does not get the right feel. Guess I have to play around with it more and do lots of practise. As the saying goes, "Practise makes perfect!".

The tyre puntures I got at times are just unrealistic. One time I just did my pit stop and changed all tyres but when I drive out on the 1st corner, I pick up a puntured already. Really get on my nerve.

The AI don't seems to suffer from any of this at all.

I still enjoy playing the game though & am determine to get to a level where I can be good without any assist.

I think I would have to invest in a good wheel. Am thinking of getting the Logitech G27. Any advice?

hi,
I have the g27 and I can tell you is fantastic,
I had to do a bit of practice and understand how to configure it correctly, but driving with the g27 is a whole other story.

generally run with only the dynamic line as the only help because I can hardly remember the braking points and the correct placement on some curves, I'm in the second season of career mode, but next season I will do without dynamic line, and finally I'll do a pro level season

Since I posted this i've kept assists on but pretended they're off. Ensuring i take all the control I would if they are off, steadily accelerating etc. Last night I made the changed and found it a lot easier than the last time I tried due to the fact i'd been preparing for it. Now i'll keep assists off.

Some people will not understand the benefit of doing such but it genuinely helped me.

please lets not discuss TT.. fake is a good word for TT..
and everything is not almost perfect.. infact its beyond perfect..

@Rob Buttler - well glad that ur method helped you, its a pretty interesting way to get used without driving assist.. but how would know if u were actually throttling too hard?? as you dont spin ur read end..

Last night I tried practise run in a Grand Prix mode with the throttle mapped to my right analog stick but was just not comfortable with it. The feel is just not there. I really have to get the G27 wheel! Just a shame as mentioned before I cannot use my old Formula Force wheel (RED).

I want to race as close to real life racing as possible without all the assist but am still learning. So I will slowly progressed with some assist till I am comfortable. Hopefully by the time I completed the whole season, I'll have all the assist off. :)

I think all the advice on here has been excellent and in particulr the starting out without any of the assists. Like others have mentioned if you start off with assists you just have to re-learn so much when you eventually take the plunge.

Regarding the TT comments. I understand some of what has been said but have to say that I do enjoy the TT aspect of F1 2010 and hope it will remain in 2011. Yes it is very different from the other forms of the game and you do have a bit of a 'WHOA!!' moment when you go back to GP's or Career mode and suddenly find you are so much slower and find the car handling quite differently. However, it shouldn't be disregarded and has a very valid place in the game. The TT competition on this forum is brilliant and would advise anyone to give it a go.

For sure Peter TT doe's have a place and is great fun especially with the TT crew at it tooth and nail. I think most people disagree to use TT as a comparison to the actual career mode as most people quite rightly so jump in too GP (I did) and TT then get a real shock when they go to career and start to compare and think ' hang on ' and get confused I know I did :D

And I agree the advice is excellent here and very polite also varied view's and opinion's, so you can make well informed choice's about how you will play and the possible outcome's. I liked it so much I stayed lol :D

yeah even though i have negative comments abt TT, i too took part at the TT competition for 9 Consecutive weeks.. it was great.. but i wasn't doing much of career then...
but like everyone mentioned, please have a emergency unit on standby once you switch from TT to career mode..

@David - how is online racing going on?? so freaking unstable right now..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.8%