1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU League Preferences? Have Your Say!

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Formula 3

2. V8 Stock Cars

3. Metalmoro MR18

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hello all,

I am in the very early stages of preparing a new league, hopefully to run in April/May. I make no promises whatsoever, this is simply a thread so I can see what sort of thing people want to race next.

We've done Formula Vees in RDFVC S1, and we've just finished Mini Challenge in the RDMCC S8. I am sure I can run future seasons of those later in the year, or 2016, if everything falls into place.

So, what would you like to see a league of? Anyone can vote - if we run the league, it will be broadcast, so you can vote on what you'd most like to watch, as well as race. And just to reiterate because I know there'll be one person who says something anyway, this is not a promise of a league, just a feeler. I've narrowed it down to 3.

Thanks!

2. F3s for me, the last RD league in those was a veeeery long time ago

3. Fab #28

Fab #28
    Powerboat racing in-shore driver #28 Premium Member

I dont like too much open wheel so that I vote for anyrthing else............I suggest to consider GT3 with some rules which for example force to drive all cars during the season so that it could be more interesting............my 2 cents.

4. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium Member

I would prefer v8 stock car or MR18 :)

5. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium Member

It it possible for a mixed class?
    GT3 vs Metalmoro

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I think the GT3 and Metalmoro are too close speedwise

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

GT using the Blancpain BES mod.

8. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

That was my thought before, but after the release, I'm not so sure! Haven't compared laptimes yet but they seem fast enough! Also, the Metalmoro would be faster if we do 90 minute races, which is, coincidentally, my vote.

Metalmoro (possibly with some added power ;)) vs GT3 in 90 minute races!
    I voted for the stockcars though, because that's my favorite amongst your shortlist.
    Also, preferably on sunday, thursday or wednesday! Although that may not be in your hands.

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I'll be sure to do some testing on the GT and Metalmoro then, just to cover all the options.

10. I'd do a GT3 league when Patriot gets his GT3 mod done which is a thousand times better than the current Blancpain Mod.

11. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

When it is done, please let me know :thumbsup:

12. Queequeg

Queequeg
    Premium Member

I voted V8s, but the Metalmoro is a very close second for me. Maybe we can do some multiclass? Metalmoro/ V8s and something slower like the Mini?

13. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium Member

If the speed differential is far apart from each other between both cars, then that would be really kool!
    I'd prefer to use stock content when it comes to the cars. If I could remember, when RD goes premium including improvements and various additions, then members will be able to host and organize their own events (clubs/leagues)? Then we could run modded cars in leagues. But if we could only have one organized league per every two to three months, then impo, we should run stock reiza cars because they are that good, we don't get to use then often in leagues (someone said "when was the last time we used the F3's), and we could represent reiza cars in the leagues.:thumbsup:
    I voted V8. I just hope I'm able to make these events

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

I'm good for any one of these cars, but I voted V8's because these cars tend to give the best back-and-forth racing action.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Metalmoros are like 3, 4 or even 5 seconds faster than the V8s. This would be the ideal Multiclass.
    2 of the best Simracecars ou there.

I would be in for that, if of course, the Leagues is to run on Weekends. Weekdays are no show for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I hope to run it on Saturdays.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Queequeg

Queequeg
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

18. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I do like the idea, I have to admit. But it would require testing in some club events first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tal

Tal
    Premium Member

don't make threats now

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

Just compared the V8's and the MR18 on Queensland. I was doing upshifts when the first yellow/orange light on the in-game steeringwheel popped up, as you would do in endurance racing. I managed a freakishly perfect 4,00 second gap. I suppose it would be more with more practice and a better setup in the MR18. Did 5 laps with the base setup for that result but I was using a modified setup with around 40 laps of experience on the V8. Hope this helps your research a bit @Nox

• Like Like x 2