Resource icon

Tracks le vigeant 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
This track has the exact same issue you other upload has, it uses ten times as much tris as recommended, because you used the same objects for it. Look at the red line in the performance app, maybe its not apparent on your computer.

Whoever made those XPacks you use, he made them badly, for a track to work and perform like the original Kunos tracks you need to rework and optimise in a real 3D modeller program. Just RTB alone is not enough. Yes its hard work and takes time, but look at the makers of those top ranked track here on RD, those tracks took a long time to make.

qGZh6rj.jpg

Heres the other screenshot again from Val de Vienne
11-jpg.217854

I can race at Barcelona with 17 AI cars at 70 fps. I can't lap alone on your tracks at more than 25 fps :(

• Deleted member 223075

@AccAkut

Probably you need to change your computer because run fine in mine.
823745Sanstitre2.png

Ok i have some FPS variant but if i lock to 30 FPS the track run @30 FPS, if i lock to 60 FPS i have variant between 40 FPS and 58 FPS.

@AccAkut

Probably you need to change your computer because run fine in mine.
823745Sanstitre2.png

Ok i have some FPS variant but if i lock to 30 FPS the track run @30 FPS, if i lock to 60 FPS i have variant between 40 FPS and 58 FPS.
5XlheaY.jpg

Isle of Men TT, RTB made track, 60km of length - still even from this position its got 1/5 of tris (triangles, which make up the tracks polygons). On ground level its roughly the same. Performance is fine. Because either this track got a healthy rework in a real 3D modelling tool, or the used XPacks are not as shite. We shouldn't not defend badly made tracks with "buy a better computer!" ...

I'm running this track at about the same FPS than the previous one (Val de Vienne).
This one does not have the weird kink (and wrong way sign) after Trop Vite corner in it though, but it has exactly the same FPS drop (to 47), where I have about between 56-62 on the rest of the track.
Not that bad when alone on track.

A track day with 14 cars is another thing: the AI refuse to leave the pits.
Each lap, before La Ferme corner, I get to see a yellow flag that lasts until I cross the finish line :rolleyes:

A race with 14 cars works, makes FPS drop about 10 points but still doable on my system. But the yellow flag shows every lap as mentioned above.

So the track can be used, sadly the bridge in the VdV version is more accurate.

BTW: I think the road feel is better in VdV...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

Isle of Men TT, RTB made track, 60km of length - still even from this position its got 1/5 of tris (triangles, which make up the tracks polygons). On ground level its roughly the same. Performance is fine. Because either this track got a healthy rework in a real 3D modelling tool, or the used XPacks are not as shite. We shouldn't not defend badly made tracks with "buy a better computer!" ...

Blabla. Better to encourage people that share content with us instead of being all times someone who criticizes.

And yes if your computer can not display 60FPS, upgrade it or buy a newest.

I'm a little fed up because for a while you spend your time criticizing the content that members share for free, all this because it does not meet your criteria and / or standards of Kunos. So what ? The important thing is to have the choice.

If you don't like what people share here with us, don't waste your time to talk on each shared mods.

@cece

Cette discussion ne concerne pas votre projet, mais les pistes RTB en général

@Mahad

if you paid so much attention to my posts you would have noticed that I give constructive criticism, I tell what I see as improvable and what is good already. I post in the support threads and only throw out bad ratings to obvious rips. I want modders to improve, want to point them in the right direction, I'm aware that most of these guys are just starting to mod. Tiago Lima had me in his beta test group, and he was appreciating my "low end computer" test results.

I see you know your way around skin making, and just like that I'm reasonably skilled with Blender. With an hours work each these two tracks would look even better and perform just like the stock Kunos tracks. Like, with both these tracks a simple "Delete duplicate tris" applied on the guardrails would probably HALF the whole tracks tris count. Another big chunk of unneeded polygons could be deleted from the pit building, which at the moment is made out of intersecting triangular buildings

I'm aware that Race track Builder has its own Steam Workshop and thus formed an independent community that seems to be generally unaware of the "old" guidelines applied in 3D modelling. Its not cece's fault that someone released an XPack with those guardrails or tires. Or released objects with non-square jpeg textures. But this is why RTB alone is not sufficient for Assetto Corsa track building, and this is all we guys (not just me) try to teach to people.

Welp, teabreak over.

Ok it's not finished yet, but I really hope it will because it's already usable on my side, at least for hotlaps.
I drive at Le Vigeant every year and the experience in AC is really close to real life, up to laptimes.
This track is absolutely flat, so maybe the design issues are less of a problem than on a hilly layout ?
Keep faith :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing