1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Le Mans server

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, May 31, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

A server is up for driving in P1 for any of the cars that will be used in the weeks races.
    Enjoy!
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This server has the xtrme Mini now!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The server now has just the GT Pro and Radical for practice. :)

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

That was a nice practice session, makes me feel good to put one like tha up and be used.

About the time I got into the Radical, my neighbor brought out his unmuffled V8 powered lawnmower and kept drowning me out. I couldn't get a good lap in while he was hitting the grass :sick:

5. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ah, so that's why you were all gone after I got disconnected ;)

Just had another 10-ish laps in the Saleen, I'm beginning to feel slightly optimistic about finishing ;)

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

I used to drive on this track alot a few years ago. Then I installed the newer version (the one with the two chicanes on the long straight) I prefer the newer one, but this one should be fun to. I bet there will be alot of slipstream-passing-battle-back-and-forth :D:D

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It's tough to get laps in, they are so long but at some point giving up on the setup and two laps stints will bring you to consecutive laps that will pay off.

I'm still working on that part myself even though I've already completed several longish event.

I can't remember passing back and forth but certainly some nerve wracking, close runs to a late straight pass will occur. There, that should set us up for some good action! Hmmm, STCC and Rad's, what WILL they be like :coffee::coffee:

9. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I've set the gearbox up on my STCC C30 so that i don't bounce off the top, but other than that I doubt I'll be changing anything, as My knowledge of that is awful. It's a shame we're not running a newer version of Le Mans though. I'm so used to the modernlayout this classic one has got me all turned around!

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It amazes me how hard I work to take off .200 sec and when it doesn't work I lose 15 sec. I think I can back off .500 sec per lap or so and finish in a better position.

11. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I always find it's tortoise and hare on circuits like these. Just get a nice solid, steady lap in each time and hope those around you have some slipups.

12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

@Dennis Phelan

I have a question regarding this track. Is the update included in this versoin or are we simply just using an non-updated version?

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan