rF2 Le Mans Prototypes (LMP) @ Daytona Road Course - Mon 2nd March

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I get random crashes. Either directly joining the server or I can get it after some 10 laps or so.

Tried uninstalling the newer version of the SCES cars but didn´t seem to make a difference.

Sorry guys I didnt finish the race.
The flying start didnt work here properly. I was on P3 on the left side just behind Pär but he slowed down and I had to overtake him because I got a warning that I was too slow. So OK, the SC bacame yellow and I followed it on the left side like my chat-spooter told me. Now I was directly behind the SC and Gjis on my right side who qualified on P2.
Everything fine I guessed.
I tried to stay behind Gijs but I got another warning beeing too slow so I had to keep the leading position (I guess Gijs was also confused like me :)). On startfinsh line I accelerated and boom, I got a 10s penalty and was also one lap down and Gijs experienced the same punishment.

In general I finish such a race anyway. Sorry I gave up but I was just frustrated about the game :(

See you next time.

PS: That was not my first flying start in rf2 but if somebody know what I did wrong behind SC pls tell me :notworthy:

Sorry for the first start. I just read formation lap I didn´t read safety car and no flooring before getting green light.

Second start I started to get messages to stay behind stefan woudenberg. I started looking left and right and back like an owl. Where the heck is Stefan Woudenberg :D

Stopped and found him in the back of the pack which the game seem satisfied with for a while. Then I started to get messages to stay behind Guys. But game seem satisfied with me behind Woudenberg he was yellow 80 % of the time :)

I was looking forward a hunt in the back. I managed to stay out of trouble the first laps and then it was just smooth sailing. I made an endurance race at SimHQ with this car and track some weeks ago and had such a great setup I could drive it blindfolded as there was a ton of rubber as well. Took hards so had no problem with tire wear.

SC was a distaster. :roflmao:

Nothing you guys could do about it. Only help to "debug" it during the formation lap. By doing what the game wants you to do. But that was crazy task: the game-grid positions changed constantly.

But these bugs, you mostly find out when it is too late.:whistling:

Pretty good race for me.:)
With the slower Lola i knew that it would be difficult to be in the top positions. To my surprise i was gaining positions and i couldn't believe i was riding in 2nd.:confused:
Alone up there i saw that Gijs was gaining several seconds each lap and was a little worried but there was nothing i could do but keep going without making mistakes and hope for the best.:D
Managed to secure the 2nd place avoiding problems and keeping a consistent pace.:cool:

Sorry @Stefan Woudenberg that i started moving in T1. Silly mistake :( Wont happen again :notworthy:

No worries there, it was only a shame as it was my only change to challenge Joao who was a couple of seconds in front of me at that time. The incident costed me at least 2 minutes overall and dropped from 3rd to last position.

It was good to drive my car again. The last time was with the VSC and I almost forgot the fun it us to drive. I am thinking on working on it again to get the last physics sorted (tires and drag / downforce).

Will surely drive my LMP this friday again. Compared to the other LMP's it will probably be a LMP2 car. :p

Interesting race - great fun! :D Reminded me why I love LMP cars so much! :inlove:

After the restart things were going well - I was up to 2nd, and challenging for 1st before Turn 3, the International Horseshoe, happened. Cold tires caused me to spin, and I quickly dropped down the order. Nonetheless, I got back on to the track and put my foot down, with @Matt Horst fast approaching.

Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me at the time, my rear tires were heating up rather quickly, and after a few laps I could feel my rear starting to slip. A couple of spins later I pitted for a tire change, but in the panic I accidentally deactivated the pit limiter in the pit lane and topped up the fuel tank. After this all I could do to salvage my race was to put down my foot again.

With a new set of hard tires the car felt golden, except for the fact that I had 90 litres of fuel on board. I was essentially stone dead last, and went on the hunt for @Stefan Woudenberg in the P2 Lola. Shortly before the end of the race I did manage to finally pass.

In spite of all the frustrations I enjoyed myself, and am looking forward to using this car (hopefully with a bit more success) for the WEC event on Friday. :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%