Tracks Le Mans Night Version

That track looks good because it is evenly lit up with the flood lights that as far as I know don't actually illuminate anything on the track, they're just emitting right?. If you look at Le Mans this year:

You need the headlight illumination of the track in front of the cars on dimly or not at all lit up tracks like Le Sarthe.

That's just how I understand the limitation of the one light source. I looked into that when the guy did the Nordschleife Night mod. He apparently figured out a way to put the light in front of the car lighting up the track. Any other night mods I've seen look great but don't have the headlight illumination which at Le Mans would be a must have.

That track looks good because it is evenly lit up with the flood lights that as far as I know don't actually illuminate anything on the track, they're just emitting right?. If you look at Le Mans this year:

You need the headlight illumination of the track in front of the cars on dimly or not at all lit up tracks like Le Sarthe.

That's just how I understand the limitation of the one light source. I looked into that when the guy did the Nordschleife Night mod. He apparently figured out a way to put the light in front of the car lighting up the track. Any other night mods I've seen look great but don't have the headlight illumination which at Le Mans would be a must have.
It's essentially a shadow hack...not super functional honestly.

What mod is that please share?

I'm talking about this part of the track
lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2013-night-lights-at-le-mans.jpg

I think it would incredible with the night mod.

Here's a screenshot I took of the Yas Marina circuit

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2017_s1_night_acu_yasmarina_20-7-117-20-40-23.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2017_s1_night_acu_yasmarina_20-7-117-20-40-23.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 489
Joking aside, there is only a small part of Le Mans lit up for the 24 hour race. Would be really amazing if someone could model the lights of the pits into the existing Le Mans modded track, which is already excellent.

I always love the onboard cameras of the 24 hours, when they are out in the darkness and then the lights of the main straight appear in the distance.

This video shows what I mean.

I didn't realise that AC does not have actual working headlights!!! Surely that can't be true?

It can and it is. No time of day, no weather and one light source. There is some modders out there who simulate headlights. If I had to guess I'd say they apply shadows to such a degree that the only lit up area is the cone in front of the car that would normally show as the lights with some creative feathering around the edges. Probably by fading the shadows in the .ini or sth. But if you look at their vids the lights are in no way connected or related to the illumination. They are simply shiny and glary decals.

It can and it is. No time of day, no weather and one light source. There is some modders out there who simulate headlights. If I had to guess I'd say they apply shadows to such a degree that the only lit up area is the cone in front of the car that would normally show as the lights with some creative feathering around the edges. Probably by fading the shadows in the .ini or sth. But if you look at their vids the lights are in no way connected or related to the illumination. They are simply shiny and glary decals.
It's the other way around...they set ambient light to negative and cast a shadow where the headlight beams would be...it doesn't really look good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%