Latest update is causing a crash to desktop

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Anybodby found a solution to this? The new UI is now default but the game doesn't load for me and several others over at S397 forum. If I revert to the old UI build everything seems fine. Anybody found the cure for this yet?

Same issue here, tried your fix, bit this didn't work for me. Completely fresh install, had to re-enter name and nickname as well...but still crashes on start up.
Screen goes white, i see the mouse pointer with the z's next to it then back to desktop. dev mode seems to work though ..

Hi all, and update on my situation, I just tried again now , didn't make any further changes and there was a 27mb download and now rfactor2 is loading. Will advise if any other issues once I've had a play
:)
.. apparently a hotfix was released !!

To start in old UI open steam, find Rf2 in your library, right click and go to properties, then click on beta on the left hand side, click on the dropdown box on the right and it should list all beta's old UI being one of them. Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

That's great thank you... I don't want to be a Luddite but why did it need changing? Just because it can be changed??

Nick Morgan

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%