PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

My contribution here is normally info from the WMD forum, build specifics etc
(and that was what this last spat with Andy was all about).

Unfortunately I don't get much time to test drive the sim,
work has me "on the road" doing shows this time of the year.

And my involvement in the WMD project has mainly been track reference related
like this. http://s276.photobucket.com/user/mopstar101/library/ONT?sort=3&page=1

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by f-boo
Hi
Did you compose this track with the material some guy delivered in this forum

(Thread "A day at Willow Springs 300+Photos + Video") ?
Cheers

Yes f-boo,
The reference that ONT provided (both the video and the set of photographs) on that thread were used heavily as you can see from the comparison shots used to create the base track-loft. So, we certainly want to take the opportunity to thank ONT for the time taken to gather the data for us to use. We will continue to use the reference as we gradually add more details and features. As such, the photo's will also come in very handy as we add the details and structures I mentioned above. Having members in the community that can bring first hand experience of the tracks and those willing/able to gather reference from the tracks is one of the most exciting aspects of the C.A.R.S initiative for me...we can really do these great tracks justice
Mark Adams
user-offline.png
Environment Art Manager"

I have done a lot of track info from video and pics on line and RL.

But there are several WMD members that has gathered RL info, some more than me.

Recently someone did a banking measurement on the Carousel at Nords to confirm
degree.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I have probly submitted 50-100 pics like this lining up curbs etc :

attachment.php

Last edited:
Running the risk of totally stray of topic "Latest Build Testing".

Here is a few videos I took at Willow Springs, all small contributions that will hopefully make a better sim.

Bump tracking ONT style lol.

And mapping out all the bumps on race line around the track, like this.

Level 2 (Green) Small

Level 4 (Blue) Medium

Level 6 (Orange) Large

Level 8 (Red) XL

T1
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thread derailed somewhat.

Firstly, Chronos thanks.
Secondly ONT, this is my latest build testing thread. Your photos look very nice, well done. (medals in the post) But please start your own thread to demonstrate all you have done for WMD/SMS.
I totally expect other members to post on here about their latest testing of the builds if they so wish, that's no problem. So if you don't mind, start your own thread about your volunteer work and we will be free to critique your work. Hows that?

Civil and respectful.
regards
Andy

ps, ONT, I too am disappointed that the full Nascar experience may only come as DLC. I love racing the ovals and I do right now via Iracing. I really enjoy my Nascar stuff. Perhaps you should have argued a little more with the community to get it all at release?

"ps, ONT, I too am disappointed that the full Nascar experience may only come as DLC. I love racing the ovals and I do right now via Iracing. I really enjoy my Nascar stuff. Perhaps you should have argued a little more with the community to get it all at release?"

I pitched OVAL racing really hard in the start of the project and 6 tracks was planned.
2 are in good progress.

But when the decision that there was not time enough to do it right was taken
about 6 month ago there was no arguing that move from me.

I looked at the massive amount of work left for the road racing part, and I'm still holding
my thumbs they can pull it of in time (fingers crossed} :)

Last edited:
I didnt want to open an extra topic and I think my question fits here quite well.

I am now a WMD investor, so I could never try pCars, but read a bit in the forums and on other sites and when critics come up a lot say "It is still beta testing" etc.
From a developer stand point the release of pCars is tomorrow. So my question is: How finished is the game/sim at the moment and do you think it will be finished product on release date or more like an open beta?

Good question Frederic. I know the release is pretty soon but I can't tell if the game is currently at Beta or Alpha or pre alpha. I personally think it won't be ready but that's my opinion. If it is ready on release date, expect some patches a few weeks further down the line.
Actually the guys who always defend Pcars always state "it's pre alpha for **$%% sake" but there must be a time now where all the features are in it and just polishing is required. There are very many bugs still but they are working on it day and night.
Like most games these days, when released it will be an open beta whilst the consumer tests it, moans and complains, then they add fixes etc etc. Hopefully.
All this is my best guess opinion.

I am sure one of the more clued up investors/paying testers will be along shortly to give a more complicated answer. :thumbsup:;):cool:

Good question Frederic. I know the release is pretty soon but I can't tell if the game is currently at Beta or Alpha or pre alpha. I personally think it won't be ready but that's my opinion. If it is ready on release date, expect some patches a few weeks further down the line.
Actually the guys who always defend Pcars always state "it's pre alpha for **$%% sake" but there must be a time now where all the features are in it and just polishing is required. There are very many bugs still but they are working on it day and night.
Like most games these days, when released it will be an open beta whilst the consumer tests it, moans and complains, then they add fixes etc etc. Hopefully.
All this is my best guess opinion.

I am sure one of the more clued up investors/paying testers will be along shortly to give a more complicated answer. :thumbsup:;):cool:
No answer, you just got instantly disliked :D

I posted this in a thread here some time ago, it's a pure speculation on my part ;)

" I think it will be a good game/sim, some parts are really good now and some need more work.

Will it be perfect on day one, not likely, but I see a will to make it good
and with input from users and a few patches under it's belt I'm sure it will be really good."

A note on patching games and sims :)

Blizzard Entertainment a giant in the marketplace has a really good reputation for testing,
and postponing (even canceling) products before release.

Here is a link to change logs for the 14 patches to date in DIABLO 3 ;)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/

And the 28 change logs for Starcraft 2
(sub categories for each of the 5 major updates)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/patch-notes/1-0

And here is a link to Patch change log for the most hard core sim on the market DCS,
just 1 module (there is 9 modules) the A10C-Warthog and only the last 6 patches.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/patches/

I wish we lived in a perfect world, but I guess not :whistling:

I'd take lot's patches and hot fixes any day, compared to a company that do 1 or 2 and move on to the next title (codemaster F1 series anyone lol).

But let's hope pCars is not a bug fest :)

Last edited:
Cheers.

Strange person.
:poop:
And why do you dislike my post then? I didn't dislike yours. It was @martinsalat and I wanted to say, that I find it stupid to dislike your post, because you were stating your opinion. You might got me wrong. I didn't want to make fun of you. I actually made fun of the guy, who disliked your post. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
I found your post very informative, but forgot to press the "like" button :(

OK, wrong end of stick. Sorry Frederick.
Yes some people here like you say are very mixed up. They give you dislikes for the most childish reasons. He obviously has issues. How did you know it was him anyway?

No problem took me a minute to understand your answer and then I read mine and thought: "Damn you can understand that exactly the opposite way" :roflmao:

Yes, confusion abounds. And all caused by some childish and malicious 3rd party. for whatever his childish brain perceived. No problems though Frederic.

Anyway, Pcars is coming along nicely and it is looking and feeling quite good. But like I said earlier, I don't think it will be fully finished on release and we will have to wait for patches but I think you will like it.

regards
Andy

Last edited:
I hope you continue to post your build reviews because you're reviewing the current status of the game which is all we have to go on. Obviously things change quickly at this stage of development, however I'm quite tired of hearing the game is going to be great from all the crystal ball owners, I want it to be great too but will only say so when it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back