PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

A low 1.17 even 1.16 is possible, I did a 1.18.1 with a gamepad and no aids, if I could hook up the whole lap and put more time in a 1.17 is on, and this is without any setup changes except for longer 2nd gear and low fuel.
That's interesting.
I for one need rather extensive tuning for the Zonda R to make it at least drivable.
All gears above 2nd are shortened to minimum, 30/40 % diff settings, minimum preload, 120 Nm front ARB, and 3 clicks smaller steering lock.
Brakes are weird as well. Even at 70% pressure & 1.00 duct and no more than half pedal travel they lock-up too soon.
The track feels a bit "ice skate"-ish and steering lock at low speeds is glorified crap (pardon my french). The latter I've made obvious in the last 2 hairpins...

** I use a Logitech MOMO wheel with modified G25 pedals and the G25 in game profile.
All aids were off, including Autoclutch.
The default Momo profile is rather shitty for FFB and lock is even worse for most cars (way to small).

The low speed turning does seem rather odd, it's as if the car still has downforce acting on it even on a slow speed hairpin.

I managed a 1.17.8 on the pad earlier, only fuel and 2nd gear adjusted, for some reason the leaderboards are unavailable for Derby GP.

OK, after quite a bit of extensive build testing over the last couple of weeks I can say that without a doubt, it is getting damn good. The handling has improved ten fold lately and the dynamics seem to be getting more and more sim like. I recently had a 20 lap race in the zonda against 15 other AI cars AT 1700hrs time of day with cloudy skies. It was a fantastic race with great immersion using the helmet cam at all times. The sounds are fantastic, the Zonda's handle great. Keep it up PCars devs. It's going to be great.

What I would like to see though, is a better replay mode. I want it like GP4 with directors mode etc. I love watching a full replay of my racing exploits.

So all in all WMD/SMS, it's getting really good now.

OK, after quite a bit of extensive build testing over the last couple of weeks I can say that without a doubt, it is getting damn good. The handling has improved ten fold lately and the dynamics seem to be getting more and more sim like. I recently had a 20 lap race in the zonda against 15 other AI cars AT 1700hrs time of day with cloudy skies. It was a fantastic race with great immersion using the helmet cam at all times. The sounds are fantastic, the Zonda's handle great. Keep it up PCars devs. It's going to be great.

What I would like to see though, is a better replay mode. I want it like GP4 with directors mode etc. I love watching a full replay of my racing exploits.

So all in all WMD/SMS, it's getting really good now.

The physics have had very little changes in recent builds, 10 fold improvements in handling? the cars drive very similar as they did 3 or even 6 months ago. Lots of grip/stability and lack of weight transfer/mass, plus kerbs can be driven over like they're not there, nowhere near the fidelity of other sims available yet.

Agree on the replays, realistic trackside cameras are much needed, unfortunately I still can't get a good race against the AI.

Indeed :D

Although my opinion is based on testing nearly every weekly build from the start of the project, and I paid for my toolpack with my own money.

What does that mean Graham? Are you stirring yet again? Just so you know something (which you obviously didn't) I also paid with my own money right from the start. What is your point?

The opinions of both are valid, guys.

Thing is, Graham, if I may, Andy is not talking about how it was or how it felt weeks ago, months ago, a dozen builds ago. He is referring to the latest build he tried. Basing your opinion on long gone builds is not really relevant, if you look at it objectively.

Bottom line: it seems on the current build, you disagree with Andy (so it seems to be the case of Peter Koch).

For me, unable to test pCARS at the moment, Andy's feedback marries perfectly with my friends' feedback. That is good news for me.

the cars drive very similar as they did 3 or even 6 months ago. Lots of grip/stability and lack of weight transfer/mass, plus kerbs can be driven over like they're not there, nowhere near the fidelity of other sims available yet.
I.

I tend to agree, but the game is getting better all the time, but it can be inconsistent between builds, and if Andy is happish with it's current state, that's a good sign, anyway, I'll have the latest build in a few days.

Sorry to say this....
I have just tried the latest build and it feels like its taken a big jump backwards, I ran the Pagani at suzuka and it felt awfull, I ran the Caterham 500 at Spa and it felt like the car was on stilts, I ran the Formula 1 car at suzuka and it felt like I was turning in a bumper car.

I am not going to say anything else, (I dont want to start any arguements) this is only my thoughts, but it does feel like its just standing still or worse going backwards.
:O_o:

What does that mean Graham? Are you stirring yet again? Just so you know something (which you obviously didn't) I also paid with my own money right from the start. What is your point?

In the first post you said you had been given a free toolpack recently to evaluate the game, therefore I assumed you hadn't played any of the Builds before that point to form your opinion, where I have played every build from the start of the project. Nowhere in your posts in this thead have you stated that you own a toolpack and have been playing the weekly builds over the months, It doesn't read that way at all.

What do you mean by stirring yet again? That's rather the pot calling the kettle black!

In the first post you said you had been given a free toolpack recently to evaluate the game, therefore I assumed you hadn't played any of the Builds before that point to form your opinion, where I have played every build from the start of the project. Nowhere in your posts in this thead have you stated that you own a toolpack and have been playing the weekly builds over the months, It doesn't read that way at all.

What do you mean by stirring yet again? That's rather the pot calling the kettle black!

Never assume things. As that can make an ass out of you and me. ;)

You are wrong anyway.

As for the latest build, well once again, in my opinion it is very very good. I am liking the feel and the immersion right now.

The physics have had very little changes in recent builds, 10 fold improvements in handling? the cars drive very similar as they did 3 or even 6 months ago. Lots of grip/stability and lack of weight transfer/mass, plus kerbs can be driven over like they're not there, nowhere near the fidelity of other sims available yet.
That sounds a bit typical. Even (unmodified) GTR2 didn't do mass transfer and curbs convincingly. Everything felt a bit too light and underdampened. At its time it was worth adapting to it I have to admit though :)

Never assume things. As that can make an ass out of you and me. ;)

You are wrong anyway.

As for the latest build, well once again, in my opinion it is very very good. I am liking the feel and the immersion right now.

Sorry I don't understand your history with the game, and was only going by what was written in this thread and made a reasonable assumption based on that, I don't feel like an ass at all based on the information provided.

Why do you need a free toolpack if you already have one you paid for which you've have been using to test builds over the past year?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back