PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

These are my latest settings. I downloaded the files from the WMD forum and stayed trying them all. Not 100% great but quite happy for now.

Rename file to rar and unzip to \Documents\CARS\FFB as it was not supported here. Take a backup first.

These are my other settings:

Attachments

• FFB.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 288
  • ffb.JPG
    ffb.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 359
  • pCARS 2013-03-10 15-32-59-20.jpg
    pCARS 2013-03-10 15-32-59-20.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 312
I have found that not all tweakers agree with peoples hardware and opinions about ffb.
The tweaks posted above are too heavy for me and some posted on wmd are too light or rattle like hell. I can get reasonable ffb with no tweakers, one thing I am starting to notice is the ffb pooing its pants while trying to save slides the asano x4, it just gives up for a moment and has a little think about what it should be doing.

Thanks Stefan.

Are the SMS dev team going to use these tweakers in the game as the standard settings for each car and why doesn't SMS have these as the standard settings now in builds?

No, not really. This is more some in the community playing with the FFB files to get a better feel. At this stage, FFB is changing so fast with each built that the FFB files might not remain good from one build to another.

Like I said, its just for fun UNTIL the development on FFB is done. Remember that CARS is a project in development and not a final/finished product so we cannot say.."Why do these things change all the time!?"

Yes Mark, you are right. The FFB files do not work for all hardware.

FFB is better than it was at default compared to a month ago but still not good.

Best thing to do is set the FFB strength and Tyre Force in game to 100 and then adjust the FFB multi adjust in the F1 - Vehicle menu when on track and use the telemetry to check for clipping. However if you restart or quit the settings won't save and it has to be done every time you go on track.

Even doing this some cars feel poor at best but others are ok but oversteer is still not communicated well at all. Many of the cars are still running on tyres that feel too soft, wobbly and sluggish which doesn't help, reminds me of driving on cold under-inflated economy tyres by the way they respond.

The underlying physics still require a good deal of work in my opinion (lack of mass, weight transfer and overall response from the chassis/suspension, plus understeer/lack of turn in plagues many cars and the steering doesn't have enough accuracy). I hope once the tyre model is complete these areas of the physics are worked on more, unfortunately I still have doubts that the physics engine is capable of convincing physics as I've yet to experience it in the game yet.

I can't get good FFB no matter what I do, and there's no weight/weight transfer, well not much, so it's hard to drive off feel like you can in genuine sims.
Btw, I bought F1 2012, and it works "well" with my G27 but is a simmycade experience in the dry, however, it's much harder to drive in the wet and wet weather GFX are epic, so I recommend F1 2012 for G27 owners wanting to have fun.

I'm having a hard time believing pcars is going to be much diff to F1 2012, IOW, a simmycade game that may or may not appeal to sim fans.....but then again, the no1 criteria for me is that it must work well with my wheel, and atm, pcars isn't quite there.

I have got to agree. Although it is getting better, it is deffinetly not a sim yet. Still reminds me of Shift 2 in a big way. I quite like Shift 2 with the Community mods though. I am looking forward to seeing the final game or at least the Beta to see a big improvement.

While the BMW Z4 has come along quite a bit, does anybody know what the heck is going on with the RUF at default settings?
I've just tried it for the first time at Spa and it is absolutely horrible. The suspension is way too soft and the car just goes from understeer to oversteer and everything in between. While the last Porsche I drove was my brother's twin turbo about three years ago, I still remember it had very little tendency to understeer. It also had so much grunt and torque that you hardly had to reach for the shifter. It also handled very well and was pure fun as long as you stayed in the throttle. I'd like to think the RUF would handle significantly better than the factory offering.The car in this game does not even come remotely close to the standard offering. Why is it even in the game, if it is not being properly represented? Alois RUF should be seriously peeved.

What settings and what car are You using for testing David ?

My quick and not very precise fix to FFB clipping is FFB 95 and Tire Force 50.

It works to get the clipping out of most, but not all cars :).

While the BMW Z4 has come along quite a bit, does anybody know what the heck is going on with the RUF at default settings?
I've just tried it for the first time at Spa and it is absolutely horrible. The suspension is way too soft and the car just goes from understeer to oversteer and everything in between. While the last Porsche I drove was my brother's twin turbo about three years ago, I still remember it had very little tendency to understeer. It also had so much grunt and torque that you hardly had to reach for the shifter. It also handled very well and was pure fun as long as you stayed in the throttle. I'd like to think the RUF would handle significantly better than the factory offering.The car in this game does not even come remotely close to the standard offering. Why is it even in the game, if it is not being properly represented? Alois RUF should be seriously peeved.

That car is quite new and I agree is still poor to drive, the current tyre carcass it uses feels way too soft and unresponsive with low grip, it doesn't feel planted at all.

As you've driven a similar car for real then I'd urge you to post your thoughts in the appropriate thread on WMD.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back