AC [LATE] Shelby Cobra 427 S/C @ Monza 1966 - Sunday, December 14th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
one question: I know we used old track grip, but was there something else different to the standard values, like the track temperature ?
I was just wondering why I was going 2-4 sec. slower than in practice some minutes before booking :). *

*Edit: I guess now I know: The grip level was set again to optimum automatically, after closing the game and before starting my last practice session in hotlap mode.

But one reason was also that I couldn't see much of the track, because of the later ingame daytime of 17:00pm. The asphalt and the gras looked the same, so in some cases I didn't know, whether I'm on the asphalt right know or some gras :). Some asphalt areas were almost completely blacked out: T1 and some more I steered in almost blindly, the only track orientation was the inner curb.
That was also the reason why I steered in a little too early in T1 (going a bit over the inner curb) one time after overtaking a light-blue car, sry for that (resulted in a small incident).

Last edited:
Fun race. To bad we have that mele on first lap. I personally had no where to go.

Screenshot_shelby_cobra_427sc_monza66_14-12-2014-22-38-37.jpg

After this, it was just recovering and pass as many cars as I could. Very clean race with everyone, congrats all.

After breaking my 4 suspensions in first crash, I had a great race overall. Not because finishing position (11th:unsure:), but beacuse of a HUGE improvement in my driving skills in general. Went from a 1:52 in pre-race practice to a high 1:44 in race (despite 3 sec I believe it's due to @Geoffroy Tassenoy setup:p), for me it was a super fun learning experience. Wish school was like that... Hope to see you guys on next races.
PS: Did some laps after race in some cars and tracks I like driving and saw an instant 3-5 sec drop in my times:D.
Thanks to @Ryan Ogurek for setting the race up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%