AC [LATE] GT Multiclass @ Monza - Tuesday, December 2nd

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah, got the wheel on the grass touched you hard enough to wreck the left suspension, rear wing and the front wing wasn't much better. Good to hear you didn't suffer too badly from it. Was super fun battling with @Chris Stacey and you up until that point.

Thanks for the race everyone, super fun. Had a good run with @Fred Locklear for the first half of the race and towards the end he was gaining on me, look back was in full use!

I'm not sure which car it was I lapped, my apologies. I should have let you know we weren't racing for position, would have made things easier. Fortunately no harm was done :)

Thanks @Ryan Ogurek for putting this together. I love Monza and think it gets short shrift most of the time. So many good risk reward corners ...

That was so fun! Nothing like a GT race with a large grid.
Great fun trying to chase down @Sean Kelly towards the end, but I binned it on the exit of T5.
Thanks for the event @Ryan Ogurek

2014-12-03_00002.jpg

2014-12-03_00001.jpg

That was a fun race! I had only friven the 458 GT2 like twice and the car just felt really comfortable for me. The setup I downloaded, I really wasn't happy with the gearing, but I didn't really have enough time to tweak it during practice to get it, the way I would have liked.

As for the race. Outside of the big to problems it would have been my most consistent race so far. The first problem was just catching the mid curb at Ascari, and I ended up in the gravel. The second was when I was pushing at the end, was on the astroturf out of Lesmo 2 and went into the wall. Apologies to @Fernando Deutsch and @Nino Scholz. I tried something stupid before you came around the corner and ended up in the middle of the track :(.

@Ken Baldwin and I were so evenly matched in the 458 for this race. He just pipped me right at the end of qualifying for P2. At race start, I shifted way early (probably nervous :) ) and @Ridhuan Abu Bakar got a run on me, and somewhere on the straight he just when *POOF*. It was a shame because I saw some of his times and it could have been an even better battle up front (well up front behind @Geoffroy Tassenoy :roflmao: ). For the first ~13 laps Ken and I were never more than like 3 car lengths apart. Ken bobbled at the chicane and I got ahead of him at the second chicane, but quickly gave it back up at Lesmo 2. He would pull out a little, and then I would catch up some in the chicanes. Sometimes when I felt like I got a better exit on the straights I couldn't really gain on him....either I had longer gears in the acceleration gears, or he was running less wing (I had 1 front and 3 rear). Then I goofed it all up at Ascari. Towards the end of the race it looked like Ken was relaxing a little bit and I finally was able to put a couple of good laps together and tried to push to see what would happen, and then I lost it the second time. That lost me the podium as Fernando was able to get by :/.

Then with ~2 laps remaining, I lost connection to the server. BAH. No warning. Almost glad I didn't catch up to Ken to only have it totally ruined by a connection issue. Dammit....I want to race again. NOW!

This was my first organized race ever and I had a great time. I ended up finishing in 11th, after qualifying 18th (aka dead last lol). I believe i manged to make it through the race without trading any paint or cutting anyone off horribly. I was impressed with the people on the server, very friendly and made it easy for me to get into my first race. I also learned quite a bit too. Thanks for all the help from everyone - I will definitely be doing this more. I am signed up for the Abarth Race on Saturday. :geek:

@Ken Baldwin that may have been me you lapped. I was never sure if the person behind me was in a lesser place or lapping me - honestly I was expecting the lappers to just blow by me so if the car wasn't i assumed it wasn't a lapper. I went from 17th to 13th at one point so figured there were some cars back there. Apologies for holding you up. Also, i was trying to stick to my line and all that. Still learning on the etiquette as well!

@Fred Locklear the pass you made going into the second chicane was textbook. At one point we couldn't have been any closer if we tried, awesome :thumbsup: Looking forward to the next one. I used the stock setup, didn't have time to test any tweaks and I usually make things worse anyway :laugh: And for the record, you've pipped me more than once, glad I could return the favour ;)

Shame @Ridhuan Abu Bakar got disco'd, all three of us were very close in qualifying. Next time ...

@Nino Scholz no worries, you didn't hold me up. I caught you at Ascari and made my move at the entry to Parabolica. I just switched Teamspeak to push to talk and am so used to not have comm's during a race (don't want to get distracted unmuting) it didn't occur to me to push the button :redface:

@Geoffroy Tassenoy awesome pace and consistency again, saw you for a couple or three laps then you drove off into the sunrise.

Would be awesome to have an 18 person grid for the next one too!!!

Good race, kind of lonely for me.

I did my PB on qualy and on my second try to improve my time I did a weird kind of rally turn at Variante de la Roggia that put me -0.400 of my best time, but then I just killed it on the second lesmo. Anyway the top 3 and @Geoffroy Tassenoy where on another league.

On race, I simply could not match the pace of the three cars at front. Then I did a couple of small mistakes that put me far away from them. I just got fortunate from your misfortune @Fred Locklear , actually you did well by not moving when we passed. I think you suffer from the same as I, as on the last laps my tires where ice over butter.

Thanks for setup this race, was really good to see a big grid.

@Fred Locklear No worries, it was easy to get around you as you had the good sense to stay put. I was able to get around on the right IIRC. At that point for me, any view of another car was exciting so that was not a problem :roflmao:. Next goal fot me: stay focused when other cars are around. I got all ADD everytime a position battle occurred!

Really just another example of how much better this was than a public race, in which that surely would have been a crash. Good people in here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back