AC [LATE] GT Multiclass @ Imola - Thursday, November 13th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The latest I can reserve a car is 1 hour prior to the booking, right? I'm 90% sure I can make it but I don't want to get black booked on my first race.

Sign ups will end just before booking starts, which start at 18:00 PDT and last 1 hour.

If you are sure you can book before 19:00 and you can be present for the race at 20:00 PDT then I say sign up, if something happens you can't make it just be sure to leave a post signing out before sign ups are closed.

If you are sure you can make the race, but cant get to your pc to book until after practice starts at 19:00, I can pre book you. Just fill out this information and send it to me in a PM:

[CAR_1]
DRIVERNAME=Alex Vese
TEAM=RaceDepartment
MODEL=(which car you want)
SKIN=(name of the skin as it appears in the folder)
GUID=(this can be found in docs/assetto corsa/cfg/race.ini under the title [REMOTE])
SPECTATOR_MODE=0

FUN FUN FUN! Thanks for running this, great race. Sorry to the Ferrari driver I cut down on, I didn't see you there. Still learning. Who was that by the way?

I'll be ready to sign up for a U.S. weekend league when available.

I felt like I could have done a lot better had I put in some more practice on medium tires. I made the mistake of doing my first couple of hours of laps on this track with a hotlap setup from the RD forums (Austin Somebody provided it along with a 1.41 hotlap time).

From now on I'll be sure to fuel up and pick more realistic tires to start with, and hopefully that will then make my qualifying hotlap a breeze!

Props to Dave for trading positions with me a couple of times and for not raging when I turned that one traffic jam into my own personal slalom course, gaining me two positions I didn't work for! Of course I gave them both back within the next two laps, if I recall! Consistency is something I'm going to have to continue to work on.

Good race, all!

I may take a break from racing until I get my cockpit up and running (hopefully within the month). My back and shoulders are a wreck right now!

Hi guys,

Thx for the race yesterday. I was surprisingly too fast. My 458 wasn't particular tweaked, one click or two here and there. Qualif in super soft and race in medium.
Since I use the Force Feedback steeringwheel calibration, I've definitly raised the sensation of my wheel (g27), I can only recommended it. Now i've to train to speak while I'm driving... That something I can't do for now, I'm only able to do some yelling when i'm not keeping my breath, too much commited right now :).
I must say that I have a good feeling with the 458 and it was quiet pleasant to be focus for 24 laps in Imola.
Now, I'm just afraid that you would consider me like an :alien:. It's really the good time for me to find a girlfriend, I would have less time to spend in the virtual seatbelt. :whistling:

Always great to drive with you and your good spirit.
See you next! ;)

@Russell Sobie yes it was all good fun :thumbsup:

Had a great time in this race although i made similar mistakes to Russel, only practiced on softs and low fuel load and so ended up misjudging brake-zones the first few laps while i got to grips with the race setup (think i noticed a few guys running race setups during Q so thats prolly something ill do in future too)

Other than that i'm still struggling when i get people around me, Its something i've been aware of for ages now but just cant seem to shake,,,when i get traffic close to me, either front or behind i turn into a fumbling mess making silly noob errors :ninja: (any advice/tips on this would be welcome) , maybe i'm paying too much attention to others im not sure but big thanks for running this again,
c u guys soon. :)

Yeah, I have the same problem. I think it's partly because I'm an overly safe (is that possible?) driver in real life just going to and from work, and the moment someone is less than 2 seconds in front of me I start lifting because I assume they are on their cell phone texting away and could lock up their brakes at any time! :D

Another good race everyone! I have only driven the SLS GT3 a couple of times and I am liking it. I'm with you guys with being too careful at times. Close in racing is hard. You need to pay attention to what you are doing, what the other guy may or may not be doing and also remember to hit your braking zones. When I first started racing here I had problems with braking zones when on the tail of another car....probably waiting for brake lights...but my reaction time isn't fast enough for that!

I've been trying to play it safe a bit more, giving plenty of room and making sure to brake earlier to avoid ramming into corners...that last part is now even more important with the damage model. It may take a lap or two to make a good clean pass, but that extra time is more experience closely following a car and looking for good places for an overtake.

As for the race, I didn't get to practice and spent a bunch of time in qualifying just driving my race setup. Only was able to get one good qualifying lap in though. Did OK in the race. For a good part of it I had some damage to front splitter/rear wing, but that didn't affect things that much. Just was careful in some of the tricky corners.

I normally HATE Imola, but I think I have finally figured out the tricky corners that used to always give me problems. Maybe i should do the opposite of @Geoffroy Tassenoy , if I get rid of my wife I might become an :alien: :)

When I'm on someone's bumper, I always brake early. This gives me options, if he brakes early or hard, I'm perfect. If he doesn't, I can ease up a touch on the brake and gain back anything I lost. Works most of the time.

It changes if someone is on your bumper though. If you know each other well, the same tactics will work, if not ... things might happen.

In other leagues and groups I've raced in, when you get familiar with each other, that's when the fun really starts.

I hope we can keep the momentum up :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years