• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Last Physical PC Game Disc You've bought?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ryan Soucy, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I was trolling through Dealzon and it got me thinking about the last time I've actually gotten a disc for a game and installed it.

For me, it was Driver: San Francisco that I bought in 2014, I believe. I installed from the disc, but once activated with uPlay, I didn't need to keep the disc in at least.
    Ironically, this summer when I bought my new PC and installed uPlay, it let me download Driver with no disc needed. That was pretty cool.

(My GTR2 Disc is still near my PC for when I want to play that.)

2. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    theme hospital possibly.

I bought it off ebay around 7 or 8 months ago to give me something different to do but I dont think have actually played it yet lol.

Interestingly though I also bought windows 98 on CD with the bootable floppy about a year ago for 20p. yes 20 whole British pennies

3. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +761
    SBK 2011 and Stoked, in 2013. Stoked only works on older PhysX drivers, so I can't play it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,698
    It was Black and White 2. Years ago. Steam destroyed everything related to hard copies. :D

5. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,109
    Bwoah, probably GTA bundle (III, Vice City, San Andreas) a couple of years ago, when they sold it for a few €s in Media Markt.

6. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I forgot this one: around 2014 I found a copy of Dirt Track Racing on Amazon and bought it, but could not get it to work with Windows 7. I was crushed.

7. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    Pro Cycling Manager 2015. The shop did a mistake, putting one on the shelf for with a 60% rebate, well, I took it, explained the situation, that it was a newly released game, and it looked weird.
    The answer was: "Oh, seems like we've made a mistake then. Your gain, our loss, we'll have to fix that. But you'll get it for the price on the cover of course" :)

8. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,076
    Back in 2010 it was Race On and GTR Evolution and in 2011 i bought rFactor. Both times i bought from the computer department at London Drugs. rFactor was a bargain, cost me $4.99 cdn so i bought the last two copies they had and gave one to a friend.

9. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,811
    NBA 2K15.
    Wow, a long time ago.

I really like buying the physical copies. It gives you something physical to attribute good memories to :) I still get that feeling when I look at my 4-disc install of Battlefield 2. :D

10. HabUK

HabUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    Blummin heck, GTR2 probably!