1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large Cars

Discussion in 'Racer' started by ZATRACERDUDE, Apr 6, 2010.

1. hello again all im wondering how many late eighties early nineties American sedans or Any vehicles of Any sort are around for that time period i know a few vipers and whatnot around around but we really don't have any good cars from that era im actually a huge fan of the Suberbird styled ford thunder birds And would be awesome to see one in game but id be happy just seeing any 90's or even 80's vehicles of that type Large Luxobarges they where called
    some of yall other Americans know what im talking about stuff like the Cadillac Seville Deville Even the almighty eldorado are their any vehicles of this type? even pickup trucks from the era would be nice as well im sure some of us would love to thrash a Thunderbird Cadillac or even a big FWD buick regal or park ave ive also heard talk of a limo and other odd vehicles such as campers and things flying around? would love to findout something about them:tongue: anyone with info or links to any of these vehicles will be givin a thousand karma points and a pat on the back :D
  2. Stereo

Premium Member

I don't know if you're interested but I can give you the .dofs for my low-poly police cruiser. It's a 1995 Crown Victoria.

Attached Files:

3. When I think big American car, I do not think 90s. I think 60s, 70s, and early 80s.
  4. Whoa.. a low ploy police car! Can I use this in my latest track? I don't need ini's or anything, it's just going to "sit there" by the roadside :) You will of course be credited. But, how low-poly is it? The track is pretty heavy already..
  5. Stereo

Premium Member

I think it's 1100 on the body, 200-250/wheel? And sure if you want it.

I didn't centre the objects at all. If I'm missing any important textures just tell me. (why is the .rar attachment limit 145KB?) Unliveried version of the texture at http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6505/crownvicblank.png since I guess you might not want the S.F.P.D. scheme.

Attached Files:

6. I converted the Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham Limousine last year, but the quality of the interior was bad, so I deleted it :D
  7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

If your file is too large for the attachment system there is a download section available for Racer. Much larger files are aloud in that area. You can then link back to the download page in your posts :)

8. Thanks! Looks great, a perfect match for the track - so you better watch your speed or you might end up as Kowalski ;) The one wheel was 0 byte though.. policeright.dof - but I can make my own..

EDIT: that was quick.. there we are now, all 4 wheels in place. Maybe I should grab an ini too, use as an AI to chase / be chased by.. heh.. this is fun :)

EDIT2: And now it is included in the track. Looks really good and puts a scare into anyone who cruises the parkinglot :)
    Image here: http://www.racedepartment.com/racer/28355-post-pictures-thread-part-1-a-37.html#post512560

Attached Files:

9. i have many big cars as very old projects, i have plan to update and release almost all.

Attached Files:

10. that limo and that dodge RAM are super cool!!
    YES.. please release:wink:
  11. ohhh yes i agree and thanks for the overwhelming response to my thread and Stero if you dont mind id surely like to take on that cruiser as a project maybe try my hand at improveing it Does it have an ini yet?
  12. hey peoples any more news or projects going on regarding original post?
  13. amgfan, you have to release that monster truck, it looks EVIL! :p
  14. Dodge Ram is must have! (==
  15. Wow, that Dodge Ram looks nice! Wanna try it out.

Edit: Damn, doublepost cause network issues. Not very familiar with vBulletin forums, (offtopic) how i delete posts?
  16. hello peoples i have good news regarding my first post i have managed to get a model into racer but textureing it correctly is a pain its the Regina from GTA San Andreas i have it on amgfans recently released impalla it actually feels fairly correct on that ini with no adjustment im working on trying to just get a texture on it and get all the parts correctly showing up if anyone wants to help its much appericated i have plans to convert a few more cars and hopefully release then since they are just simple models from the game also i should point out these are special converts from SA to vc as part of a mod the author who converted them doesent care what someones does with them in the readme so i see no problem in releasing them although i will not release current car without amgfans permission to use his sounds and ini as a base
  17. hehehe what?
  18. KS95

RACER Moderator

I have decided to introduce something to you, the full stop. <-- that dot. Please use it once in a while!
  19. XD sadly due to a tragic accident it nolonger functions on my keyboard but ill try cutting and pasting one where needed sorry for the gibberish and yes amg i have a car set up on the ini fo your impala atleast it says you converted it Anyway . <-- [see i used dot ;P] as i was saying its just a basic bodyshell right now and would love help figuring out how in the heck to texture it . <-- [see i used dot again ;P]
  20. KS95

RACER Moderator

Yes, it really is tragic. And you still don't use it enough xD Commas too, use them!..