Laptime feedback please

Ok so far I have adjusted camber, tire pressure...still a work in progress.

Track: Knutstorp
Car: Audi A4
Time: 1:06.58

I done about 13 laps in practice and another 3 laps in qualifying, got pole but got dq for not changing tyres, for some reason the pit stop I did...didnt change my tyres =/

So what do you think about the time?

please note this is my first attempt at a setup and my first time playing race on.

I cant run a wheel my desk and chair setup would make it impossible, plus my mum would go mental if i bought a wheel, she hates gaming.

Thats Mum's for you, lol. A wheel seriously brings this game alive, that said I run the Race Series on more than one machine so I can race with mates when they come round - and my laptop is not on a desk/chair setup where a wheel can be easily used so at the moment I have a wireless XBOX 360 controller, although in the past I have had PS2 controllers and a non-Sony PS3 controller setup. Thing to remember here is that what works for a wheel might give less useful results on a hand controller - and what works for one person on either may not work for another - I have different control setups for different peoples preferences.

A final point about your mum hating gaming - yes it can become an addiction, yes it can take over your life, if you let it - but at least its not drugs or alcohol.... Also a Logitech Digital Force Pro can be found on the internet for around £30 so not mega expensive, but I DO accept that £30 might as well be £3000 when you just aint got it to spare, thats a harsh reality of life unfortunately - perhaps your christmas list - but dont just put gaming wheel - put Gaming Wheel - so I get the physical exercise while gaming too (like a Wi-fit!) - if she disputes the exercise 'excuse' sit her in front of a Force feedback wheel for 15 minutes with Full FFB on - I guarantee aching shoulders!

Thats Mum's for you, lol. A wheel seriously brings this game alive, that said I run the Race Series on more than one machine so I can race with mates when they come round - and my laptop is not on a desk/chair setup where a wheel can be easily used so at the moment I have a wireless XBOX 360 controller, although in the past I have had PS2 controllers and a non-Sony PS3 controller setup. Thing to remember here is that what works for a wheel might give less useful results on a hand controller - and what works for one person on either may not work for another - I have different control setups for different peoples preferences.

A final point about your mum hating gaming - yes it can become an addiction, yes it can take over your life, if you let it - but at least its not drugs or alcohol.... Also a Logitech Digital Force Pro can be found on the internet for around £30 so not mega expensive, but I DO accept that £30 might as well be £3000 when you just aint got it to spare, thats a harsh reality of life unfortunately - perhaps your christmas list - but dont just put gaming wheel - put Gaming Wheel - so I get the physical exercise while gaming too (like a Wi-fit!) - if she disputes the exercise 'excuse' sit her in front of a Force feedback wheel for 15 minutes with Full FFB on - I guarantee aching shoulders!

she would rather I got rid of my pc went clubbing and start a family...but anyways lol.

The way my desk setup is I see no room to attach a wheel and pedals, I might just buy a rumbleforce 2 logitech gamepad because I can hit decent times with one, as said in my signature...so atm I can do without a wheel.

she would rather I got rid of my pc went clubbing and start a family...

Lol, Mum's ehh - there great - and it don't change, however old you get.. but you do come to appreciate them more and more, and when you have kids of your own you start to undersand that crazy desire to one day be a Granddad or Grandma too.....oh dear my brains gone to mush with old age...

Great going on the lap time there m8, keep it up.

As mentioned in this thread the Leaderboard doesn't include any times for Knutstorp - this is because the leaderboard can only pull times from RD Servers and maybe a Knutstorp Event has not been raced in an event yet - Not sure if it would work, but if you entered the RD Casual server, when its empty, then voted through to Knutstorp and ran qualify, you may well find that Knutstorp and your time during that session will appear on the leaderboards. Note its not updated live so there is a delay in times getting to leaderboards and I honestly don't know if the casual servers are reporting times back to the leaderboards. Maybe ADMIN could advise here? Have posted in casual server thread asking this question.

Just been looking at the leaderboards - there is a Ring Knutstorp there and times for an Alfa 156 best 103.686 - is this the same track?

That was in the cold lap competition so no practice, simbin setups only.

I've done a 1:02.2xx in the A4, but that was ages ago so I could do a low 1:01 now I'm pretty sure.

Read the thread through first :)

And Jason did you really do a 59.1 at Knutstorp! Thats crazy!

I've attached a image of the top 10 times around Knutstorp from our server, the server is set to pro. Think i'm doing 1:02.081 and cant see it getting any faster ever lol :sarcastic:

Attachments

• knutfastest.jpg
    knutfastest.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 174

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%