1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lapped car gifted top4 finish

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by lionsol, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Hi everyone.

Well, there I am bombing around Melbourne in 8th place with my Lotus team-mate (Trulli) in 21st. As I round the last corner, my engineer announces that I've been bumped to 9th. How?, I cry, I've not been passed by anyone!?

Checking the results I see that Trulli, who I passed earlier in the race, has been gifted 4th spot. Evidently, he was lapped by top 3 (Webber, Hamilton, Vettel) and crossed the line before real 4th placed guy (Petrov) but got classed as 4th, dropping everybody else down a place.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so, do you think it might be corrected in the upcoming patch? A pretty serious issue in terms of race result/championship standings. This was running a full race.

Can't believe how cheated I feel!

2. That happened to me in aus also, i was running 10th but on the last 2 corners the engineer told me to get the place back, I thought huh?

3. This is because: "Trulli is a lot faster than you - come in and copy his setups." I'm sure your engineer has told you this and you ignored him. Had you done so you could have flown round a lap in 0secs like he did and finished above him.
    I am wondering how I was following Schumacher on the last lap of Monaco about 8sec behind. I went into the tunnel, all clear, came out and I was in front of him. I almost felt sorry for the old man - haha.
    Just one of the many bugs in the race - have you reported it to CM?

4. did you get any time penalties as this can seriously affect your time 10 secs penalties can cost you 4 or 5 places

5. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

I have seen Chandook finish in 4th place after I took a win at Melbourne.