Lap timing problem on my map.

T

thren

• thren

Ive made a figure 8 track, (as an open track.)
Ive since, also made one as a closed track as a test, and the same problem arises, so I think the problem is caused by the track cross over.

It takes 2 laps to get the timer working. 1st lap no timer, 2nd lap timer starts. Ive seen a previous post about a similar problem with a normal open track, do you think the work around for that problem would resolve my issue?

Also, Im wondering if someone could help me with start and pit lights.........
chub_pearson was kind enough to send me a tutorial from the RSC site on getting them into my track with 3dsimed (I have the full version) but after 2 days of trying to get the damn things to work, Im running out of hair to pull out ;)
I have them in my map but the things just dont "light up".

Thanks in advance for any help..
Cheers

I can't help with the timing issue, but regards the start lights, can you post some more details? Such as
Do you see the light gantry in rFactor?
Do the lights just stay blank?
Do you hear a klaxon going off at the start?
The startlight and startglow gmt files are in your track scn file?

My best advice is to go back to the start and do it over again. The first time I did it, I had a couple of similar hair tearing moments - well, I would have done if I had any left to tear! - but it was more familiar the second time and all worked out ok :act-up:

• thren

Do you see the light gantry in rFactor?
yes

Do the lights just stay blank?
yes

Do you hear a klaxon going off at the start?
yes

The startlight and startglow gmt files are in your track scn file?
Instance=startlight
{
VisGroups=(32)
MeshFile=startlight.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

My best advice is to go back to the start and do it over again.
Tried re-doing it about 8 times so far :)
Ive also tried just importing lights from toban.

I have noticed that when I try following the tut, after cutting and pasting animation stuff, that only the green lights are "highlighted" the red lights stay dull.
I managed to get the below ones by extracting them from toban to all be highlighted.

Tried again this arvo, here is screen shot , the lights dont change, they just look like this. claxton sounds etc.

gridstartlights.png

Also, the 4 lights are in the same spot (spacing as Toban, so I didnt need to add the 4 separatly as per tut )

Thanks for the help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing