Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota

Cars Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oops, yeah, 38/40 is for Streets and the 90s are 43/45. :redface:

See if that doesn't help with the heating - I just ran 5 laps @ Highlands (nice, heat-generating corners in that one) and everything seemed totally normal to me. 26C/Clear/Optimum, cold pressures 34/35, hot pressures came up to 43/45 with an occasional jump to 46 in the back when i got a bit drifty. Once they were up to temp they held steady for 3 laps.

Keep in mind that despite all the carbon fiber it's still a heavy car. A little more than 60% of that weight is over the rear wheels. And it's pushing 595bhp. It's not going to be easy on its tires in the best of circumstances, but I don't think it's too bad.

See if that doesn't help with the heating - I just ran 5 laps @ Highlands (nice, heat-generating corners in that one) and everything seemed totally normal to me. 26C/Clear/Optimum, cold pressures 34/35, hot pressures came up to 43/45 with an occasional jump to 46 in the back when i got a bit drifty. Once they were up to temp they held steady for 3 laps.

Keep in mind that despite all the carbon fiber it's still a heavy car. A little more than 60% of that weight is over the rear wheels. And it's pushing 595bhp. It's not going to be easy on its tires in the best of circumstances, but I don't think it's too bad.
For the record my pressures/temps were pretty stable around a few canyon laps (around 85km)... and it has some extremely fast.. long corners... and a few tighter ones... So I'm pretty sure you've got everything spot on! :) I think I was getting around 44 (hot) and temps stayed in the green. I didn't really notice much more though, as I was trying not to go flying lol

But I made it round twice... So that proves the tyres work well ;)

Aiight then the pressures might have been a little but on the low side then. I'll try again and see if I can maintain good temps :)

I wonder how difficult will be to find a proper Jota sound with it's original open muffler instead of the SE30's street legal part. Most clips seem to have 3rd party ones.

I tried driving this on the Nordschleife last night on the 90s street tires. I failed miserably, lol. That's what I get for always driving high(er) downforce race cars on slicks all the time.

I was implying that it can't be pushed like something with slicks and big wings, that's all. Nothing wrong with the tires or car, just me over driving it.

No problem at all - I just ran it at the skidpad to test the grip and thought I'd share results. :)

I don't have any RL skidpad numbers on the SE30 that I can recall, but the VT was in the low/mid 0.9s so the 0.99-1.01 I'm seeing here satisfies me.

A note about the brakes: the early Diablos were known for having catastrophic braking. The whole system was just... inadequate. The problem is masked a bit on the SE30/Jota thanks to the lighter weight, but even then they weren't known for having great brakes. It wasn't until the Audi facelift in 1999 (?) that the brakes were revised and made "proper."

Hi,
referring to @A3DR's question in the review section, what I meant was this:
diablo.PNG

diablo_real.jpg

in the game it looks completely black, without depth, just a plain black texture
It only stands out because the rest of the interior is of the absolutely highest quality.

Last edited:
There's actually geometry there in the model, it just doesn't look like it as it's all deep in shadow. Maybe a bit more ambient lighting under there would help?

Hi,
referring to @A3DR's question in the review section, what I meant was this:
View attachment 195688
View attachment 195689

in the game it looks completely black, without depth, just a plain black texture
It only stands out because the rest of the interior is of the absolutely highest quality.

Added paypal link to description: https://www.paypal.me/a3dr

I know what you mean now, thing is, all the ambient occlusion is calculated in the same way for all the parts, so naturally the whole gauge cluster is in shadow most of the time. Had to fake that a bit to make it more notorious, otherwise hardly any light hits it.

This is what it looks like most of the time now:
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_skidpad05_10-6-117-8-8-58.jpg

Had to be subtle, because when light hits it, it looks like this:
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota_skidpad05_10-6-117-8-10-23.jpg

I cannot light it up more than that, it'll be unnatural, as the plastic is already lighter than it should be.

I know this may seem like a silly question, but did you ever consider doing a regular Lamborghini Diablo SE30 and then adding the mechanical changes to make a Jota as well? Two Lambos for the price of one, almost. I'm no expert, but I believe the two cars are identical externally, no? I don't know how much additional work this would have been for @aphidgod. I'm aware of the power difference, of course, but off the top of my head I can't recall any other major differences between the two. Oh, I think the Jota ran an open exhaust which is a big reason it wasn't street legal everywhere. Transmission, suspension - I don't know if there were any differences there...Oh, the plain SE30 would have weighed a little more.

I'm of the opinion that a man can never have too many Lamborghinis. So crazy thoughts like these bounce around my dome from time to time. :D Once again...This Jota looks so bada$$ and it drives like a dream. With 90s Street tires on, I am absolutely terrified...and I'm 100% positive that I would be absolutely terrified if I got behind the wheel of a real SE30 Jota. :cool:

It's basically just the engine kit between them. (The Jota kits that were sold separately were just the engine parts and possibly badging. I've seen pictures of one in its original crates.) IMO it's not worth it.

Ahhhh...I see. I didn't really know much about the SE30 or SE30 Jota until a few years ago. I read up on 'em a little bit, but I obviously didn't retain all that I read. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%