Tracks Lake Louise V2.0 - 23km/50km Mountain Epic [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome mate. I don't want to pull you too far from your line of creation...because you are on to something in the way the corners link together as a sequence, I am beginning to realize that the more I drive this track, intelligent design that deserves FULL credit and reward. I personally love the "compound apexes" the best so far. ... the ones where the road goes up and down while going through a corner and the car gains negative g's for a second. One other thing that might be cool to do, design wise on the road itself, may be to add in a few banked corners; although that may not be realistic.

On another note and vibe. Have you thought about adding in a fork in the road, in which you could literally, for example, take an alternate route along the road that cuts through a new part of the terrain. Maybe more road signs, like intelligently thought (and I'm sure you are up for this) signs that accurately indicate the type of corner coming up, or even elevation markers.

Hmm, what else...Like you said in an earlier post, Is something I am excited to see, snow as you rise in elevation to give you the feel that we are in the "alpine zone" and merging into a new element (ice and snow) would be very cool. Or...maybe a huge fallen tree that lays across the road that we can ride under, (although that may be just too far out) , not sure.

In any case, I am sure your new update will be epic. I have a feeling Assetto Corsa guys will catch wind of this eventually man, good stuff and some great talent !

[ Hawk ]

On a rift this track is fantastic. When I'm driving around looking up at the mountain peaks there seem to be platforms or some kind of construction on the peaks. It would be great if there was a stop off/observation point near the highest point where I could drive off the road, park the Shelby and stop off for a non-alchoholic beverage!!

It would be great if there was a stop off/observation point near the highest point where I could drive off the road, park the Shelby and stop off for a non-alchoholic beverage!!

Why don't you have beer or two. I have been speeding around these roads for weeks now and I have never seen any police. ;):laugh:

An update for you fans. I haven't given up on Lake Louise yet, on the contrary I've been working my ass off on my few days off on this. Placed about 400 road signs and maybe 20km worth of guard rail. Mind numbing work I tell ya! Now there are road signs for both directions of travel on all the roads, plus a new lake side loop which allows for racing, 2-3 minutes a lap.
The new mountain road is complete, just need some textures and it's done. As you can see the view is rather nice ;) Tested that road for a couple weeks and made many tweaks so it'll be exciting and fun to drive. Still working on the new highway though, lots of work left there.

ellZRkI.png

New highway loop still under testing
O1DEtKp.png

The new mountain pass with crazy views, tunnels, and more jumps!
CdmRxv2.png

Hotel on the right , new highway in foreground

A new 2-3 minute loop is around the lake itself.
The highway portion is an additional 16km or so, it bypasses 11km of the original loop, so a net lap of 28km.

The "Crowsnest" mountain road is 8km and bypasses the same 11km of the original loop, net lap of 20km.

The interesting thing about the 3 layouts, 20/23/28km is that the lap time of all 3 will be almost exactly the same (depending on the car 's strength), so it'll be fun in mp to take which ever route you want.

In addition to the 3 long layouts, there's the short lake side loop as i mentioned earlier, plus a grand loop which drives through all the roads of the track in one lap, 23+8+16=47km total!

So 5 layouts total, plus I'd like to release a downhill touge version of the Crowsnest road as well.

No ETA. Considering I put in almost 30 hours in the last 4 days and only went from 35% complete to maybe 60%... and the fact that I won't be having many days off the next 2 months means it'll be quite a ways off yet.

Trust me, I'm very eager to get this over with.. can't wait to drive those new supercars on the highway and drift that new mountain road. Working on the track is a lot less fun than driving!

This track has made a lot of fans, I have a feeling theyll be showing you exactly how much we all like it. Cheers man, on what is my fav road to drive, and it will be yours as well I'm sure. For a guy that just picked this up, it gives us dreamers a bit of hope.

Some previews from the latest WIP build. Link to this playable build will be sent to everyone who generously donated (uploading in progress overnight, should be done tomorrow). If you've donated, you will have access to all beta builds and the final V2.0 Premium version as well. The Premium 50km version will be "pay whatever you like". And for those who cannot contribute, don't worry, you'll still get a very much updated 23km loop of V2 with multiple layouts when it is ready, for free.

I'm now in the process of retexturing everything, so pardon the dust ;)

c9x00W5.jpg

New hotel, lake side, pit lane

7oC8SlY.jpg

Highway loop bridges

dU3lqF9.jpg

Going to the ski hill

BXTAA7i.jpg

Curved bridge on the highway loop

IV7rZ8g.jpg

New mountain side avalanche tunnel

p1FUr97.jpg

Tea house on top of the mountain looking down at the lake

A6sGouF.jpg

Ski lodge and ski lift

Hi guys, just an update here in case you don't visit the official AC forum. Version 2 of the track is now in closed beta testing for all who generously donated. The first post had been updated with some new videos and info of version 2.

Although it is pretty much a never ending task to improve this track, I will be releasing version 2 in the near future. I do plan on making it more visually appealing after the release as well, but after working on such a big project by myself over 12 months I gotta draw the line some where and release it.

Next tasks before release will be to record the new AI lines for the new layouts, stay tuned!

Thanks for all the support and comments, hope you have a nice time driving around this mountain road :) - Lucas

Version 2 is coming along nicely. In the final phase now, recording AI lines, finishing up reverb settings (yes it sounds amazing in the tunnels!). Shouldn't be long until it is released!

Took some screenshots for the track selection screens:

JFnSmIi.png

Crowsnest loop

569L7w8.png

Crowsnest Hill Climb

shpmuvc.png

Grand loop

62M7HzN.png

Highway loop

6FHSgjN.png

Lake side loop

VPsi4Xb.png

West downhill

9hhuqJb.png

Lake Louise loop road

Just a reminder that the updated 23km loop road (with new corners, new different pavement sections, new 3d objects and pit lane) will be free to play for all. Additional new roads (for a total of 50km) is "pay whatever you like" for all those who generously support this crazy 1 man scratch made project!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years