1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lagspikes!

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Rob van Starkenburg, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Hello, im experiancing lagspikes wich are really effecting driving. I dont know since when i got this problem but its getting really annoying now.

Im running rfactor on 200 to 500 frames per second so thats not the problem. But one thing i found out is really wierd to me. I got 8 cores, rfactor only uses 4 cores 1/3/5/7. Now the 1st one is maxing out all the time when driving. The other three are working a littlebit. Maby that has something to do with the problem.

The lagspikes are short but while they are happening i cant shift. And when steering into the corner the car wont do anything until the lagspike is gone. So i miss the inside of the corner a lot of times because of that.

If anyone knows how to fix this, post a commend here. Ore contact me via mail ore msn if you have me.

2. Rob, are you using the fullproc parameter?

3. David Armstrong

David Armstrong
    Premium Member

Have you under/overclocked either your CPU or GFX card? This can occasionally cause problems with rF online.

4. hehe, i dont even know what a fullproc parameter is.
    And im not overclocking anything, thats the wierd thing about it.
    I dident change anything.

5. Does it happen on other games? If you play any ;)

6. CoD: Black Ops

7. Stefan I hope you are right, because I`ve got these symptoms too.

8. Try loading the game adding +fullproc at the end (eg. "C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFactor.exe" +fullproc ). You can also activate it from FSR Manager by clicking the "Fullproc command" checkbox. That setting allows rFactor to take better advantage of multi-core CPUs. Not sure if it will solve your lagspikes but it should at least avoid maxing out one core at 100% all the time.

9. One program i knew of that it was creating lagspikes was msn. But still i had it sometimes even msn on. I dident install new software ore anything.

I cleaned up my pc by removing dust, since then i dont have any problems.

Ron: Black ops SUCKS!!!

And i play other games.
    Battlefield 3 :D Only chadows on medium, the rest maxed out. 60/90 FPS constantly.

10. I said it cos the game is lagging as well