• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Lagspikes!

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Rob van Starkenburg, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Rob van Starkenburg

Rob van Starkenburg

Ratings:
    +70
    Hello, im experiancing lagspikes wich are really effecting driving. I dont know since when i got this problem but its getting really annoying now.

Im running rfactor on 200 to 500 frames per second so thats not the problem. But one thing i found out is really wierd to me. I got 8 cores, rfactor only uses 4 cores 1/3/5/7. Now the 1st one is maxing out all the time when driving. The other three are working a littlebit. Maby that has something to do with the problem.

The lagspikes are short but while they are happening i cant shift. And when steering into the corner the car wont do anything until the lagspike is gone. So i miss the inside of the corner a lot of times because of that.

If anyone knows how to fix this, post a commend here. Ore contact me via mail ore msn if you have me.

2. Christian Smirnoff

Christian Smirnoff

Ratings:
    +240
    Rob, are you using the fullproc parameter?

3. Scrambles

Scrambles
    Mower of Lawns Premium

Ratings:
    +610
    Have you under/overclocked either your CPU or GFX card? This can occasionally cause problems with rF online.

4. Rob van Starkenburg

Rob van Starkenburg

Ratings:
    +70
    hehe, i dont even know what a fullproc parameter is.
    And im not overclocking anything, thats the wierd thing about it.
    I dident change anything.

5. Jonathan Holmes

Jonathan Holmes

Ratings:
    +255
    Does it happen on other games? If you play any ;)

6. Ron Squire

Ron Squire

Ratings:
    +950
    CoD: Black Ops

7. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +769
  8. Tamas Vargyasi

Tamas Vargyasi

Ratings:
    +91
    Stefan I hope you are right, because I`ve got these symptoms too.

9. Christian Smirnoff

Christian Smirnoff

Ratings:
    +240
    Try loading the game adding +fullproc at the end (eg. "C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFactor.exe" +fullproc ). You can also activate it from FSR Manager by clicking the "Fullproc command" checkbox. That setting allows rFactor to take better advantage of multi-core CPUs. Not sure if it will solve your lagspikes but it should at least avoid maxing out one core at 100% all the time.

10. Rob van Starkenburg

Rob van Starkenburg

Ratings:
    +70
    One program i knew of that it was creating lagspikes was msn. But still i had it sometimes even msn on. I dident install new software ore anything.

I cleaned up my pc by removing dust, since then i dont have any problems.

Ron: Black ops SUCKS!!!

And i play other games.
    Battlefield 3 :D Only chadows on medium, the rest maxed out. 60/90 FPS constantly.

11. Ron Squire

Ron Squire

Ratings:
    +950
    I said it cos the game is lagging as well