AC LaFerrari @ Spa - Saturday, October 18th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh my! this is sad... the power went off, i mean something happened and i get a shutdown.
I was in the booking. Then i tried to join U all, and you were in practice, but i couldn't join.
Shame!
Maybe next time... have fun guys :cry:

• Deleted member 130869

Well that makes it 3 for 3 at RD that I get collected :(.

Oh my! this is sad... the power went off, i mean something happened and i get a shutdown.
I was in the booking. Then i tried to join U all, and you were in practice, but i couldn't join.
Shame!
Maybe next time... have fun guys :cry:

I think I got lucky. I booked around 7:15 MDT. And shut the game down. Left to watch a football game. Got back just in time to see it still wanted me to book. Made it in under the wire.

Perhaps leaving the game makes the booking null and void?

I think the booking disappears when closing the game only if the booking period hasn't ended yet. Once the session starts and booking ends, your booking remains as long as the session is running, even if you shut the game down.

Anyway, fun race guys. Had no pace to match Thomas but his tip to turn off TC might help with getting close to his sort of times in the future. Had a fun time trying to keep Fernando behind which I managed to do after he had a scary moment into Pouhon late in the race. Don't think I would have held on if that didn't happen so lucky me. :p

Thanks Ryan for the event. :)

That makes sense now. At the time I rationalized shutting it down would be fine, lol.

Lesson learned.

Fun race, thanks Ryan.

@Jaime Aleman right before we bumped at the chicane, did I disappear/warp to you? I was just looking at the replay, and from the replay it looks like you disappeared for a fraction of a second and @Ken Baldwin warped in front of me at the same time. Since I was recording via shadowplay, my connection Quality dropped from 100 down to 95 for a second. It was also the exact same time that it I seemed to become invisible to the server (AC bug).

I have a feeling that some internet connection wobble is caused it and probably factored into what happened at the chicane.

After the bump, I wasn't sure if my car was toast, but I kinda limped it along. It made Eau Rouge hairier that normal, and getting around some corners tough. REALLY don't know how the heck I was able to post a personal best time with the car damaged like that.

Edit: Has the losing a booking spot if your computer shuts down a new thing with the RC? I thought it didn't used to be like that?

Last edited:
Fun race, good combination of car and track.

At practice and part of qualyfing I was struggling big time because I was using the wrong tire choice. I even activate TC and ABS trying to figure out what was wrong. After setting the right tires the car came alive, but I forgot to remove the driving aids. I may be a bit faster with TC off as I use the power to help rotate the car. Still the car is a joy to drive. It may require some fixes in order to feel what it is doing. Its amazing how fast this monster can go.

Race was fun. I had a crash and my windsheld was broken making very difficult to see my braking points. On the replay, I can see the car damaged, is not the best but is a nice addition. I am quiet happy with it.

Are we ready for Monza :confused: ????? :p

I was looking around in the official RD skin pack and there didn't seem to be any for the LaFerrari. However, Sunny Sky Speed made a starter kit that features a number of alternate color combinations of this sweet ride. Thought perhaps you guys might want to snag it so we can all be something other than eight shades of red. :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/laferrari-starter-skin-pack.3620/
There doesn't need to be a skinpack for individual cars. I've already updated our Skin thread with the LaFerrari ones - link.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%