LaFerrari handling

Anyone else feel like the LaFerrari badly understeers and lacks grip? I was willing to chalk it up at first to me not being used to driving the car but then I decided to jump into a race with 5 Pagani Huayra's against 5 LaFerrari's and I was driving one of the Huayra's. One thing I noticed right away is that the LaFerrari is a bit quicker than the Huayra in the straights which is what I would expect but can't keep up with the Huayra through the turns. The LaFerrari had to slow down so much for the turns that they just couldn't keep up with me at all. That doesn't seem right since the LaFerrari should be a much better track car than the Huayra given that it weighs less and makes more power and has more technology in it than the Huayra. At the end of the race, all of the Huayra's finished ahead of the LaFerrari's.

I'm thinking this car is going to need some tweaking before its right.

Imho this is one of the most fun cars to drive, in fact I think it is my new favourite car in the game.
I do agree that it is a bit understeered but - as said above - it has so much power that it is easy to simply go much too fast into the turns and then the front end plows straight ahead.

Other than that I love the sheer power and handling of it and how well balanced it feels, especially out of turns and the fact that it almost never does any weird snaps when provoked.

(Only use ABS at factory setting, everything else off.)

Ummm, I tried the car first time today, and went straight into Snoopy's Green Hell. I set the front tyres to maximum negative camber. First lap I crashed. Second lap 7:15.xxx, a couple of laps later it was 7:06.xxx. Then I was going for sub 7min time, when I crashed spectaculary at Mutkurve. Enough fun for today.:)

Didn't see anything wrong with the car. Reaching 350 km/h at Antonius Bridge is sweet.

Because of the ridiculous speeds it reaches, you need to brake super early, when you get it to correct speed it actually turns in quite sharply for a road car imo.

Keep in mind that i usually run the car in "factory" settings, if you are turning off ABS or TC things may vary.

@Leonardo....
I did notice the extremely early braking to get the top speed down.
My issue is how slow the car has to be going, simply to get it to turn.
I'd expect costing that much and built to compete against cars like McLaren's P1, it'd turn in as well and at similar speed.
I was down in the 70 mph range and it still would not go through an increasing radius properly.
I will admit I have ABS and TC disabled in the .ini file.

For me car is pretty well simulated, it behaves like a sporty road car should behave, have any of you guys watch the speed you make those corners you say "it's understeery?", don't expect to do a chicane at 200 km/h, this is not Need for Speed :)

Maybe when you go for LaFerrari you came from a previous racing grippy car, which implies you need to adjust your driving to the road handling car...

@Leonardo....
I did notice the extremely early braking to get the top speed down.
My issue is how slow the car has to be going, simply to get it to turn.
I'd expect costing that much and built to compete against cars like McLaren's P1, it'd turn in as well and at similar speed.
I was down in the 70 mph range and it still would not go through an increasing radius properly.
I will admit I have ABS and TC disabled in the .ini file.
We don't know how the P1 handles yet.

It's still a road car, it's tires aren't proper slicks, it has huge amounts of pitch and roll compared to a GT racer, it stands at a comfortable ride height (unlike the P1 in this department).

It's not suppoused to be as grippy as the Ferrari GT2.

For me car is pretty well simulated, it behaves like a sporty road car should behave, have any of you guys watch the speed you make those corners you say "it's understeery?", don't expect to do a chicane at 200 km/h, this is not Need for Speed :)

Maybe when you go for LaFerrari you came from a previous racing grippy car, which implies you need to adjust your driving to the road handling car...

Maybe the Pagani Huarya isn't known to be a racing grippy car and I still feel like it handles better than the LaFerrari to me. I'm glad some of you are enjoying the LaFerrari, I'm just not impressed with it in its current form in this game.

On a side note, the Alfa Romeo has been a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

Maybe the Pagani Huarya isn't known to be a racing grippy car and I still feel like it handles better than the LaFerrari to me. I'm glad some of you are enjoying the LaFerrari, I'm just not impressed with it in its current form in this game.
On a side note, the Alfa Romeo has been a lot more fun than I expected it to be.
100% agree. LaFerrari feel like a average street car. Use it for 10 min and forget it.

I like the Huarya too but to me it feels much too "twitchy" and unpredictable (which can be fun in it's own way) compared to the La.

(Haven't tried the Alfa at all yet, I'm afraid it will break down on the outlap.... ;) )

Here's a slow lap of Spa in the LaFerrari at default settings minus the ABS and TC.
Notice how early ahead of the upcoming corner I have to brake and how much the car pushes into the turn.
I left the basic speed and gear information up. Some of the corner are taken really slow.

I like the Huarya too but to me it feels much too "twitchy" and unpredictable (which can be fun in it's own way) compared to the La.

(Haven't tried the Alfa at all yet, I'm afraid it will break down on the outlap.... ;) )

You haven't missed much (regarding the Alfa). Not a massive fan of the LaFerrari either to be brutally honest. Would much prefer to see more race cars rather than hypercars/road cars.

Audi R8 being the exception of course. Would love to see the R18 too :)

100% agree. LaFerrari feel like a average street car. Use it for 10 min and forget it.
Kinda agree with you.
It seems something is not right with LaFerrari engine torque, it takes too long to achieve a decent power. I mean, at lower revs the engine does not have power at all.
And the sound let's be honest, what we have in game its not the true LaFerrari beautiful sound, not even close.
Also, 458 S3 smoking LaFerrari with AI at 100% ??
[Video removed]
Nah, something is not right.

Last edited:
Here's a slow lap of Spa in the LaFerrari at default settings minus the ABS and TC.
Notice how early ahead of the upcoming corner I have to brake and how much the car pushes into the turn.
I left the basic speed and gear information up. Some of the corner are taken really slow.

I'm afraid part of the understeer is related to the driving. You are steering too much at some points, and at other points you are still steering into the corner whilst you already hit the apex. Your driving into the corners too deep, making the LF understeer. Furthermore, you could try to use the weight shifting to rotate at entry a bit, not apply power before apex and coast briefly while turning in.

It won't turn the LF into a grippy front end driving car, but it will drive miles better than this video. If I find the time, I'll try to make a video with what I mean.

I'm afraid part of the understeer is related to the driving. You are steering too much at some points, and at other points you are still steering into the corner whilst you already hit the apex. Your driving into the corners too deep, making the LF understeer. Furthermore, you could try to use the weight shifting to rotate at entry a bit, not apply power before apex and coast briefly while turning in.

It won't turn the LF into a grippy front end driving car, but it will drive miles better than this video. If I find the time, I'll try to make a video with what I mean.

I would like to see that actually. Would you be giving tips, because I find that I'm understeering too much with this car and I'm just not sure what to do, aside from taking a corner at a much slower entry speed than I'd like. Saying that, as I was driving around Spa just now, I found him very stable if you keep the power on.

Also, @bazingaracer is right. As I just said, I've not long finished playing with the LaFerrari and the Lotus Eleven GT4. Even the Lotus has better acceleration when you pull away in 1st :/

Something is definitely odd with the LaF, which is why I think that we shouldn't get too accustomed to it. I'm hoping there will be some updates in the near future which will fix it, I don't think it's anything we're doing wrong, but hey, what do I know, I've never driven the real deal :p

Kinda agree with you.
It seems something is not right with LaFerrari engine torque, it takes too long to achieve a decent power. I mean, at lower revs the engine does not have power at all.
And the sound let's be honest, what we have in game its not the true LaFerrari beautiful sound, not even close.
Also, 458 S3 smoking LaFerrari with AI at 100% ??
LaFerrari Smoked
Nah, something is not right.
It would be more interesting to see two human drivers of roughly equal skill drive these cars head to head, the quality of the AI does vary a lot from car to car. Remember the trouble Kunos had with the 98T.

Anyone else feel like the LaFerrari badly understeers and lacks grip? I was willing to chalk it up at first to me not being used to driving the car but then I decided to jump into a race with 5 Pagani Huayra's against 5 LaFerrari's and I was driving one of the Huayra's. One thing I noticed right away is that the LaFerrari is a bit quicker than the Huayra in the straights which is what I would expect but can't keep up with the Huayra through the turns. The LaFerrari had to slow down so much for the turns that they just couldn't keep up with me at all. That doesn't seem right since the LaFerrari should be a much better track car than the Huayra given that it weighs less and makes more power and has more technology in it than the Huayra. At the end of the race, all of the Huayra's finished ahead of the LaFerrari's.

I'm thinking this car is going to need some tweaking before its right.

Huayra has more grip...Laferrari has 233hp more,so that's the reason why is quicker in every track.
Laferrari is more fun to drive but if you race with Huayra 1st and then with Laferrari you will understand that Huayra has more grip in every corner

Probably my example is not best and most likely with 2 skilled humans the result would be different. Still I have doubts that the outcome could be much different, unless the track was a straight line, then LaFerrari would win easily just because no other car can achieve up to 350 km/h.
Now in a track with curves probably the result will be close to my demonstration, just because LaFerrari lacks power in low revs and the handling its like we are driving on ice. You are forced to brake too soon and is slow getting out of the curves, that's what I feel..
Still the car is a monster as this [Video removed] clearly demonstrates and the sound with 1.0 RC was quite good.
Anyway, I never drove a LaFerrari and maybe the real one is like what we see in AC.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back