• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Pace???

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Chris Bull, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Chris Bull

Chris Bull

Ratings:
    +21
    I won in Bahrain,Australia and lost in Malaysia and won again in China....When I got to Spain I am at least 8 to 10 seconds off the pace and cannot catch up.
    I am only like this after Patching the game. I decided in the race as I was doing so bad that I would do a spectacular crash and get a DNF. However Next race and Monaco here I come....I love this track and I know it very well But!!!!! I am still 6 seconds off the pace?
    Why is this?
    I am in a Torro Rosso so its not a slow car but its even behind the Virgin and Lotus cars in Spain and Monaco? Why Why Why???

My setup is.
    Windows 7 64bit with
    Intel Quad core
    4Gig Ram
    Geforce GTX260

Plenty to run the game with.

2. Ric Paul

Ric Paul

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry too much about it - the AI drivers are much quicker on some tracks than others, and Catalunya is notorious for that (have a look at some of the other threads on here about it!).

If you need to improve your lap time, get a setup from here, head to the Time Trials in the game and download a ghost that's a couple of seconds faster than you - then see where they're making up the time. When you've equalled or beaten them, repeat with another ghost a second or so quicker again.

(Which should work in theory, but I'll admit that Catalunya is annoying me, too, lol!)

3. Countblue

Countblue

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Its very hard to beat the game on those two tracks. Even with all sims off I dont manage always on AI level Legend.

CB

4. Mark Spaeth

Mark Spaeth

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm terrible at Monaco for this reason. I know the track by heart and get annoyed that I can't keep up. Whereas, I am fine with keeping the pace for my car's proper position on the field, in other races.

5. Stephen Armstrong

Stephen Armstrong

Ratings:
    +31
    I usually just skip spain & monaco :)

6. Simply The Best

Simply The Best

Ratings:
    +0
    Gave up on Monaco. Qualified 6th and then moved up to 3rd in the first lap. When I pitted I got that stupid glitch where I had to wait and wait. I ended up leaving the Pits in 21st. After this pitstops were over, I was in 9th... Lost 6 positions due to that stupid glitch. Then I spun out. Went to 14th and when trying to overtake, I hit his gearbox to hard apparently and got the 10 second penalty. Eventually finished the race in 17th.

7. ongy2k3

ongy2k3

Ratings:
    +0
    Monaco is a very difficult track in my experience. What aids/simulations have you got enabled? I'm pretty sure there's a bug in AI fuel levels, so that might explain somewhat why you're off the pace.