Checked CM, says I've done about 900+km, so over 20 laps worth. I still make plenty of mistakes, but its more to do with overdriving like I do on any other track rather than not knowing the layout now.

Yourself and @garyjpaterson should go head to head... sounds like your cars are from a similar era... and possibly similar lap times and power?

C'mon, 30bhp 50's cheap saloon derived from the 30's, versus a high end sports car with probably doube the horsepower from the late 50s/60s? :roflmao: I don't think thats a fair fight :p

I wouldn't know my ackermann settings from my elbow.... But don't knock your own work ;) It's bound to have some teething problems... As I've said a few times in whatever thread I was in at the time... Rome wasn't built in a day... I'm sure your project will get to where you want it sooner than you think mate :)
this car does not exist in real life, so I don't have any sources to start from. Began as an exercise based on the question "can I make working gullwing doors?" Now I'm doing a lot of tests on the thing, suspension from scratch, special aero controllers, new modelling and texturing techniques and so on. Pretty much how you started L.A Canyons

I'll run some laps in your canyons when I'm home, with the new, non-rattle suspension ;)

Checked CM, says I've done about 900+km, so over 20 laps worth. I still make plenty of mistakes, but its more to do with overdriving like I do on any other track rather than not knowing the layout now.
C'mon, 30bhp 50's cheap saloon derived from the 30's, versus a high end sports car with probably doube the horsepower from the late 50s/60s? :roflmao: I don't think thats a fair fight :p
That's some endurance driving mate :) I wish someone could make an app or script... or Kunos could make a check box or ini setting... that could replace you back to where you come off the track. Would make it less frustrating than going back to the start if you... overcook it and fall off some of the larger tracks.... even when barriers go in it will still be easy to clip the inside terrain and roll it off into a canyon.

IIRC that early Porsche (depending on what version) only had about 40hp, fatter tyres (more friction) and probably had more body weight than your Anglia... So you never know it could balance out... I think the early 356's started life in the late 1940's. You could race for Pink Slips? lol

Last edited:
this car does not exist in real life, so I don't have any sources to start from. Began as an exercise based on the question "can I make working gullwing doors?" Now I'm doing a lot of tests on the thing, suspension from scratch, special aero controllers, new modelling and texturing techniques and so on. Pretty much how you started L.A Canyons

I'll run some laps in your canyons when I'm home, with the new, non-rattle suspension ;)
I like your thinking... Starting with the question..... Can I make...?
That's how Pacific Coast came to be... as my question was... Can I get a track working and driveable in AC... Then I expanded that question a little bit lol
Sounds great that you're getting it rattle free on the larger tracks...
Feel free to post screenshots of any progress here mate... If it's being used around here it's completely topical :) Good luck with it mate

IIRC that early Porsche (depending on what version) only had about 40hp, fatter tyres (more friction) and probably had more body weight than your Anglia... So you never know it could balance out... I think the early 356's started life in the late 1940's. You could race for Pink Slips? lol

Ah yeah, fair enough, there are earlier ones from the late 40's.

Still think they are wildly different classes of car - The Porsche is around 600kg whereas the Anglia is about 800kg, 30% more power, lower drag etc. Both old, low powered cars, but one is a sports car, the other is an economy saloon :p

This is the engine in the Anglia (the bigger one too!) - Yes, trust me, it is in there somewhere :p

qKyGnZjh.jpg

Still think they are wildly different classes of car - The Porsche is around 600kg whereas the Anglia is about 800kg, 30% more power, lower drag etc. Both old, low powered cars, but one is a sports car, the other is an economy saloon :p

This is the engine in the Anglia (the bigger one too!) - Yes, trust me, it is in there somewhere :p
qKyGnZjh.jpg
Could still be an interesting.... "race" up until some cyclists overtake (uphill)
more weight could equal more momentum downhill... I wasn't really seriously saying it would work... but you also never know... But that would also be half an hour of your life you will never get back :p lol

From that photo it looks like the battery is bigger than the engine... Is that battery authentic... wasn't it a hand crank? That'd save a few pounds... If only you could get a starting animation on the grid of all the drivers cranking over their engine... now that would be comical :D

Could still be an interesting.... "race" up until some cyclists overtake (uphill)
more weight could equal more momentum downhill... I wasn't really seriously saying it would work... but you also never know... But that would also be half an hour of your life you will never get back :p lol

From that photo it looks like the battery is bigger than the engine... Is that battery authentic... wasn't it a hand crank? That'd save a few pounds... If only you could get a starting animation on the grid of all the drivers cranking over their engine... now that would be comical :D

Yes its one of the big 6V batteries... complately dead now, need a new one if I want to think about getting it started again. And hand crank, animation working in showroom ;)

Finished my first lap in this (~20:40, staying in the right lane so not really pushing the limits of what a 100hp formula Ford can do) found out that on my previous almost-lap I was very close to the start when I fell off. Kept going a bit for a 2nd lap but the lift oversteer got me, it's hard to keep your foot down when you can see the corner tightening...
SJ6GDyY.jpg

When I'm not pushing the section from 1st to 2nd 'hairpin' after the tunnel seems the best, nice variety of fairly fast flow to it, while pushing the first part's good and that section is kinda lethal.

Then went out in this and got a "15" on the Matt Farah "how fast were you going in numbers that aren't illegal" scale... I think it is probably more his sort of car. Some sort of V8 and wider stance. No need to speak of laptime cause I was very sideways a lot, did complete the circuit though while probably only realistically destroying the car 2 times (that corner near the end, it needs a warning sign. easy 180km/h right in front of a 70, and then slid off the track somewhere else but suffered not at all).
ycTcxRO.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks mate, really glad that you're testing your 356 around here...That car was the beginning of the 911 story wasn't it?... I find it amazing that iconic car was missing from any of the Porsche Packs.. Edit: I've had the running out of fuel situation... I think I rolled it for a good few kilometres! lol. Yourself and @garyjpaterson should go head to head... sounds like your cars are from a similar era... and possibly similar lap times and power?

Still think they are wildly different classes of car - The Porsche is around 600kg whereas the Anglia is about 800kg, 30% more power, lower drag etc. Both old, low powered cars, but one is a sports car, the other is an economy saloon

This is the first one indeed, a 1950 Porsche 356 1100 Coupe Ferdinand. The car had 40bhp and weights about 850kg with driver. Top speed around 140kmh. It's a good match I guess with the Fiat 500 Abarth (standard, not the S2). Started modeling this to keep going and needed a little break from the 911. Physics are still very rough, set the weight, bit of the engine, drivetrain and power.lut (which matched pretty good I think). But I'm by no means a physics expert. No idea how to configure the suspension and tyres for example but I've made a half decent engine sound tbh! :p

Yes its one of the big 6V batteries... complately dead now, need a new one if I want to think about getting it started again. And hand crank, animation working in showroom ;)
That could make for some classic, slightly strange LeMans starts mate... :D
Run to your car and then have to crank it over...

Finished my first lap in this (~20:40, staying in the right lane so not really pushing the limits of what a 100hp formula Ford can do) found out that on my previous almost-lap I was very close to the start when I fell off. Kept going a bit for a 2nd lap but the lift oversteer got me, it's hard to keep your foot down when you can see the corner tightening...
SJ6GDyY.jpg

When I'm not pushing the section from 1st to 2nd 'hairpin' after the tunnel seems the best, nice variety of fairly fast flow to it, while pushing the first part's good and that section is kinda lethal.

Then went out in this and got a "15" on the Matt Farah "how fast were you going in numbers that aren't illegal" scale... I think it is probably more his sort of car. Some sort of V8 and wider stance. No need to speak of laptime cause I was very sideways a lot, did complete the circuit though while probably only realistically destroying the car 2 times (that corner near the end, it needs a warning sign. easy 180km/h right in front of a 70, and then slid off the track somewhere else but suffered not at all).
ycTcxRO.jpg
Nice sideways action mate :)
That's a good idea, to get a moderate speed lap or two in the bank... also can work the other way.... Go maximum grip and try an F1 car... Maybe see if you can beat @garyjpaterson 's 9:39.5... When I get some time I'm going to have a go :)

This is the first one indeed, a 1950 Porsche 356 1100 Coupe Ferdinand. The car had 40bhp and weights about 850kg with driver. Top speed around 140kmh. It's a good match I guess with the Fiat 500 Abarth (standard, not the S2). Started modeling this to keep going and needed a little break from the 911. Physics are still very rough, set the weight, bit of the engine, drivetrain and power.lut (which matched pretty good I think). But I'm by no means a physics expert. No idea how to configure the suspension and tyres for example but I've made a half decent engine sound tbh! :p
That's one gorgeous Komenda design... same guy who designed the 550 IIRC..
If you look at other cars of the same era... they're WAY ahead of their time.
Look forward to seeing that when you get it to a point you're happy with it :)
Maybe try and ask @aphidgod for some physics tips? He's a cool dude and does excellent work with car physics.

Didn't manage to validate a laptime.. but at least i took some pictures :p
nice time driving around as always. The 420r suits the track very well !!
7mod_170503_cup05.jpg

7mod_170503_cup09.jpg

7mod_170503_cup08.jpg
I'm sure you'll get a valid lap in soon... maybe ease off a bit to 9/10's (at least on the Angeles Crest Highway sections) and get one in the bank... even though it's too tempting to floor it. Your 420R is looking awesome fun mate... and love that chrome skin :) and your Knight Rider turbo boost function ;) lol

That first shot is my favourite section of the whole track - it reminds me of Adenaur-Forst.
Yeah mate, I sort of see what you mean... except this one is downhill on the approach, and you can take it flat out. Upper Big T has some of my favourite sections... Along with the slalom section near the end if you take it in a good rhythm... It's easy to get complacent and lose it there though.. The slalom section will be one of the sections to seriously benefit when the barriers go in.

I'm seriously lovin seeing all these ****ing cool car creations being tested round here... And remember... you're not crashing.... you're just testing out your physics and collision meshes... just call it stress testing :D

lol Still looks cool though mate... If you're going to crash... Might as well do it in style... and in a cloud of smoke! :) Nice shots of the S800 going offroad... Hopefully we'll soon be seeing the 512 from similar angles? ;)

When I get some time I will have to try your S800 and Veloce rounds here :)

That's one gorgeous Komenda design... same guy who designed the 550 IIRC..
If you look at other cars of the same era... they're WAY ahead of their time.
Look forward to seeing that when you get it to a point you're happy with it :)
Maybe try and ask @aphidgod for some physics tips? He's a cool dude and does excellent work with car physics.
:D

It is indeed a great looking car/design! I will post something when it's worth showing something. About the physics, I'd love aphidgod to take a look at 356/911 but I think he's already super busy with other projects. Btw I'm experimenting with some road materials/textures/shaders for LA Canyons (got a bit excited), love to try them out on your track, if you want.

C4 for the win! By the way, don't mean to highjack this thread but since there was a C4 recently on the Smoking Tire I guess I have somewhat of a relevance when asking: Which C4 is actually gonna be included for NFS?

The first:

The last:

The regular:

The '93 40th Anniversary ruby:

The design was is and will remain timeless AFAIC.

C4 for the win! By the way, don't mean to highjack this thread but since there was a C4 recently on the Smoking Tire I guess I have somewhat of a relevance when asking: Which C4 is actually gonna be included for NFS?

The first:

The last:

The regular:

The '93 40th Anniversary ruby:

The design was is and will remain timeless AFAIC.

I don't know the first thing about Corvettes, but I just love the way the C4 looks (that blue one with those wheels... :inlove:) Love the super square interior design too, can't wait to see that.

Will be the ultimate cruiser here I think.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%