I think it's even funnier the way your wheels are turned left in a desperate attempt to get back on track... "Please no... Not my shiny new yellow Lamborghini" :laugh:

How's it sounding through the tunnel? are you using placeholder sounds atm?

Not sure if it sounds loud enough through the tunnel, I'm listening to some music while driving... probably why I ended up like this on my second run, almost at the same corner...!
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_30-4-117-17-1-17.jpg

And only had a close call on the entire run
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_30-4-117-16-54-43.jpg

Using Countach sounds for the Diablo.

Nice one mate... Did my hints about in the Track Support section help your wheel shake less then? or are you just :D and bearing it? Glad the track is recognisable :)
I did turn on Skip FF steps, and I cleaned out the wheel again... its a DFGT I bought in... 2012? Age is taking its toll on the thing, the brushes are still fine, but the contact surface on the rotor is turning silver on the edges, as if the copper layer has worn off :O_o:. Driving was better yesterday night after maintenance.

Not sure if it sounds loud enough through the tunnel, I'm listening to some music while driving... probably why I ended up like this on my second run, almost at the same corner...!
View attachment 188747
And only had a close call on the entire run
View attachment 188748
Using Countach sounds for the Diablo.
I would say... are you sure @aphidgod didn't give you the comedy physics files... as you can't seem to keep it on the road.... But I'm sure you're only testing out the collision mesh ;) lol

Seriously though the Diablo looks great... even upside down :)
10 / 10 for driving round here with music playing... I reckon it's the way my tracks should be driven. Listening to this by any chance? lol

I did turn on Skip FF steps, and I cleaned out the wheel again... its a DFGT I bought in... 2012? Age is taking its toll on the thing, the brushes are still fine, but the contact surface on the rotor is turning silver on the edges, as if the copper layer has worn off :O_o:. Driving was better yesterday night after maintenance.
Great that you've improved your experience mate.... I had a Logitech Wingman GP... before getting my G29...
The Wingman was the wheel that came with Gran Turismo 3 (In 2001!), It had a full 180° steering... and had seen just a few years of use :laugh:

Keep in mind Lamborghini did the VT version to try to keep it on the road, this doesn't means that the bull has been tamed... :)
Anyway, yeah nice sountrack, I remember playing it more than once back then. We've been talking about making a soundtrack for the mod, we'll see. In the meantime, your track is quite a challenge to finish fast on a road car without any warning sign... and 90's tires!

Did a lap and a half with the Countach today, been feeling jealous of not having the Diablo so felt it was the next best thing :D

Kind of surprised how nice it is to drive (was on Streets), thought it'd be quite the handful. Providing you get it slowed down properly, its lovely and predictable. Think I did a 16:30, will be interesting to see how the Diablo compares.

Oh, almost forgot - Some reconstructions of my 30min flying lap now it looks a bit nicer :cool:

uBLAlLBh.jpg

PvgMfYXh.jpg

Aa1haPRh.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind Lamborghini did the VT version to try to keep it on the road, this doesn't means that the bull has been tamed... :)
Anyway, yeah nice sountrack, I remember playing it more than once back then. We've been talking about making a soundtrack for the mod, we'll see. In the meantime, your track is quite a challenge to finish fast on a road car without any warning sign... and 90's tires!
Not that I've driven a Diablo, but I've heard they're a real handful... Lamborghini saying they're calming something down doesn't mean it's calm by normal car standards. I'm sure the bull needs some steady coaxing through the corners :)
I bet it's going to be amazing fun.
I do like to make challenging tracks lol But once you make it round a few times I find it extremely easy, and an extremely fast layout... Depending on what track conditions of course.
Out of interest are you using the track map? or following a few AI round?
Imagine the fun I had trying to make a reasonably smooth, fast, consistent AI line.
And yeah 90's tyres must make a Diablo a bit of a handful.... even if they're as really wide.

Did a lap and a half with the Countach today, been feeling jealous of not having the Diablo so felt it was the next best thing :D

Kind of surprised how nice it is to drive (was on Streets), thought it'd be quite the handful. Providing you get it slowed down properly, its lovely and predictable. Think I did a 16:30, will be interesting to see how the Diablo compares.

Oh, almost forgot - Some reconstructions of my 30min flying lap now it looks a bit nicer :cool:
uBLAlLBh.jpg

PvgMfYXh.jpg

Aa1haPRh.jpg
lol Yeah I know what you mean about not having the Diablo... The Countach is fun around here, as it is also fun down Pacific... The balanced mid engine layout makes it nice and stable... unless you get the back out too far... then it will rotate pretty violently all of a sudden.

Very nice screenshots... I might have to put a group of screens from you talented modders on the download page... I like that 1st screenshot the best I think.... With the sun through the mountains :)

I'm surprised you've yet to take your Transit round here for a van lap record lol :) or the lovely focus....
btw... I'm not sure who's putting in the most miles around here...? Shame there's not some kind of Odometer but by track... not by car... There's no way of finding out is there?

Remember mate, get used to keeping it between the white lines.... as things may well change ;)

@Stereo did a wonderful odometer app but it's not track-specific... Content Manager does keep track of mileage (kilometerage?) for both car and track but it's a new(ish) feature so it won't have much history.

Then again it's a new track without much history... we're not trying to find out who's done more laps at Nords. (Answer: quite possibly me.)

CM tells me I've done 806.3km @ the Canyons, which seems a bit high to be honest, but there it is. I doubt I'm too high on the list. :)

Personally, I was finally able to get all the way around when I stopped driving it like a racetrack (edge to edge) and started driving it like a public road (trying to stay in my own lane at all times.) That way when I ran wide I had a shoulder or opposite lane to recover on, rather than just diving off a cliff edge with every mistake.

The very first lap I started driving like that was the first lap I finished.

lol Yeah I know what you mean about not having the Diablo... The Countach is fun around here, as it is also fun down Pacific... The balanced mid engine layout makes it nice and stable... unless you get the back out too far... then it will rotate pretty violently all of a sudden.

Very nice screenshots... I might have to put a group of screens from you talented modders on the download page... I like that 1st screenshot the best I think.... With the sun through the mountains :)

I'm surprised you've yet to take your Transit round here for a van lap record lol :) or the lovely focus....
btw... I'm not sure who's putting in the most miles around here...? Shame there's not some kind of Odometer but by track... not by car... There's no way of finding out is there?

Remember mate, get used to keeping it between the white lines.... as things may well change ;)

Content Manager keeps track of total KM per track (and each car too I think). Can't remember what mine is. (Edit* ninja'd)

Plenty time for van runs yet! The V8 one should be a good laugh ;) And yet to try the Focus too, almost seems a bit mundane for these roads.

And yeah, these last runs I've been keeping track limits in mind, can't say I was when I did the 9:40 though... :D

@Stereo did a wonderful odometer app but it's not track-specific... Content Manager does keep track of mileage (kilometerage?) for both car and track but it's a new feature so it won't have much history.

Then again it's a new track without much history... we're not trying to find out who's done more laps at Nords. (Answer: quite possibly me.)

CM tells me I've done 806.3km @ the Canyons, which seems a bit high to be honest, but there it is. I doubt I'm too high on the list. :)

Personally, I was finally able to get all the way around when I stopped driving it like a racetrack (edge to edge) and started driving it like a public road (trying to stay in my own lane at all times.) That way when I ran wide I had a shoulder or opposite lane to recover on, rather than just diving off a cliff edge with every mistake.

The very first lap I started driving like that was the first lap I finished.
I was going to check out CM... I'm so slow trying out stuff sometimes! Then again I have been busy :)
That's a great feature to have checking how many km's you've done on each track... Does it work out the total km's in all cars / per track? In other words not car specific?

That's a fair few laps... or is that many many bits of a lap ;) lol Get a few laps like that in... and when you know it well just edge out of your lane... But keep it roughly in the white lines... Then again having said that... in Matt Farahs One Take videos.... He doesn't cross the double yellows... and he seems to be having a pretty good drive :)

Content Manager keeps track of total KM per track (and each car too I think). Can't remember what mine is. (Edit* ninja'd)
Plenty time for van runs yet! The V8 one should be a good laugh ;) And yet to try the Focus too, almost seems a bit mundane for these roads.
And yeah, these last runs I've been keeping track limits in mind, can't say I was when I did the 9:40 though... :D
I reckon you must have covered a few km's mate ;)
A V8 Transit... Is that the one from Guy Martin's Speed challenge thing in Nevada... Silverstate or what ever the event is called? I must admit you need a car with some serious legs around here... The LaFerrari loves it down Upper Big T... Think I had a little over 200mph down there... Now that's fun!
I think it's acceptable for the 9:40 to not keep it between the whites... although I think my 10:07 lap was between them.

What?! You aren't using Content Manager yet, @Phoenix77? :confused: I really suggest you get it as soon as you can. I don't know what the limitations are with the free version compared to the full paid version, but the paid version is worth every single penny and then some. There is no minimum donation amount required for a valid authorization key - just to let you know. He's created this new Showroom, for instance...I don't even know how to describe how awesome it is. As a modder it's a super awesome Showroom because you can do realtime updates with .dds files - like if you're designing the look of the car. Anyway, enough about that.. :D

So far, LA Canyons 5 - ALB 0

I've only driven the LA Canyons map five times due to time issues. I have yet to complete a single lap. :( This also includes flying off the road to my fiery death at the same exact turn in back-to-back runs. :confused: Yeah...I'm that awful. I think the Porsche 911 R will be the vehicle that gets me all the way around. Hopefully I'll have time tonight. :cool:

What?! You aren't using Content Manager yet, @Phoenix77? :confused: I really suggest you get it as soon as you can. I don't know what the limitations are with the free version compared to the full paid version, but the paid version is worth every single penny and then some. There is no minimum donation amount required for a valid authorization key - just to let you know. He's created this new Showroom, for instance...I don't even know how to describe how awesome it is. As a modder it's a super awesome Showroom because you can do realtime updates with .dds files - like if you're designing the look of the car. Anyway, enough about that.. :D
Cheers for the details mate... I'm just sloooowww sometimes... same with making tracks lol
I think I'm just being a wimp at not mucking up my install... even though I know it's probably a separate exe that runs independently.

What?! You aren't using Content Manager yet, @Phoenix77
So far, LA Canyons 5 - ALB 0
I've only driven the LA Canyons map five times due to time issues. I have yet to complete a single lap. :( This also includes flying off the road to my fiery death at the same exact turn in back-to-back runs. :confused: Yeah...I'm that awful. I think the Porsche 911 R will be the vehicle that gets me all the way around. Hopefully I'll have time tonight. :cool:
lol Well the Canyons are tricky... and as you've no doubt found out... It's toooo tempting to really go for it.
If you haven't... I'd recommend using the trackmap... and / or put on a few AI's at a leisurely pace that you can keep up with. Or use Hotlap... get a slowish lap in the bank... and eat away at that time following the ghost car.
This track needs a few laps to get familiar with it.... which means a fair amount of time... and a fair amount of miles.... Some extra advice I'd give you... is don't drive at 100% of you ability/speed.... tone it down to 85 - 90% of your ability / speed.. When you learn the track... It's faster and easier than it appears.

And as tempting as it is to put the track conditions down to less grip... give yourself a helping hand and put the grip levels up... and tyres to soft if you have the option, temperature up to 25 - 30°

And yes the 911R and a whole load of the Porsches love it round here....

What car or cars have you tried so far?

I reckon you must have covered a few km's mate ;)
A V8 Transit... Is that the one from Guy Martin's Speed challenge thing in Nevada... Silverstate or what ever the event is called? I must admit you need a car with some serious legs around here... The LaFerrari loves it down Upper Big T... Think I had a little over 200mph down there... Now that's fun!
I think it's acceptable for the 9:40 to not keep it between the whites... although I think my 10:07 lap was between them.

Yeah I'm trying to think how many laps I've done - quite a lot of 'part' laps early on, more full ones now. Maybe up to about 20 or so, which would add up to 500miles or 800km. Can see me adding many more.

Nah, the Transit Guy Martin had was the newer generation which were FWD only (and was V6 IIRC)... Mines RWD. Pretty much just en engine swap, so it keeps all the van handling traits, which is a lot of fun.

I've yet to try any of the hypercars, will have to give it a go soon.

Watched a few onboard motorbike videos on YT last night, very cool recognising some bits of the road.

Haha managed to finish one lap just under 36 minutes last night in a Porsche 356 (wip) but ran out of fuel the last 500 meters. Glad it runs downhill from there. :roflmao:

Awesome track already, looking forward to new versions!

Just an interesting (to me) tidbit:

Google Maps reckon it takes 50min to drive the 26.4miles, averaging ~32mph.
Bing Maps reckon it takes 33min (30 without traffic) to drive the 26.3miles, averaging ~48mph.

Either way, my old 30hp Anglia can do it faster than either estimate. Should be outlawed its so fast...
____

Anyway, here's my little 'request' for the future (using Bing because Google is being terribly slow just now):

In my early laps, this is the point I was flying off the most
VoENY1ah.jpg

I don't have any ingame shots, but its basically a strange, blind off-camber (but very fast) corner that took quite a while to learn where it was and anticipate, and even now I'm quite tentative as it feels quite unnatural.
dbzGyXkh.jpg

Turns out its an actual T-junction IRL, which obviously is not yet implemented. For me, this would be a priority as it changes the whole approach to the corner
1Wz3KA8h.jpg

I'm sure you had this in mind anyway, and there's no rush, but this is the area for me which contrasts the most from the real road. Right now its a very fast section, so breaking it up by having to slow for this junction will add another level of depth and challenge to this already amazing track!

@Phoenix77
just wanted to add that my rattling problems were also down to the car I was using. Its my current project and I had it inadvertently designed with front suspension that pretty much amplified any oscillation (very low caster, no toe at 0°, weird ackermann settings). Your track (and my wheel :D) is fine with some better made car

Yeah I'm trying to think how many laps I've done - quite a lot of 'part' laps early on, more full ones now. Maybe up to about 20 or so, which would add up to 500miles or 800km. Can see me adding many more.

Nah, the Transit Guy Martin had was the newer generation which were FWD only (and was V6 IIRC)... Mines RWD. Pretty much just en engine swap, so it keeps all the van handling traits, which is a lot of fun.

I've yet to try any of the hypercars, will have to give it a go soon.

Watched a few onboard motorbike videos on YT last night, very cool recognising some bits of the road.
Great to know, you've really put in some miles now... Possibly getting to around the same mileage as I've put in "testing", really glad you're liking it so much mate :)
I was thinking about doing the Silverstate, so if it was similar to Guy Martins Transit that could have been fun... But the road IMO wasn't as fun as it is around here. I think you'll like the Hypercars, especially when you get to the "junction" with Upper Big T... That road is superfast.. even though it has got some reasonable curves along it.. You probably have the confidence to really go for it now :)
Just an interesting (to me) tidbit:

Google Maps reckon it takes 50min to drive the 26.4miles, averaging ~32mph.
Bing Maps reckon it takes 33min (30 without traffic) to drive the 26.3miles, averaging ~48mph.

Either way, my old 30hp Anglia can do it faster than either estimate. Should be outlawed its so fast...
____

Anyway, here's my little 'request' for the future (using Bing because Google is being terribly slow just now):

In my early laps, this is the point I was flying off the most
VoENY1ah.jpg

I don't have any ingame shots, but its basically a strange, blind off-camber (but very fast) corner that took quite a while to learn where it was and anticipate, and even now I'm quite tentative as it feels quite unnatural.
dbzGyXkh.jpg

Turns out its an actual T-junction IRL, which obviously is not yet implemented. For me, this would be a priority as it changes the whole approach to the corner
1Wz3KA8h.jpg

I'm sure you had this in mind anyway, and there's no rush, but this is the area for me which contrasts the most from the real road. Right now its a very fast section, so breaking it up by having to slow for this junction will add another level of depth and challenge to this already amazing track!
Yeah totally agree mate, which I also find unfortunate as I was really liking coming over that crest at about 160mph down that hill... Depending on the range from the world centre (16 x 16km physics limit thing) I may possibly do what I've said in this post... (In the other thread :confused:)
Other post in the Other thread just to confuse things!!!! lol
Thanks again for your added research, I really like it that you're looking into the area in such detail... and it's cool that it's recognisable.. considering there aren't any real landmarks as such... That says that I've got the accuracy to a level I find acceptable at this early stage.
Sounds like your Anglia is becoming the new Urban Outlaw ;) :D

Haha managed to finish one lap just under 36 minutes last night in a Porsche 356 (wip) but ran out of fuel the last 500 meters. Glad it runs downhill from there. :roflmao:

Awesome track already, looking forward to new versions!
Thanks mate, really glad that you're testing your 356 around here...That car was the beginning of the 911 story wasn't it?... I find it amazing that iconic car was missing from any of the Porsche Packs..

Edit: I've had the running out of fuel situation... I think I rolled it for a good few kilometres! lol

Yourself and @garyjpaterson should go head to head... sounds like your cars are from a similar era... and possibly similar lap times and power?

@Phoenix77
just wanted to add that my rattling problems were also down to the car I was using. Its my current project and I had it inadvertently designed with front suspension that pretty much amplified any oscillation (very low caster, no toe at 0°, weird ackermann settings). Your track (and my wheel :D) is fine with some better made car
Thanks for letting me know, I was finding it weird that you were getting rattling... as unlike Pacific Coast, I'm well within AC's physics limitations....
I wouldn't know my ackermann settings from my elbow.... But don't knock your own work ;) It's bound to have some teething problems... As I've said a few times in whatever thread I was in at the time... Rome wasn't built in a day... I'm sure your project will get to where you want it sooner than you think mate :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back