1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Kylotonn unveils system requirements for WRC 5 game

Discussion in 'WRC 5 The Game' started by Alex Franchini, Sep 23, 2015.

1. WRC 5 Rally Game.jpg
    The release of rally game WRC 5 is close and the developers from Kylotonn have published the official system requirements for their multi-platform title.

Lead-up to the release has been a bit of a mixed bag, with gameplay trailers appearing only relatively late.

It doesn't look bad, and the later trailers have shown quite a bit of improvement compared to the early teasers. In any case, 2015 certainly has been a good year for rally games, despite the delay of Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo to 2016 and there's even more incoming, more about that soon.

WRC 5 will be out on October 16th on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. A demo (remember those?) is also in the works, though there's no release date for it yet.

Minimum specs
    • Processor: Intel® Core i3 / AMD Phenom™ II X2
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GTX / AMD Radeon™ HD 5750
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c, Shader Model 3
    • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
    Recommended specs
    • Processor: Intel® Core i5 2500 / AMD FX 8150
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Nice article Alex,
    I for one am cautiously optimistic about this title... the WRC deserves a good, realistic rally game and hopefully this is it..... if not, back to DiRT Rally for me :)

Mmmmmmm, do tell more :p:)
  3. This made the year far better for rally games.
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Judging by those specs, I guess there's little to no PC optimisation getting done!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. I actually can't yet :D
  6. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

I would save your money if you are expecting full on simulation and cutting edge physics, this is a more casual affair, look at it as Dirt3 with a WRC licence....it was impossible in such a short time to develop a meaningful physics engine from scratch and claim it was "full simulation", therefore we never even started out with such an unrealistic goal, and we don't claim it is the ultimate simulation either, we will in the next incarnation however start bolting in more and more simulation aspects, before that can happen it is important to have a solid base, there is room for a fun WRC game which drives nicely without it being full sim, and also room for Dirt Rally in the same market, I play both and enjoy both for different reasons ?
    • Love Love x 3
  7. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Yup, there is always room for games that ain't full-blood simulators, and as long as they are not marketed as "the ultimate rally sim" or something, then it's just great.

You cannot really claim that V-Rally 3 was a simulator, but due to the very good career-mode aspect of it, I still play it today! It is good fun! :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

So like Pcars compared to GSCE then? Or more like Test Drive Unlimited compared to AC?

ps, I live 4 miles from Sleaford. ;)
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

What gets me with the whole gaming industry these days, it seems like when they make a console game and port it to the PC, rather than do some actual optimisation, they simply use the brute strength on offer to get the game to run.

Recommended Specs:
    • Processor: Intel® Core i5 2500 / AMD FX 8150
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
    This is a game thats run on a Xbox 360, and granted, the PC version will look better, this smacks of "Get it out of the door, Deal with problems later".

Just my 2 cents
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. You lost me at It doesn't look bad,

And i saw DirectX: Version 9.0c, Shader Model 3 so now i know for sure this will look like ****

WHY you guys keep giving this crap a good attention... they already screwed everyone by WRC3 and 4, AND THEY WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN... exactly like çodemaster they don't care about anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. @Steve William , on the other hand DX9 can still look amazing. In fact it is still very capable middleware that supports very nice looking rendering.

Look to The vanishing of Ethan Carter for an example.

In this case however i think it's more a case of sloppy artist work, as well as sloppy coding. Those in car textures is a throwback to 2001 and not in a pleasant way... And lighting is miles off. It looks like that grease-stain vaseline filtering Codemasters used to use ;)

Also... GTX780 recommended. For what we see in that trailer? Really? Optimization work likely to be non existing then...

But still. IF it feels right, i am going to enjoy the official cars. No big hope for that though.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. One might also add that with "feels right" i am not referring to "simulation" per se... I am quite happy with more casual IF it hits that sweet spot.

Like @Ole Marius Myrvold i will hold up V Rally as an example. Those long nights of grinding that game... ;)
  13. @Richard Eriksson DX9 wasnt my point, But keeping the same graphics from WRC 4...

Also for me graphics are not everything but when i see evil idiots like milestone being lazy and trying to screw people.....of course i get pissed not because i care about others, nope! its because i know im not getting a good official rally game.

14. Maybe it'll be a great game, maybe it'll be crap. I wouldn't judge yet.

I don't see Kylotonn actively trying to scam anybody here.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

Steve, am I mistaken - this isn't Milestone anymore?

If it's Dirt3 level physics with the full license, long stages (that's where Dirt3 failed miserable) and decent GFX - including, please pretty please, support for resolutions besides 1080p... then it will be worth it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kylotonn is not milestone.... on paper yes, but for them to copy past their work (truly a disgusting work) makes them no different. (Did you play or heard of thier work, they have made truck racer which is one of the worst racing games you will ever see)
    As far as i know this rally series is still screwing people.

Dirt at least was fun. something will never be associated with WRC games.
  17. Kylotonn never made any truck racing game? No Rally game either for that matter.

French studio founded in mid-2000s. Made Bet On Soldier action series and some hunting games for consoles i remember.

I think they use a proprietary game engine, and it was quite good in those Hunting games...

So it's not Milestone tech used here i think. But they are not a racing developer as i recall... So that may still be a problem.

But still, Milestone is out... This is a french team as opposed to the all italian Milestone... Better or even worse? Dont know yet :)
  18. Yes they made that game,

Im only reacting to what i have seen o far, and it kind hurts to know that there is people like them screwing everyone and getting away with it.
  19. Didnt know... Wow. That Truck game REALLY sucked. I actually played it åt a friends house once ;)
  20. If they keep pissing me off, i will end up buying the license, since its being to whom ever... and recruit modders from the community and create something decent :)
    • Like Like x 1