Kunos unveils new details about the Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack

11807427_1192094894150160_5855443101731709168_o.jpg

Assetto Corsa devs, Kunos Simulazioni, have published lengthy post on their official Facebook page, detailing reasons for their recent silence, the details of the pending 1.2 update, and a few hits of future announcements.

Apparently, the popular racing title is being revamped and updated pretty extensively on all fronts. One of the reasons for the long development time for the 1.2 patch (which will include the Bonus Pack) is the update of the physics model.

The developers have also brought all of the game's cars up to the new standard to guarantee a consistent experience. Improvements in terms of audio, multiplayer and AI are also expected. Trips to McLaren and Ferrari offices are also a nice surprise, and we can imagine there is some juicy news for Assetto Corsa's future.

Update 1.2 is coming "VERY soon". To soothe your appetite, you can read the full post (source) below:

"Yes, we know. Lately we left you a bit alone. We understand that lack of news can give a wrong impression, but we have never gone away. We had an awesome experience at E3, that has followed the announcement of Assetto Corsa on console for next year, and we came back with a lot of exciting new opportunities for Assetto Corsa. We are working on more than 30 new cars and new tracks that are being produced for all formats, as well as a completely new interface and new and improved features. It is obvious that the Assetto Corsa project grows more and more and so we decided to enlarge our team, and in the last six weeks we hired new talented people to help us on our task even more. These activities have required all our attention, in order to organise the workflow of the next months. Contemporary, we paid a visit to Brands Hatch circuit for our Laserscan survey of the track, and we also visited the McLaren Technology Centre, as well as the Ferrari Factory. We have exciting news to share about the reasons of these journeys and we will keep you updated in the following months.

In the meantime, after some testing made during the 24H race weekend, we have started to use a new technology and approach to record sounds, directly at Vallelunga race circuit, where our HQ is located. More details will be revealed soon, but we think you will appreciate the new level of sound environment we are achieving.

As you can see, despite of the lack of news, we are working hard behind the scenes. The free bonus pack will not introduce only new exciting content but, more importantly, new features and sensible improvements, in all sectors: artificial intelligence, physics, multiplayer features, graphics and general performance.

The changelog will give you only a rough idea of what you will find under the hood. The updates related to the physics engine and force feedback will allow you to appreciate even more the new cars included in the bonus pack and rediscover the old ones. Our aim is to guarantee you the best driving experience whichever car model you choose to drive, and we continuously work hard to tweak, update and refresh all the previous content available in Assetto Corsa. Other features are a small preview of the updates that will arrive in future, like for example, the glowing brakes,frequently asked by our fans. That is another reason why we taken more time to complete and test the new build.

Regarding the selection of the new cars, the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde will join the fight versus the 500 Abarth EsseEsse and can also teach a thing or two against some older RWD machinery; the Audi Quattro is a legendary car so loved by car enthusiasts. When it was presented everybody else was struggling to put on the road around 200bhp. The Audi had over 300bhp and 4 wheel drive in the mid 80s! Not enough? We give also a tuned step1 version with locked differentials and “moar powaaah”! The Lamborghini Miura SV is one of the most beautiful car ever created and welcomes the Automobili Lamborghini Brand in Assetto Corsa. It defined the term supercar back in the 60s and now we give you the opportunity to drive this million value piece of car history . The Toyota GT86 has been developed in cooperation with RSR Nurburg, that knows each single secret of this modern hachi-roku (eighty six), a car that makes every car enthusiast yell with excitement and every tyre tremble with fear. Our developers tried hard to learn every aspect of the car dynamics. Some tyres have been sacrificed for the cause… Last but not least, the Nissan GT-R Nismo doesn't need to be introduced: reproducing its dynamic behaviour has been a true and exciting challenge, due to active central differential and the well known performances on the Nordschleife. Thanks to the precious support of RSR Nurburg, the help of engineers that work on the car from around the world and our own research, we have been able to replicate the "Godzilla" at its best.
When? VERY soon!"

Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

I'm glad I've fallen in love with AC again! Can't wait for this! What with the RX coming to DR shortly as well, 2015 is a great year in sim-racing for me.

The updated physics have also piqued my interest...

Let's wait and see.

As for the Ferrari/Mclaren thing... so many good options fom those 2, FXXK, P1 GTR, 650S GT3, 488GTB and 675LT, maybe? Or F1 related? We already saw the F138...
For the Ferrari I think he's talking about the F1 2013 car as seen on the console trailer. As for the McLaren, I hope it is the 650S GT3 to add to the GT3 field.

Go ahead and watch the console trailer. There are more surprises there like the R8 LMS, Countach, SGC 3, etc

• Deleted member 151827

Damn. I saw the word "incoming" and thought a download would appear today. No worries...plenty of racing games to play. :)

For the Ferrari I think he's talking about the F1 2013 car as seen on the console trailer. As for the McLaren, I hope it is the 650S GT3 to add to the GT3 field.

Go ahead and watch the console trailer. There are more surprises there like the R8 LMS, Countach, SGC 3, etc

Hopefully there's something more than what's in the trailer, since they were already working on those even before teasing "we've been to the MTC and Maranello, wait for news..."

But since they managed without PR uptil now maybe Kunos should invest in more people to join their team and that is probably what they are doing right now :)
They've already done that, as said in the post:
It is obvious that the Assetto Corsa project grows more and more and so we decided to enlarge our team, and in the last six weeks we hired new talented people to help us on our task even more.

In fact, I think this very post was written by someone just hired.

My hopes for the FXXK, the P1 GTR and the gt3 650 are very high now :). We know the f138 is coming, could even more Ferrari F1's and even Mclaren F1's be possible :) ???!!!.

I want a F1 DLC pack, I'll pay that whatever the price.

Stefano said on Twitter that tomorrow is the target day to release. They are still testing stuff and FFB won't get the new features in 1.2. AI needs optimization (specially in the ring) but is tested in all tracks&cars so must be great progress for what I understand.

My hopes for the FXXK, the P1 GTR and the gt3 650 are very high now :). We know the f138 is coming, could even more Ferrari F1's and even Mclaren F1's be possible :) ???!!!.

I want a F1 DLC pack, I'll pay that whatever the price.
there will be so many mods for ferrari f1's :) f2002 and on drivin,italia i saw f2004 and f2008 wip so we will see. already from F1AL 2015 mod for ac (can be found on youtube for example megaracinghd haves links) we have ferrari sf15-t and from FC1 2014 a glorious F14T. So thats already 6 ferraris with f138. and for mclaren.. yeah i would like to have that mclaren f1 pack, there's only MP4-30.

hhhmmmm......got a 609mb update today on steam so i thought i would see whats new, game loaded to the main menu fine but when i tried selecting base content to head out on track it would load for 5 secs and kick me back to the main screen?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%